It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is This Possible - DOJ Tells Congress NO - Even Though Congress Has Oversight of DOJ.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
April 6, 2018

Something is not right here. The Department of Justice was created by Congress. Congress has oversight of the DOJ. This DOJ is run by Republican Jeff Sessions. Jeff Session's boss is Republican Donald Trump.

Yet, when the Republican head of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee asks for ONE document, the DOJ tells him:

The Department of Justice on Friday dismissed Rep. Devin Nunes demand for an unredacted copy of the document that initiated the FBI’s investigation of links between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.
Much More at: www.politico.com...

And likewise, the Judiciary Committee was only given 3,000 of the 1.2 million documents it requested from the DOJ/FBI, related to its paperwork on potential laws broken by Hillary Clinton.
Ref: thehill.com...

Shouldn't Attorney General JEFF SESSIONS step in here, and tell his department heads to fulfill Congress's request? To follow the law of the land?

Like I said at the top...
SOMETHING IS AWRY

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/6/2018 by carewemust because: minor adjustment

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My guess is either the “deep state” has some serious dirt on Sessions or he’s simply afraid of suicide.

Bottom line, the corruption runs so deep that way too many people are invested in the absolute need for it NEVER to be uncovered

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Partisan affiliation means nothing. The DOJ is part of the Executive, however Congress has oversight power. Typically individual members of Congress do not have the power to compel the DOJ to provide them with anything. However, committees and their chairs do have subpoena power.

Nunes could tried to hold them in contempt of Congress. However...

I don't know the legal precedent covering how the DOJ might be required to comply. In the case of the document in question, because it's highly classified, I don't think they could be compelled to actually send it to Nunes unredacted and if they gave delegated members of the HPSCI (Gowdy and Schiff and whatever minions) access to the review the document in camera, its possible that they've complied.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Your's is as good of an explanation as any. Even President Trump and his family may have been threatened effectively.

Even though he directly to Hillary's face that if he was elected, she'd go to jail, President-elect Trump changed his mind even before being sworn in. I'm afraid somebody with a huge amount of power, shut him down on that "promise". (Hope I'm wrong though.)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
maybe one of the members is under investigation

I would love that to happen

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
maybe one of the members is under investigation

I would love that to happen

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There was a very frustrated Judiciary Congressman interviewed today. He said that the Goodlatte subpoena now allows the deadline for the 1.2 million documents to be April 11th. Said that if this was missed, he'd "demand" a Special Counsel appointment.

Maybe the DOJ can tell a Special Counsel to "shove it!" too?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
oh! sorry the guard dogs eat it!
just you wait and see!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The corruption runs too deep. The depth of it being known by the public would bring down the entire house of cards, [government)..
edit on 6-4-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Progressive/Liberal/Moonbeam/Snowflake mentality.

They behave as two year old children... kicking, screaming, throwing fits and tantrums. They are emotionally driven, logic deprived and obviously starving for attention.

"No, my documents! You can't have them!"... "Mine!"... "Mine!"... "Fine, I'll scribble all over them.... pthpppp!"

We could distract most of them by throwing cheerios in the toilet, and giving them a nickel for each one they sink while urinating.

They should try bribing them with "Sponge Bob" videos, and chicken nuggets... it worked with my kids at that age.
edit on 6-4-2018 by madmac5150 because: Arkancide

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

maybe one of the members is under investigation I would love that to happen

Me too the name Adam Schiff comes to mind.

Mr. leaky leak himself.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Best guess is Nunes is trying to get classified docs sent to the committee about the Russian Investigation. I would assume the DOJ would allow him/his staff/ranking members to view them in a secure location much like the information used to make his infamous memo. But for some reason that is not good enough this time.

As for the Clinton Documents, 1.2 million is a lot of documents. If each document is only 1 page long (many would be longer) it would be a stack of papers over 3000ft tall. Remember that not all of government paper work is digitized even to this day.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
How long has it been since Hillary was caught using her private server? Almost 6 years? You guys are chasing a pipe dream, if she isn't in jail by now then she's not going to be.

To clarify, I think she (among many others) probably DESERVES jail time, but this crap has dragged on so long that it's obvious nothing is going to come of it and that TPTB are just dangling the carrot at the end of your stick hoping you keep chasing it. Just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

How Is This Possible - DOJ Tells Congress NO - Even Though Congress Has Oversight of DOJ

Two different branches of government. The Legislative Branch makes the laws. The Executive Branch enforces them.

The Judicial Branch interprets them.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The DoJ is vacating their lawful duty, and because of that, it is a slap in the face to America like a statement saying they don't need to obey any law like government had to traditionally.

If I was president and saw any agency of the country do this I would send armed troops -Marshals in to confiscate the requested documents and arrest anyone attempting to stop them.

When just one official refuses a lawful constitutional order like we have seen so many doing these days, then the behavior spreads into all of them, and then they all begin thumbing their noses at the rest of the country.

We saw Bush do it, then Clinton, then Obama and Hillary and all their helpers in high places doing it all over the map. It spread like a virus and their are still quite a few encamped and continuing this new illness. Eventually if allowed to continue, this will destroy America.

They use mass media partisan bigotry to shield themselves and fend off responsibility. It's maddening to see it go uncorrected and unpunished.
edit on 6-4-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
oh! sorry the guard dogs eat it!
just you wait and see!

The DOJ said that the House Intelligence Committee could see the document "on camera" only. Maybe they did take a photo of the document and then shredded it. That photo of the document could be doctored to say anything!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How long has it been since Hillary was caught using her private server? Almost 6 years? You guys are chasing a pipe dream, if she isn't in jail by now then she's not going to be.

To clarify, I think she (among many others) probably DESERVES jail time, but this crap has dragged on so long that it's obvious nothing is going to come of it and that TPTB are just dangling the carrot at the end of your stick hoping you keep chasing it. Just my opinion though.

If I had dirt on Hilary... I would dig a deep hole, and hide.

The entire "Jaws" franchise had fewer fatalities, than the Clintons have left in their wake.

edit on 6-4-2018 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The corruption runs too deep. The depth of it being known by the public would bring down the entire house of cards, [government)..

The Judiciary Congressman hinted at that today. He said evidence thus far indicates that there have been "many" abuses of the FISA law to spy on Americans. Not just the Trump campaign and Presidency.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Adam Schiff was one of those cursed out by former Trump campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski recently.
www.redstate.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I bet they already have seen these documents un-redacted.

The appearances of confusion and un-compliance might just be for keeping opposition and deep embedded swampers in a comfort zone.

The strategies have been working so far.

Implants inside the DOJ might get exposed when they are caught holding back specific items that they *think* are "unseen" or "unreleased" 😎✌

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join