It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoopidtube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So Youtube always asking me to sign in to confirm my age. How nice. They're trying to protect a 30 year old manchild from video game reviews and such that might use the S word or the F word for comedic effect.

Oh, but this isn't censored or age restricted?

Come on, this is BS. I'd give a warning for lewd and adult lyrics but, youtube don't seem to mind. Approved for all audiences apparently.

Is it a white privilege thing? It's not age restricted if it's non-white cultural material?? Or is it a female empowering thing? It's not age-restricted because it's a video of a woman being proud and confident with her p***y??

I seriously am getting annoyed with their arbitrary rules and policies. Don't worry, I'm not Iranian or Vegan! Just annoyed with the hypocrisy. I had a channel in days of yore. I received one email warning about copyright infringement, but my account was banned and deleted before I even had time to remove the video(s) in question. Of course the material I was supposedly ripping off is rampant all over youtube. Why aren't they banned?

You suck, youtube.

edit on 6-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Was there an - are you a vegan- button?
edit on 5-4-2018 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Was there an - are you a vegan- button?

Hold on, got some knocking at my door..

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I dont know anything about said ( smirk ) once Netflix which i'm cutting back ( i cancelled )on what I pay for. Netflix was 7.99 a month. Youtube i also gave in and paid $10 per month. I'm still getting content i wished I would have blocked.

Youtube allows very very ummmmm... sexually explicit content, Animal cruelty, religious, barbaric,... etc etc. It's there. They never cleared off the things people actually complain about.

Heck.. you can watch Budd Dwyer blow his brains out still on YouTube.

ToyFA and I disagreed on YT censorship... after logan paul... I'm actually seeing what toysforadul was implying.

Edit:
Oh.. and there's no black and white on the matter anymore.
It's in 4K
edit on 5-4-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hmm, that's odd. I've never been asked to confirm my age when watching anything.

You say video game reviews? Very odd given that just about every rap video out there is rife with f-bombs and other lovely lyrics.

I'm guessing this is more of the 'think of the children' rhetoric. Video game = children watching. You know, it's not like children listen to rap or anything... right? /sarcasm

Sophia Grace singing Niki Minaj

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Still no age restriction for Bill Nye's Sex Junk.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Still no age restriction for Bill Nye's Sex Junk.

I am 50 years old and I wish I was age restricted from that sick crap.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What the hell?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

One of their main boys recently spoke about the advertising they have. What he said was they're going to increase the adverts to drive people to the paid version. It caused a fuss and he reworded it to say something quite different. I'm favouring his first version.

I already watch it using AdBlock because the ads make an interview unlistenable. There's a free app that downloads videos in seconds so I've been DLing the good ones before they push ads every 90 seconds. Imagine some great guitar solo being interrupted by grammarly adverts?

Age restrictions and sign-ins could be the least of our YT problems if it's saturated with adverts. The advertisers always get a say on content. It means a LOT of changes are a-coming.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have a whole new respect for Bill Nye................. and that would be................... none.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Oh come on. You and I both know the "Sign into Google" thing is just more "Please help us datamine" prompts. It's nothing to do with age protection.

They don't generate any revenue that way?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Of course it is. There's a lot of sick violence on YT and they aren't deleting it.

I'll stop watching YT if that guy's plans come true. It's already unwatchable/unlistenable through the android YT app and on iPads with Safari. Brits have a slightly lower pain threshold for commercials because we're raised on fewer ads per hour on TV.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I learned about the commercial creep watching Star Trek on home video.

Original Series episode about 55 minutes.

Next Generation episode about 42 minutes.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

...and 18 minutes for 'half hour' comedy shows. Horrible adverts.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The sign in to confirm your age is a real turn off.
It's happened to me a few times for videos that shouldn't need an age verification at all and I refuse to do it.
Instead, my method is to go to DuckDuckGo and search for the same title under 'videos' and watch it from there, without a log in and best of all, without ads. FTW!
Try that next time.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hammaraxx
The sign in to confirm your age is a real turn off.
It's happened to me a few times for videos that shouldn't need an age verification at all and I refuse to do it.

Exactly. It seems so random! When I do sign in I usually am left wondering why it was even age restricted.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

ranting back... YAAAHHH

(Stealth) Censorship has been going on for years. Their 'rules' and 'policies' aren't random. There is a reason behind all this 'madness'. And this reason is it to create a society that is completely controllable. They are doing this by destroying individuality.

Individuality is base on race / gender /family. Take away these factors and the ego fails. Youtube is actively promoting content that screws up normal human interactions. They are using 'weak' and easy controllable groups to do this they lure them by telling them they are discriminated against. This creates division in society and makes constructive dialog about these problems (racism/genderism etc) impossible. Further information can be found in googles Jigsaw project. Basically they use the same mechanics as described in Richard Dawkins theory about memetics.
Furthermore and AI is used to classify profile people.

?

If people fall within a certain clasification suggested content is displayed that will alter their behaviour in a desired way. Many channels are made be users that believe in their content. But I think that some of these channels are directly by YT paid actors. These channels get promoted even more. These channels can say anything without being censored. Bluntly said these channels are created to bind 'users' to certain context.

?
As an baseline FLatearth and Mandela effect memes were created a couple years ago. In someway military might be involved?? I am not sure. The idea behind it was to test how drastically the world view could be changed just by YT information. Also it gives in my opinion the possibility to identify controllable groups. and creates the idea that CT'ers are uneducated therefore indirectly keeping the populus from questioning the narrative.

Youtube is part of the ABC company. The people behind this company want to reeducate society. And create a society that is controlled by the 'push of a button?' As said YT is only one tool. Keywords in the theory that's used are memetics , richard dawkins google jigsaw , mimicry.

People shooting at YT ? Censorship ? Well it's only the tip of the iceberg. Building your bussiness on a YT platform (any platform) is dangerous. YT doesn't give a # about it's users. I hope that by now people are see that YT is very dangerous for society. MSM will spin this of as a single mad woman , and making a gun issue out of it.

Loosing my channel I've learned the hard way that YT can get effed by an elephant...

Social media manipulation

edit on 462018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Maybe it's a case of "Is this guy really a kid? We better verify his age. He might be some 30 year old, and we should take note of that!"

Youtube has gone to the dogs. It was only ever a place for bollocks anyway, they tried to make it a serious medium for people, and now they stiff them of their enforced monetisation, and give them peanuts when they were once making a steady income. I wonder how all the people who gave up their day jobs to concentrate on their youtube fame, are faring now.

Facebook is going the same way, on it's way out. Google has long since let it be known they will do evil.

Ironically, facebook have stopped embedding youtube videos in op threads, now it links to youtube, because they want you to use their video upload feature. So you can't share youtube videos inside facebook any more. You can try, by downloading it and uploading it, but then you're hit with copyright strikes, and the video is muted.

They're eating each other alive, while trying to bleed us dry. Let them be turned to pillars of salt.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I never sign in except the 1St time, bookmark that page, link on homepage.... and I never sign in again for age...

It's the same here.. I stay logged in. No page load waiting, verification, etc. Clink link and I'm in and on: never waiting.

To add? Im signed into almost all my everyday sites... About 15(?).

edit on 6-4-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

"Good Boy!"

(you're providing them all the data they need...well, some of it anyway).

So here's a little test for you...

Go buy something on Amazon (anything, doesn't matter). Then hop on over to YT and watch...the next advertisement which shows up in some video will be an ad for the very thing you just bought (or something very similar). How do you suppose they do that? Now log out of YT, and do the same thing.

Here's another little ditty; the next credit card advertisement you see will be for the same type of credit card you used on your last purchase (i.e. MC, Visa, AmEx, etc.)...but...but...your 'checkout' page was "secure", right???? No data was shared off of that page...right? Right?

Ahem...we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join