It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perfect response to the to the state of politics here on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Actually, if your income has risen 6% since 1978 you are an idiot.

That's more than 90% of the population then. I suppose we're all idiots for not becoming CEOs or wealthy elites - because the pyramid structure that is capitalism allows for everybody to become wealthy? The economy has the capacity for everybody to be at the top and wealthy?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Actually, if your income has risen 6% since 1978 you are an idiot.

That's more than 90% of the population then. I suppose we're all idiots for not becoming CEOs or wealthy elites - because the pyramid structure that is capitalism allows for everybody to become wealthy? The economy has the capacity for everybody to be at the top and wealthy?

I suppose you are retarded then since the 5.7% figure is bogus.

Minimum wage in 1978 was $2.65

Minimum wage in 2018 varies on state, but averages $10.00

An average increase of 265%.

At least attempt to do some homework before posting just straight out Marxist crap.

You know... make a change!!!!

And edited to add... yes, the capitalist economic idea does allow people that strive and sacrifice to be given the chance to get whatever they want.

The pursuit of happiness....

I know, I know.. people such as yourself that are all butthurt and marginal would rather have stuff handed to them.

Thankfully, we don't have your system in place in America.

Yet.

edit on 6-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You seem as though you are taking a victim's mentality.

It is not up to society to give you a living wage. It is up to you, through continued education and certifications to make your value greater to your place of employment. Or you can use your knowledge and experience to move yourself to different employment, at a net gain for you.
It's not that hard if you are good at what you do, and continue to expand your knowledge in your chosen field.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

You seem as though you are taking a victim's mentality.

It is not up to society to give you a living wage. It is up to you, through continued education and certifications to make your value greater to your place of employment. Or you can use your knowledge and experience to move yourself to different employment, at a net gain for you.
It's not that hard if you are good at what you do, and continue to expand your knowledge in your chosen field.

Pearls before swine there...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It is not up to society to give you a living wage.

In what part of the OP is there an argument about installing a 'living wage'? The focus in the ever increasing wealth inequality and the government waste on the military industrial complex and tax cuts.

You need to address the topic, not make up strawman.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

In what part of the OP is there an argument about installing a 'living wage'? The focus in the ever increasing wealth inequality and the government waste on the military industrial complex and tax cuts.

Now tax cuts... are you honestly saying that giving working people more money in their checks is a bad thing?

Stalin... is that you?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Now tax cuts... are you honestly saying that giving working people more money in their checks is a bad thing?

Where did I say I didn't support giving working people a tax cut? Again strawman, again, not what the OP says.

Boy you fellers are going guns blazing.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I addressed your post that I responded to. Not your OP.
Respond to the conversation at hand as conversations evolve. Or alert a mod and have them remove my post if it is deemed off topic.

As per your OP, I feel it was stated with good intentions.

edit on 6-4-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: changed out well with good, as well intentions do not pave the road. . .

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Where did I say I didn't support giving working people a tax cut? Again strawman, again, not what the OP says.

Boy you fellers are going guns blazing.

Quoting you....

Did you not just say that? I copy/pasted from your post. Is this a multiple personality disorder thing, or are you sharing the account name with fellow inmates?

I'm done with you, sweetheart. There is no sense trying to have a rational conversation with someone that is fighting themselves online.

Wish you luck with your thread and hope the strawmans tuck you in tonight.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

And I responded likewise by saying that wasn't the argument of the OP.

My response to the other member was a once off. You decided to expand on that and I corrected you on your assumption and redirected you to the OP.

No need for me to alert the mods on anything. I have no issue responding to you myself.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

One thing is for certain, extreme poverty has fallen drastically over the last two centuries (ourworldindata.org...), even despite the population growing.

So it just doesn’t follow that because the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. That simply isn’t the case.

Mass immigration, on the other hand, is a problem, because it may bankrupt the very industrial societies that have traditionally provided for this growth in global prosperity.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That's right out of the Cultural Marxist hand book?

Is that what you believe in?

edit on 6-4-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

For somebody who just referred to the middle and lower classes as 'idiots' for only getting a 5% increase in wealth over the last 40 years (with a total disregard or lack of understanding of inflation, supply and demand or trickle down tax cuts) who are you to talk about rational conversation? You didn't even properly address the point of the OP.

I'm done with you

You didn't need to announce that, seriously. No sleep lost. Adios.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

To bad people unwilling to actually consider the logistics required to “take all the guns” or “the cia, fbi, media, Democrats are all setting trump up” and “Shiria law is comming to America”, so they have been voting for the side who orcastrated the stagnation of American wages for decades..

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Do I believe that wealth inequality has gotten substantially worse over the last 40 years?

Of course I do.

Don't you? Is this propaganda?

Do I believe that trickle down tax cuts have only really benefitted the wealthy elite and corporations?

I certainly do.

The facts are there Seeker. This isn't 'marxist' propaganda. Putting a label to it doesn't change reality. You can make counter arguments to why this is happening but you can't deny that it's happening.

Going back to the OP, this is the single biggest issue facing the country today. Why be so fixated on illegal immigrants and minorities? That's my question.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Do I believe that wealth inequality has gotten substantially worse over the last 40 years?

Of course I do.

Don't you? Is this propaganda?

Do I believe that trickle down tax cuts have only really benefitted the wealthy elite and corporations?

I certainly do.

The facts are there Seeker. This isn't 'marxist' propaganda. Putting a label to it doesn't change reality. You can make counter arguments to why this is happening but you can't deny that it's happening.

Going back to the OP, this is the single biggest issue facing the country today. Why be so fixated on illegal immigrants and minorities? That's my question.

Yep! Back to that old wealth thing! Right out the of the Marxist hand book! Why not address meritocracy and hard work instead of making victims out of their skin color or sexuality?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I see everyone herein having a good point.

I also see this juncture fixated on... minorities.

Universal issues (robberbarron plundering) framed around divisive ones (minority BS). I wonder how that will go......

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Politicking and petty bickering aside, you make some really good points

However, that doesn't minimize the other things you mentioned including: border security & sovereignty, reducing violent crime, etc.

But nevertheless IMO you are correct about the true "scraps" this top % "graciously" passes on to the other 99% of us..

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ah the real whatabouism!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The extreme poverty people cant get any poorer. But the 80% compared to the 20% are "poor". And we are getting poorer. And this de facto (upward) redistribution of wealth is by design. And debates about minorities distracts from that. While 'cant criticize "capitalism" (robberbarronism)' arguments protects Them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join