It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i know if someone has replied to something i posted? Or if my comment has been replied to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As in title, when i go into a thread i don't know if someone said something back or not unless i go through all the messages, what if there are like a 100 or whatever then how do i know if some of them are replies to my comment?

A notification or something like that would be nice, like if i click on it i can see all replies to my last comments

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Up on the tabs bar, third icon from the right, two word bubbles.

It will take you to individual responses to your comments.

edit on 4/6/18 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Click on the icon below . Top line third from the right , a list of all replies comes up . Should also mention the envelope shaped icon shows that you have a message if it is all white .

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Up on the tabs bar, third icon from the right, two word bubbles.

It will take you to individual responses to your comments.

Oh! Thank you very much, i though it was for private message conversations and never clicked on it
*feeling dumb*

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Got it now, thanks so much for the help

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

yeah. I have been here how many years??? never noticed the "see replies to your threads" well this will be helpful...I was thinking they could have a "last read" to click on when you go into a thread...but I will try this!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yeah, I registered this account a few years ago and then mostly never used it, now that i got interested more i realized i don't have a clue how to use the site but it looks like it's not that hard. I just never really tried to 'really' use it or participate daily until now. Some things are not really clear on how they work but oh well

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Dear ATS: Please send allow push notifications for replies on android either through the browser or the app.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RiverMasonMusic
Dear ATS: Please send allow push notifications for replies on android either through the browser or the app.

They are there. Use DESKTOP VERSION on mobile... My Android is fine

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I have an Android phone and i never got such a thing, how do you enable that? What would be the point of having a phone and having to use the desktop version, i'm like 90% out of home, what's the point?
edit on 8-4-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I have an Android phone and i never got such a thing, how do you enable that? What would be the point of having a phone and having to use the desktop version, i'm like 90% out of home, what's the point?

Why? To get the benefit of the whole page and site while youre on train or bus.. wherever.

Use the settings on your android at the site that says BOOKMARKS, HISTORY etc.. and you'll find a checkbox that says "USE DESKTOP VERSION".Check it.

Youlll get the full sized and complete webpage as on p.c.,laptop etc.. You may have to spread or shrink page as you scroll... You also shouldn't get many if any ads that way either.

Many ATS members use that on mobile.. I learned that HERE.... from the mods and other members.

Yoy don't need any website's "app" or mobile version. Your choice..

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Good luck hitting the right spot to open a thread in a new tab, or hitting the star button (not knowing if you actually hit it, or if it's just taking 5 hours to register that you did) or hitting the little numbers to navigate pages... a NEXT/PREVIOUS page button would be helpful, not first, 2,3,4,...,last as it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You ZOOM the page! What's so hard to figure out?

ATS taught me that and I'm using it on mobile now. I learned the benefits on how to and why.. and do.

Try it or not..'dont care if you do or not.

PS of COURSE you cant see the entire page on the tiny screen all at once. But it's there... Just zoom and scroll all around... It's the sites whole page.

Youre welcome....

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah i can't do that, i don't have good vision and it would kill me to constantly do that, i rely on a big phone screen and spend most of my day without a laptop, i do work next to home but i don't have/can't spend time on a laptop so i use my phone on those chances i have, with big fonts

I can't do the zoom thing, it kills me, not all of us are able to do the same things

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I got a Bluetooth capable "Magic 8-Ball" ($179.99 from Sky-Mall).

Does it work?

"Ask again later"

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Understand. Me too with the eyes. But am full page, desktop version, lg font on Android, scrolling and zooming with it rt now.

In fact.. It's because of my eyes I learned here to do this... But whatever works.

P. S. My font replying to you here is HUGE... Spread -pinch fingers-zoom from small to GIGANTIC... and now I'm going back now to normal pg. font size.
Good luck, just trying to help!

MS
edit on 15-4-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join