It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bible predict a one world government?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
No, You are Right,,,, Now there is only 9 countrys that has sign the new Constitution..

France and Denmark are the lates to turn it Down.....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There are 10 full members and a few others.Many more are under voting.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfdarby
SWIB,,

Would you be asking about the Whore dress in purpel and scarlet that sets on the head of one of the beast that has the 7 heads and ten horns??
No, I specifically asked about the woman clothed in the sun.

And also, America is not a Beast.. America was name the Eagle and not much is said aboul it and that is why some thinks that the America's will be destroyed when 1/3 of the world is destroyed by fire from the sky,,,, the Americans is riight at 1/3 of the land mass of the World..
I did not as far as I recall, mention America. Perhaps you such statements elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I think the ten horns that are talked about are the Ten Kings or Leaders,,,( Like the per say) the 10 countrys of the EU, the new world Captial will be located in the city of seven hills which Rome...

Yeah, thats the ten horns

No, You are Right,,,, Now there is only 9 countrys that has sign the new Constitution..

France and Denmark are the lates to turn it Down.....

I never fought of it like that, the 10 horns could be the the 10 countries that expect the EU. We'll look into this abit more

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Personnaly, I think America is the Babylon they speak of in the Bible. Look at all the symbols that link them together, Ishtar/Semiramis (Statue of Liberty).

www.dos.state.ny.us...

On the right side of the shield. The figure of Liberty in natural colors, her unbound hair decorated with pearls. She is clothed in blue with red sandals, a loose robe of red hanging down from her shoulders to her feet. In her right hand, she holds a staff topped with a gold Phrygian cap;

On the left side of the shield. The figure of Justice in natural colors, her unbound hair decorated with pearls. She is clothed in gold with a blue belt fringed in red, wearing sandals and a robe as Liberty and bound about the eyes with a narrow band of cloth.

The Statue of Liberty and her image on New York State Seal match the specific descriptions in Rev 17 of gold, pearls, blue/red, the woman "who sits on many waters", part of a red beast "with seven heads and ten horns".

And September the 11th just makes it even more so for me. If one of the other Nations take a large wound sometime soon I'd change my mind, but i doubt it.

Edit:

There we are told her name, "Babylon the Great", a city and a nation. All nations have drunk of her wine (Rev 14:8) and her nation being drunk with "the blood of those who testified to Jesus", seems to imply many Christians are living in the new Babylon.

Reminiscent of the Tower of Babel from Genesis 11, the motto for New York State is "Excelsior", which means more lofty, still higher, or ever upward.

New York City is the most economically important port city in the world. Long Island, actually a fish-shape land mass formed around 11,000 years ago, contains a municipality named Babylon. It is one of very few places in the world bearing the name of Babylon to this day!

17:9 (This requires a mind that has wisdom.) The seven heads are seven mountains the woman sits on. They are also seven kings:
17:10 five have fallen; one is, and the other has not yet come, but whenever he does come, he must remain for only a brief time.

The 777 of heads, mountains, and kings are also mentioned as "coming up out of the sea" in Rev 13:1, 10 verses. The 666 beast is "coming up from the earth" in Rev 13:11 and the next 7 verses describe a beast a name and its number (666).

The "one" that is would be the United States with its Statue of Liberty crowned by seven points on her head standing "up out of the sea" in New York / New Jersey. The "other" which has not yet come would be the next global super-power or World Order which "must remain for only a brief time".

Number systems, like that mentioned in Rev 13:17 where people are not "allowed to buy or sell things" without a name and a number, are already in place.

The United States Social Security Act (Title 42) US Code Section 666 Article 13 requires the States to require people to have and produce social security numbers in order to receive business licenses, professional licenses, drivers licenses, marriage licenses, etc.

Social Security numbers are assigned by a computer system and used to identify individuals. The first 3 digits of the number is used to identify the physical location of the number holder. There is not much choice one has in being numbered as "all those who live on the earth will worship the beast" (Rev 18:8).

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I always believed America was the one with the wound.

im not sure if America is the babylon that is spoken about in the bible, maybe, maybe not. I really cant be sure to be honest.

I'll have to look in to it more.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
17:18 As for the woman you saw, she is the great city that has sovereignty over the kings of the earth.

Again, the woman and the great city are the same. New York has the Statue, it was wounded and New York is the Financial Heart of the World. All of the world has money go through New York.

18:2 He shouted with a powerful voice: "Fallen, fallen, is Babylon the great!"

Could this be what is happening now? More and more terrorist attacks helping to create the fall of Babylon?

14:8 A second angel followed the first, declaring: "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great city! She made all the nations drink of the wine of her immoral passion."

Immoral Passion? Is New York not one of the leading T.V. hubs in the world? T.V. has been argued to create the immoral values of the world.

18:7 As much as she exalted herself and lived in sensual luxury, to this extent give her torment and grief because she said to herself, 'I rule as queen and am no widow; I will never experience grief!'

New York has been seen as the "City that never sleeps", etc, etc, it's always shown as this place of great luxury where you can go and earn your fortune.

18:8 For this reason, she will experience her plagues in a single day: disease, mourning, and famine, and she will be burned down with fire.

Famine - After September the 11th there was a worry that the halt to transport would stop food getting in, panic buying began all over America and Europe.

Mouring: Twin Towers themselves caused this.

Disease: Anthrax?

Edit: 18:11 Then the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn for her because no one buys their cargo any longer- 18:12 cargo such as gold, silver, precious stones, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all sorts of things made of citron wood, all sorts of objects made of ivory, all sorts of things made of expensive wood, bronze, iron and marble, 18:13 cinnamon, spice, incense, perfumed ointment, frankincense, wine, olive oil and costly flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and four-wheeled carriages, slaves and human lives.

After Sep 11th, the Trade in the World Stopped for 7 days. (Since the stock market was down that long).

18:17 because in a single hour such great wealth has been destroyed! 18:19 And they threw dust on their heads and were shouting with weeping and mourning, "Woe, Woe, O great city- in which all those who had ships on the sea got rich from her wealth- because in a single hour she has been destroyed!"

Single Hour: Trade Centers went down in about an hour.
Dust: So much was kicked up after S/11th that it was claimed you could see it from space.

Revelation 9:11 "They have as king over them the angel of the abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon."

Rev 9:11 is a direct reference to an oil rich region of the world. Abaddon, a place like Gehenna (Iraq), the valley of the son of Hinnom where some of the Israelites sacrificed their children to Moloch, is regarded as a place of abomination and perpetual burning fires. Iraq is also home to the ancient city Babylon.

51:14 The Lord who rules over all has solemnly sworn, 'I will fill your land with enemy soldiers. They will swarm over it like locusts. They will raise up shouts of victory over it.'

A similar prophecy of destruction for Babylon can be found in the book of Daniel. The future Babylon is described as a place mixed with all different kinds of people who will be driven apart from each other after the statue, which is a symbol for the heart of Babylon, is broken in pieces. A stone not made by human hands (machine?), strikes the bright gold head of a massive statue.

2:17 Then Daniel went to his home and informed his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah of the matter, 2:18 and asked them to pray for mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that he and his friends would not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 2:19 Then in a night vision the mystery was revealed to Daniel.

Rev
51:23 I used you to smash shepherds and their flocks. I used you to smash farmers and their teams of oxen. I used you to smash governors and leaders."

That sounds like America to me.

51:24 "But I will repay Babylon and all who live in Babylonia for all the wicked things they did in Zion right before the eyes of you Judeans," says the Lord.

Zion = Israel? Which Nation funds Israel? Isreal that is not reckonised by Orthodox Jews.

Talmudic Tractate Kesuboth states: "the Decree of Exile for the Jewish People is so serious that even if the Jewish People were to terminate the Exile from the Holy land ONE DAY before the willing of G-D, the entire People would be in great danger by virtue of having violated the prohibition of ending the Exile"

Which basically means: The Jewish People should not have their own State till the "G-D". Which is the coming of the Messiah - which is of course when they'll inherit the Earth.
www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Could this be what is happening now? More and more terrorist attacks helping to create the fall of Babylon?

Im not sure, we'll have to wait and see to be honest.
We have to wait until futher attacks to see if "Babylon" does fall.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I need to post everything at once instead of editing it in, you reply to quickly. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
I need to post everything at once instead of editing it in, you reply to quickly. lol

lol sorry, i got my eye on this thread, its an interesting subject. Ill try to give you some time

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nah, I'm done for the moment. I need to focus on College for two weeks, then I'll be back.
I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
when you look into the depth on this topic, you start to see the signs that show that the bible is predicting an event that will control the world. We dont know if this event is a government or a religion, but something is going to control the world according to the bible, im just not sure what it is...thats all.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
when you look into the depth on this topic, you start to see the signs that show that the bible is predicting an event that will control the world. We dont know if this event is a government or a religion, but something is going to control the world according to the bible, im just not sure what it is...thats all.

Could it not be one in the same? For years Christianity ruled over Europe through the Kings and Queens.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Could it not be one in the same? For years Christianity ruled over Europe through the Kings and Queens.

A force based on religion? could well be, and as you said. Christianity ruled over Europe through Kings and Queens, it could happen again.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

A force based on religion? could well be, and as you said. Christianity ruled over Europe through Kings and Queens, it could happen again.

Well I've seen on a few sites that people claim all these Bloodlines are Royalty, even putting the British Royal Family in there, could make sense as to why they would want to do it. Get back to how things once were.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If it's a religion that will control the kings and queens I would think that religion would be catholicism because there are many catholics out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And all the quotes we are using are from Revelations, so yeah it probably would be the Catholics. Evil stinkin' Catholics! -shakes fist- (joke).

I'm going to start looking into this, heavily looking into it and I'll post a few things. Anyone think of Nations that hold near ties to all the ones listed above? (Britain, Germany, America, China and Russia.)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The "harlot" of Revelation is pretty much the RCC.
"Vicar of Christ"=Pope;vicar=substitute

Revelation 17:7, 9:
"And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."

"It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. It wounds Christ, robs Christ of His glory, puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread in the place of the Saviour....If we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls, though we loathe and detest their dogmas...."
-- C. H. Spurgeon

[edit on 2-6-2005 by TheApocalypse]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
One quick point of note, what if the "Ten Crowns" are the G-8?
The G-8 at the present moment is:
America, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, Italy, Germany, France and soon China is going to join and the E.U. has a reprosentative there, making 10 crowns of the world.

Just another though of it, since those 10 powers are the forces that control the world/the beast maybe? The body could then be the Army. If you think about it, China/Dragon will soon have one of the largest Forces ever see and would be able to lend the beast its strength if backed by those Nations with money.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

One quick point of note, what if the "Ten Crowns" are the G-8?
The G-8 at the present moment is:
America, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, Italy, Germany, France and soon China is going to join and the E.U. has a reprosentative there, making 10 crowns of the world.

There is a theory about this, mainly that the bible does predict the G8, cannot remember the site of the top of my head, but ill search around for it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join