It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Governor accepted George Soros money before refusing to allow National Guard on border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well now we get some disturbing news about the Governor of Oregon.

She is Kate Brown and apparently got a "donation" from political vermin George Soros.

The "donation" looks like it came in right before She decided to NOT cooperate with Trump about sending National Guard Troops to the Mexican Border !!

Coy.

Very suspiciously well "timed" I would say.

Lots of links tracing back the donation timeline to local reports.

Something about Soros owned voting machines in some states also !!

I wonder about California Governor Jerry Brown as well 😁

Something strange about the articles also 😉

Or egon Governor Kate Brown accepted George Soros money before refusing to allow National Guard on border

The Oregon RNC reported on Monday April 2nd, 2018, that the Oregon governor received a large donation from former Nazi collaborator and creepy billionaire George Soros – Willamette Week is reporting(link is external) that Governor Kate Brown has accepted “an unprecedented” campaign check from George Soros, a billionaire left-wing hedge-fund manager and campaign donor who resides in New York. This is Soros’ “first direct involvement” in Oregon.

“Kate Brown has consistently ignored problems facing everyday Oregonians and has instead used the office of Governor to make herself a national left-wing celebrity. Now, Brown is cashing in and taking big campaign donations from notorious leftist puppet master, billionaire George Soros,” stated Oregon Republican Chairman Bill Currier.

Once again another Democrat leader in the United States this time coming in Oregon's State Governor Kate Brown is bought and paid for by George Soros, and she took a Soros pay day from Soros Cash followed by a refusing of putting National Guard troops on the Oregon border with Canada to protect America from illegal aliens.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm even more surprised that we are so lax on letting political officials commit acts of treason and sedition. No accountability and no consequences.

If I were POTUS, there would a line of traitors waiting for the firing squad. Zero tolerance. Such a shame that people can do this and get away with it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Said it before.... Soros and Cheney better live forever, because what's waiting for them when they die they will richly deserve...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I'm an atheist so the sooner the better in my book.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Said it before.... Soros and Cheney better live forever, because what's waiting for them when they die they will richly deserve...

They be old I'll give you that...lol

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They should ban all contributions from people Like Soros. There are others like him and his organization on both sides, seems to me someone not in this country is influencing our policies and our elections. We need to stop this practice dead in it's tracks. I do not care if it is the government of England or one of it's main businessmen, there should be no money coming from any foreign company, person, or government into campaign funds.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
She should be removed from office, along with anyone else who takes money from lobbyists and foreign interests. Unfortunately nothing will happen, as she is just doing what all politicians in D.C. already do and no one cares. In fact, this is so prevalent that Soros, for example, openly posts some of the names he funds.

Here is a list of Democrats and Republicans who received money from him in 2016:
Soros Fund

Anything happen to any of them? Yeah, they got re-elected because people are dumb.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
She should be removed from office, along with anyone else who takes money from lobbyists and foreign interests. Unfortunately nothing will happen, as she is just doing what all politicians in D.C. already do and no one cares. In fact, this is so prevalent that Soros, for example, openly posts some of the names he funds.

Here is a list of Democrats and Republicans who received money from him in 2016:
Soros Fund

Anything happen to any of them? Yeah, they got re-elected because people are dumb.

To say the least, they can all be cheaply bought.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LMFAO!!!!! Puppetstring news????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Talk about puppets. This should be the name of the official white house page.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Am I the only one wondering why Oregon would be expected to send their National Guard to the Mexican border in the first place?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sources reporting sources reporting sources reporting a story that can’t be found at its alleged origination point; the Eugene Register-Guard, if some else can find the original report on Soros contribution at the Register-Guard I’d love to read it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am confused. Oregon doesn't border Canada and is far from Mexico. Why would she have any real say regarding National guard?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yawn. Her re-election campaign received $25k from Soros (she's got $3.5 million on hand) which happens to be exactly how much Donald Trump donated to Florida AG Pam Bondi in late 2013, a couple weeks before her office dropped its investigation of complaints from Floridians into the sham Trump University.

What seems more like quid pro quo?

I seriously doubt that Gov Brown's decision was influenced by what? A .7% increase in her re-election coffers. (which will end up being a significantly smaller percentage still by the election)

You guys are really going to be hurtin' when Soros finally keels over. It's gonna be hard to find a replacement boogeyman to compare given the amount of effort poured into Soros for years. And then when Clinton kicks, you might as well just shut down the GOP.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The guard can be activated by the fed if they can jump through the proper hoops, shouldn't cost the state anything if what I was told is true.

But I could easily have been fed bad info, I remember deploying with guard guys so it is doable now.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I didn't see it on the Register-Guard site but here's the short piece at Willamette Week citing it with no link or pub date.

I don't know how $25k is "unprecedented" but apparently Michael Bloomberg donated $250k (yea, 10x as much) to her campaign in 2016.
edit on 2018-4-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly

Those thinking caps are sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh my goodness. Oregon governor Kate Brown is in some deep doo-doo now!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

if a law has been broken then the report should have outlined which law it was and how it was broken.
instead the author of the article uses emotional trigger words like:

former Nazi collaborator and creepy billionaire George Soros

Kate Brown has accepted “an unprecedented” campaign check from George Soros, a billionaire left-wing hedge-fund manager and campaign donor

what was "unprecedented" about the campaign check? when was the check handed out? what policies were broken?

ignored problems facing everyday Oregonians and has instead used the office of Governor to make herself a national left-wing celebrity.

what problems have been ignored? who makes the claim she is a "left wing celebrity"?

the order likely came way of a bribe by George Soros followed by an order from Soros to not allow the National Guard to protect the border of Oregon along Canada.

Oregon does not border Canada

Governor Kate Brown is bought and paid for by George Soros,

what state issues has the governor voted on that supports this comment?

the whole thing is one big emotional hit piece. if a law was broken, then the author of the article would have most certainly cited it.

i personally don't care about a politician's party. i care that the laws of the land are being upheld. i care that our politicians use their office to help the people they represent. none of which is dependent on a person's political affiliation.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: eNumbra

I didn't see it on the Register-Guard site but here's the short piece at Willamette Week citing it with no link or pub date.

I don't know how $25k is "unprecedented" but apparently Michael Bloomberg donated $250k (yea, 10x as much) to her campaign in 2016.

yep, I saw all of those. Still no original unless it ran in print and nowhere else, which would be convenient.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
She wasn't asked to send troops would not be asked to send troops. The only reason we are discussing this is because she said she wouldn't send troops. This was to get publicity for her upcoming presidential run nothing more. As for soros donating so what I know people love to hate him but hrs allowed to spend his money any way he chooses.

And her declaration about what she would do if asked has nothing to do with donations and everything to do with her presidential campaign

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join