It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot Go To My Daughters Graduation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: redhorse

The cops said nothing can be done because of jurisdictional issues on school grounds.

There are no "jurisdiction" issues unless the school is outside the legal jurisdiction/mutual aid compacts of the investigating agency. Unless your state/community has some odd-ball laws I am unaware of.
---

To me, however, this is one more example of the failing public school systems. I'd pull her out, put her in private/home school and let the public schools remain filled with wastes of space like those bullies. Let them grow up to be chief fry cook at McDonalds, while your daughter blossoms into a well/properly educated young woman. Based on her reactions to these moronic mouth breathers, sounds like she already has a great start....

See? Some people are genuinely "better" than others...

Yes it was weird. What he said was that the police can't intervene on behavioral issues on school grounds, even if someone gets hurt.

Now, when I told the Principal this, during our first meeting, he actually seemed frustrated but not with me. Later, when he was conferencing with us at home over the phone and getting my daughter's version of events for the investigation, he brought it up again and explained that different police officers interpret that in different ways. It's very inconsistent, which causes a lot of confusion, problems and frustration on the school's end of things. I could definitely see why he was irritated with that.

He did say, that this situation had prompted a conversation with the police so that they could come up with a standardized policy and procedure strategy to cope with such situations in the future. So maybe there was some small positive that came out of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Good to hear!

It is ridiculous your daughter was subjected to this behavior. I believe every student has the right to an education free of threats or acts of violence, and acts of disruption to that education. Sounds like the school officials didn't care too much for holding up their end of that responsibility though! You certainly held up your end, your daughter held hers up to...but the school let you both down IMO. Especially to target you just after the incident(s). You were understandably angry (probably an understatement, I'd have been *furious*) and they should have recognized that instead of making veiled threats of legal action and further inflaming the situation they created by inaction in the first place

She sounds like a wonderful young lady though, and I really believe the old adage of "what doesn't defeat you makes you stronger"

(changed "kill" to defeat because it didn't seem right to use that word in the context of a young adult!)

Oh lord, I almost forgot... Congratulations on her Graduating!
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I saw this thread yesterday and it made me think and it saddened me. But i can see this also as a survivor story. I can see that you have raised a daughter who is capable of reaching her goals even if there are huge obstacles in the way.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I am so sorry you're going through this. If you have the energy, I recommend you going up the chain until someone holds this creep principal responsible.

I hope your daughter is ok. Soon she'll be at college or whatever, while Gus is getting a restraining order put against him by some other girl. Little psychopath can't get away with it forever.

Where is there special jurisdiction at schools? i never heard of that before.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is my own opinion of course.

You have to play by their rules. You are in their ballfield. They think that what they are doing is perfectly legal and are ensuring that they are protected legally.

Use that same logic against them. Log the times and dates of your confrontations. Take notes of the bullying incidents.

Then use the legal system in your favor. Most of the time all it takes is a threat to seek legal counsel for a certain matter. This matter being, that the school system is putting your daughter in direct harm's way of bullying, physical and mental. The school is directly responsible for your daughters well being while she is in attendance. The school system is in the wrong and all of the talk of bullying as of lately you could have a case to roll with.

Be smarter than them. Be the voice of reason to stand up against a corrupt system and take a stand.

This is the day and age of legality.

Use it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join