It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina triangle UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This looks impressive, it even appears to have a structure. But is it an alien craft or something more down to earth? To me, it looks like somethng earthly, but who knows?

What is being described as a huge UFO mothership was caught on film in North Carolina, according to the Charlotte Observer. An unnamed camerama caught the object hovering over rural fields close to Columbus, 85 miles west of Charlotte in Polk County, in the night sky. The black and white video was filmed on April 3 and runs nearly five minutes. The YouTube footage released by The UFO Institute shows a v-shaped craft lit by six hovering lights, accompanied by a humming sound and the voice of the cameraman pondering “what the heck those lights are.” "Whatever it is, it seems to be dropping," the cameraman says. Conspiracy theorists proffered the idea that the lights belong to a top-secret, experimental anti-gravity military vessel called the TR-3B, which could be based at the Fort Bragg or Pope Air Force bases. The craft has never officially been acknowledged.

www.denofgeek.com...
edit on 4/6/2018 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I find it very impressive how people go from 5 lights in the sky to a HUGE MOTHER SHIP ALIENS INVADING OUR PLANET OMG
edit on 6/4/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well there has to be some more info. The story doesn't mention much and really no facts other than it was kind of close to Columbus, NC and that this guy filmed whatever this is on a camera.

Not sure what the noise is at the beginning, wind or a highway? Looking at a map of the area is it kind of close to Charlotte.
Really need more info and I don't want to create a mufon account just to check the case #

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Could be anything from lights on a hillside to aircraft flying in formation toward the camera making it look like the 'UFO' is hovering. Video is all black with no reference points can't tell whether it's high in the sky or not. Who knows though I'm not expert

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Who knows though I'm not expert

You're as much of an expert as anybody.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Who knows though I'm not expert

You're as much of an expert as anybody.

Lol thanks ? My first thought was fighter aircraft flying in formation with a tanker, flying toward the camera

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

looking at a map of the area it is quite mountainous, there are a few google earth 360s on hilltop west of the town.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Very difficult to see how / if it moves.
Might just be a conventional air frame from an odd angle?

And, that's a bad cough !

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Unless the guy has his washing machine going in the background, surely the sound alone would indicate terrestrial aircraft? Just my 2 cents.

And I thought my cough was bad!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it's not birds.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nothing much to be gained by fiddling with the image:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hate when what is considered a large UFO is termed as a "Mother Ship"...it just brings even more ridicule to the subject. It's a relatively long video and nothing much happens, there is no point of reference, no apparent movement and we don't get to see any lights on the ground for comparison. They could be lights on a hillside, though you would have to hope that nobody is stupid enough to try and con Mufon with something like that.

Reading some of the comments under the video, I really do despair for the future of society in the age of social media. Mind you, I don't know why I am so surprised.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Unless the guy has his washing machine going in the background, surely the sound alone would indicate terrestrial aircraft? Just my 2 cents.

What terrestrial aircraft can stay static for that long?
I am going for lights on a hillside, myself.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

What terrestrial aircraft can stay static for that long?
I am going for lights on a hillside, myself.

An aircraft can seem to be static if it's flying toward you. I live on a flight path for arrivals into Heathrow and London city airport I've spotted bright white lights that seem to appear to not move. It's not until i pull Jonny flight radar app and see that the lights majority of the time are aircraft heading toward me.

As stated above I've going for a formation of aircraft taking turns at refuelling with a tanker

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Lights on a hillside is exactly my first thought on this, as soon as he zoomed out to show the moon you could see the hill in the background. Considering the lights remain static, it looks like an intersection for a road on a hill nearby.

Edit: I live on the southern approach to Charlotte Douglas, and yes on a clear night you can see them stacking up one behind the other. Columbus would not be able to see either approach or departure headed toward them as the flight paths generally run NW to SE of the west side of Charlotte. He's out past Forest City and Cliffside, and considering how far those are from the airport I doubt it's any sort of commercial aircraft he's seeing.
edit on 4/6/18 by Hypntick because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
He does say it appeared to be descending, but I can't tell that from the video. The moon doesn't really help with perspective and the object's size. What I found interesting was it almost appears to be a cockpit in the center of the triangle shape.

My first though is some kind of glider. Maybe it is moving and it's just not apparent in the video.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

My 2 cents:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou This craft looks like the Kumburgaz Turkey ufo?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Could well be. It's hard to tell anything from the video, but it does look like it has a simple, normal explanation

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dw865

Exactly what I was thinking.

top topics

join