It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza again.. ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The people there rioting and attacking the border are taking Israel not serious enough, is a problem I see.

The people there are demonstrating along the border, not attacking it. If they actually tried to penetrate thru the fence wire, troops with machine guns, tanks and attack aircraft, would slaughter them.

As is, coming out from behind their prison wall, crossing no mans land and even approaching the fence on foot, unarmed ,is enough to get shot.

The world is watching... sadly, the airstrikes, artillery rounds and tanks that are coming won't be televised...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: intrptr

Why is there a border inside Israel?

Probably because bus and restaurant bombings became to groups like the PLO what baseball was to Americans.

You mean shooting back against armies of occupation and conquest , after they invade, conquer and occupy your homeland?

Oh, I forgot.

That called selective memory.

Keep hoping that if you kill enough Israelis things will change for the better.
I'm not killing anyone. Palesti-- excuse me , "Gazans" are the ones dying , not the IDF.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Long ago I was considering an exciting career change and researched Border Patrol. I remember reading an article on some of the hazards and it referenced how illegals/criminals will sometimes throw rocks at agents for a myriad of reasons.

It went into a physics argument about how a properly thrown rock could hit the head/body at more oomph than a bullet. I say oomph because I don't remember which physics word they used (force, momentum, kinetic energy, etc)

That was years ago so the article is long gone, but I did locate a guy demonstrating this with spears and arrows and rifle rounds, etc... unfortunately, he never uses a rock. How Hard Does It Hit

My point is... just because it doesn't go BANG doesn't mean it ain't lethal.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It is all Israel IMO, The Palestinians wanted it all by whatever dirty means NOI. They did not sign when offered the boundaries so they should make the most of what they have in peace and they will find peace. A bucket of worms, it continues.

For Example..

It took three murderous battles in 1917 for the British Empire to conquer Gaza from the Turkish-German alliance. Once it was done the whole of Palestine fell in a matter of weeks to the British forces. The League of Nations Mandate over Palestine lasted from 1922 to 1948. The Gaza Ottoman province became a British district, with the local elite now co-opted by the colonial power. The main change occurred in the latter part of the British mandate, when the population of Gaza city doubled during WWII, since the Palestinian territory had become a hub for the Allied war effort.

www.redpepper.org.uk...

edit on 6 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Please don't I feel I always have the same conversation in Israel threats.
What do you do if someone yells d"eath to intrptr!" and cuts down witb weapons?
Yes weapons no matter how cute you think they are. But it's not really anyone's responsibility to hand them weapons just so it looks better on the news.
Where is all the money from help organisations going btw? Why is nothing of it reaching the population It seems?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The money is going to tye PLA leadership. they are making bank on palestinians stupidity.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
the Palestinians are quickly running out of what little support they have left after the recent Israeli/Egyptian/Saudi/gulf state alliance. Yemen is in shambles after a proxy war between Saudi and Iran,Oman supporters of Hamas is now facing Saudi scrutiny ,Egypt is allowing Israeli planes to bomb the Muslim brotherhood in the Sinai region ,and the gulf-states are doing what Saudi tells them to do.

Syria is still involved in a multi faction civil war with US and Russian involvement on their respective sides so cant really stand in opposition,Egypt is playing nice for a change and toeing the Saudi line,Jordan is having increased friendly relations with Israel there isnt a power left standing intact who wants to resist Israeli shenanigans least no one that shares a border with Israel, the Turks aren't fans but they are busy with the Kurd's at the moment. Russia does not care for the Palestinians and the Chinese dont seem to get involved and trump gives no care for the Palestinian plight.

Its a Sunni VS Shia war brewing and the Sunies have Israeli backing as odd as that seems with the apparent target being Saudi supremacy in the region as they prepare to build 15 nuclear reactors(with US and other help) with the intention of nuclear weapons being their goal and as a side effect less dependence on Oil for power. Egypt gets its inconvenient Muslim brotherhood problem solved by the Israelis while Saudis contain Hamas funding via Oman. Iran is their target as the new King to be of Saudi keeps cleaning house. hopefully this remains a mostly middle east issue vs drawing in the super powers any more then they are all ready involved

a few links some old (last year) and some more recent

www.bbc.com... Saudi Israeli alliance

www.cnn.com... another link on their new relationship

www.worldaffairsjournal.org... one last link on the alliance

www.theweek.co.uk... newer article talking about Saudi possibly being ready to recognize Israeli right to exist

www.timesofisrael.com...

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, in an interview published Monday, recognized Israel’s right to exist and extolled the prospect of future diplomatic relations between his kingdom and the Jewish state. In an extensive interview with The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg, Prince Mohammed laid out his vision for the future of the Middle East, including the possibility of cooperation with Israel. Asked whether he believes “the Jewish people have a right to a nation-state in at least part of their ancestral homeland,” he replied: “I believe that each people, anywhere, has a right to live in their peaceful nation. I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land.”

www.haaretz.com... this one covers Isreli actions in Egypt with their blessing

Unable to stop Islamist militants in restive Sinai region, Egypt allowed Israeli drones, helicopters and jets to attack Egyptian territory as part of what New York Times calls 'a covert war'

www.nytimes.com...

The jihadists in Egypt’s Northern Sinai had killed hundreds of soldiers and police officers, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, briefly seized a major town and begun setting up armed checkpoints to claim territory. In late 2015, they brought down a Russian passenger jet. Egypt appeared unable to stop them, so Israel, alarmed at the threat just over the border, took action. For more than two years, unmarked Israeli drones, helicopters and jets have carried out a covert air campaign, conducting more than 100 airstrikes inside Egypt, frequently more than once a week — and all with the approval of President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
so a traditional foe asking Israeli forces for assistance and getting it

www.omanobserver.om... It seems Oman is Preparing to "bend the Knee" so to speak and start toeing the saudi line against iran

www.reuters.com... this is where it gets relevent to OP the saudis are demanding a stop of funding to hamas

www.jpost.com... another link on that topic

en.wikipedia.org... on the current proxy conflict

www.middleeasteye.net... On sunni Vs Shia growing conflict

www.theatlantic.com... one of the only links i found implying this new alliance could be good for palestine in the long run

foreignpolicy.com... more relevent to OP how they are becoming a victim of the apparent new conflict

www.reuters.com...
www.al-monitor.com... one last link as alot of people seem to forget the nuclear power that is Pakistan has been guarding the Saudi royal family for a long time just like the Swiss guard the pope and an often over looked ally of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

think ive posted enough links and ranted long enough but the game in the middle east it changing and for the most it seems its not good for the Palestinians at the moment,and any further conflicts stoked between Palestine and Israeli forces would be best if left aside tell Iran is dealt with as then something may actually be accomplished in the decades long conflict

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The same authorities who distribute money to the families of suicide bombers instead of improving quality of life in autonomous zones...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Syria is still involved in a multi faction civil war with US and Russian involvement on their respective sides

Yes,but Donald wants to pull the US out, and leave Syria to Russia as a little 'perk'.

When he said 'leave it the rest of them" he meant that literally. Russia needs Syria, the U.S. doesn't.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

it is Russia's "pearl harbor" so to speak and one of their only warm water ports for ships to winter in,and i think they just built a new airbase. it would be a convenient way for us forces to leave the region before an Islamic civil war and hopefully keep us out of it which would be nice for a change.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Speaking strictly for myself...

Don't care. Wake me when it's over. Neither side, or however many there are, are on the side of the angels.

Absolutely nothing new here, it's been going on, in various forms since the days of Babylon.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

There is to much old hate over there. Too much indoctrination of the people from a young age. Resentments have been running wild for thousands of years. It won't end in my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Please don't I feel I always have the same conversation in Israel threats.
What do you do if someone yells d"eath to intrptr!" and cuts down witb weapons?
Yes weapons no matter how cute you think they are. But it's not really anyone's responsibility to hand them weapons just so it looks better on the news.
Where is all the money from help organisations going btw? Why is nothing of it reaching the population It seems?

The duplicitous MSM, UN and world order ignore the Palestinians. Nikki Haley holds up pictures of dead babies in Syria, but not Gaza... Never Gaza.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BEcause the PLO and palestinians were thrown out of every country they also lived in because they tried to overthrow each of those countries governments. They are nothing but traitors to their surrounding home countries. its why their home countries refuse to help them.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Gaza was sometimes in the 90s I think super hip. Things develop, it's nice to know the history but it looks to me by now they've become hard to like. Yelling "death to" Israel, US, Netanyahu,...burning whatever they can find, Trump posters, flags. Always angry, always falling for it when the anger for their misery gets directed at Israel and sometimes US. Just never adress the real issues you have, who is really your responsible minister or anything that would be constructive.
After all they are still freaking out about about the US embassy (?) moving to Jerusalem. There's nothing Israel could have done to avoid that, could they?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

BEcause the PLO and palestinians were thrown out of every country they also lived in because they tried to overthrow each of those countries governments. They are nothing but traitors to their surrounding home countries. its why their home countries refuse to help them.

LOL, you just described the history of the Jews before they invaded Palestine.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They are demonstrating in the strip of land between the Gaza prison wall and the fence that 'borders' no mans land. They are doing this , even getting shot, just for getting too close to the fence, to try and draw world attention to their oppressors.

Which, faithfully, said world attention will be focused on demonizing them, not their oppressors, as usual.

Suppose your house was surrounded by armed soldiers and you could be shot for getting too close to your property line.

Complaining much then?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

A demonstration organized by Hamas. Who should know the rules and still send young brainwashed guys they should take care of to get killed.
They're doing a great job at demonising themselves. Like the blonde palestinian girl. A hero amongst her people for hitting police.
Their oppressor? Hamas?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You're supposed to hiss that word, KKKKKKKK-amasss, to make them sound more evil. Blame anyone but the IDF for whats done to the Gazans.

Oldest bully trick in the book.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
These are the questions I so far asked in this thread, only response so far was deflection and blame.

More Gaza border trouble... wait, isn't Gaza in Israel? Whats Israel doing fighting with its own countrymen? Why is there a border inside Israel?

I dunno where you live, if your neighborhood was surrounded by hi walls with gun towers, you'd be alright with that.

You mean shooting back against armies of occupation and conquest , after they invade, conquer and occupy your homeland?

Suppose your house was surrounded by armed soldiers and you could be shot for getting too close to your property line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join