It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Governor accepted George Soros money before refusing to allow National Guard on border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There's no "border" to defend. It's masturbation.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: xuenchen

Wait. We're defending the Oregon border against who, specifically? Calfornian's or Washingtonians? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like political masturbation to me.

Both California and Washington.

They scare us.

Idaho's pretty spooky also.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

There's no "border" to defend. It's masturbation.

Then just defend the border until you need glasses.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I can't see! I'm BLIND!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait. We're defending the Oregon border against who, specifically? Calfornian's or Washingtonians? Inquiring minds want to know.

They scare us.

Northern Idaho is pretty spooky in the mountains and north of Coeur d'Alene. I was stationed at Fairchild AFB we were told if we went those places to not have uniforms with you or on you and not to talk about working for the government.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Actually, it would. It would indicate she accepted money from his organization (which advocates for "open-borders") and translated that into marching orders for Oregon Guard. Our men and women in uniform are not pawns to be used in Soros' or anybody else's ventures.

Besides, her refusal is a bit moot consider POTUS can federalize the Guard if needed to uphold the law. I personally feel their current deployment is more for logistical support (as stated) since illegal crossings are at a low. However, POTUS should (and is) tread carefully in order to avoid politicizing our military as Gov. Brown is alleged to have done.

Once again, I am not saying she did in fact accept money. For all I know, it could be so-called "fake news" which is why I emphasized the importance of substantiating the claim via documentation such as financial records or receipts.

this it wouldn't compaire to all the things the GOP has done including Trump.

Such as? Accepting money to craft policies? Sure, certain GOP congressmen/women are likely guilty of this as well. The difference is that they (as individual members of congress, not representative of the entire party) don't have the authority vested in the commander of the Oregon Guard. Surely Gov. Brown realizes the serious commitment such a position entails.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Democratic way?
those voted in get lots of money from rich Business men!
who Expect perks when they get in.

Democracy = Corruption.
land of the free and Stupid!

when those vote'd in have their bank account and
All money transactions totally open to the public for Life.
then you may get Democracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Yes, and Democrats are indeed notorious for corruption, bribery and supporting special interests at the expense of their base constituency. However, we would be remiss to live in a bubble and pretend individual elected officials within our own party were not also guilty of the same.

Any corruption whatsoever is unacceptable, and represents a bastardization of our principles of government. Exploiting public trust and public office for personal gain is unacceptable, this is where a large degree of my animosity toward the Clinton's originates.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yeah, I dunno. According to your source's, source, Soros donated 25k (big whoop in campaign donations) but looking at her donations page for 25k, he ain't listed.

votesmart.org...

EMILYS LIST$25,000.00
JORDAN, WAYNE D$25,000.00
DELANEY, MARY QUINN$25,000.00
SIMONS, NATHANIEL HENRY (NAT)$25,000.00
DEVLIN, DEAN$25,000.00
STRYKER, PATRICIA A$25,000.00
ALLCARE MANAGEMENT SERVICES$25,000.00

Looks like At&T gave her 5k. Kinda interesting.

Your sources, source, source, says Register-Guard reported this but no such report exists.

I think you might be posting what is commonly known as Fake News.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Naughty ,
naughty

It seems the nasty sore ass
trail can no longer be hidden.

Send forth The Hunds!

Leave no stone unturned
beneath the lanterns light.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

"When the snow melts the bones come out" - North Idaho saying

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

her acceptance of bribes from a know government saboteur

What bribe? Getting a campaign donation is legal, you know that right?

And the biggest government saboteur is Trump, he's destroying the government more than any other person in history.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Said it before.... Soros and Cheney better live forever, because what's waiting for them when they die they will richly deserve...
Perhaps, those who would rather wait for an imaginary being to make things “right” are the reason why nothing is done in the here and now.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They scare us.

Dare I ask about Delaware?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

so by your " logic " $25k buys executive level descisions at state level ?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fake news

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

She can object all she wants. Once Trump Federalizes the troops, the Adjutant General in charge of the State forces, switches from being commanded by the Governor, to the Department of Defense. If that person refuses for whatever reason, they will find themselves arrested and replaced.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no teeth to this tiger ma'am, and, it shows just how uninformed you are about your national guard troops.

Fred..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so by your " logic " $25k buys executive level descisions at state level ?

Chubby Checker always said "Do The Twist" 🤓

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OMG

Second line

Jaws dropped

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: CB328

Actually, it would. It would indicate she accepted money from his organization (which advocates for "open-borders") and translated that into marching orders for Oregon Guard. Our men and women in uniform are not pawns to be used in Soros' or anybody else's ventures.

When you consider that Portland Oregon has declared itself a "sanctuary city", and contains in its metropolitan area half the state's residents, I really doubt the donation is what made up her mind.

this it wouldn't compaire to all the things the GOP has done including Trump.

Such as? Accepting money to craft policies? Sure, certain GOP congressmen/women are likely guilty of this as well. The difference is that they (as individual members of congress, not representative of the entire party) don't have the authority vested in the commander of the Oregon Guard. Surely Gov. Brown realizes the serious commitment such a position entails.

Craft what politics? She's the governor of a state whose largest city has declared itself to be opposed entirely to Trump's immigration policies.

Even if she personally had wanted to send them prior to the donation, her constituents would have gotten very angry if she did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join