It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, my brother just informed me he's a Freemason...should I be concerned?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I would have fixed the link for you with your agreement via PM, but I lack the mojo in this forum to do that. Thanks for re-posting the link in correct format.

I figured you'd be totally ok with what I wrote. My friend who invited me to join was likewise. It never, ever affected our friendship over the following years. He asked, I politely declined, and that was the end of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoseaintcontrails
No. That is not correct:

www.msana.com...

a reply to: toysforadults
I hope you're being facetious.

a reply to: Itisnowagain
If only that were true.

I think you're missing his sarcasm.

a reply to: Violater1
You don't speak for "normal people." You speak for yourself.

UGLE = United Grand Lodge of England.

a reply to: one4all
If you wish to learn the secrets of Freemasonry, petition to join a Lodge.

The internet has potential to allow self-motivated people to learn, but you also see an echo chamber effect with the internet.

Just because you can find it on Google doesn't mean it is accurate.

EtymologyOnline is a good source for future references: www.etymonline.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

What did you do to your original? After podding him did you compost him for your roses?.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
(original directed to AugustusMasonicus)
Not only do you exemplify the reason why moral decay in America is plummeting. You personify, and invigorate the ill will, that normal people have toward freakmasons.

Hang on - I'm confused. Was that a compliment or a wicked sick burn?

AM, "exemplifies" why moral decay in the US is 'plummeting'. As in, AM is a perfect example of why the "decay" (ie: going from good to bad) of morality is reducing? Meaning, AM is responsible for 'bettering' morality? That's good.

But then goes on to say AM only perpetuates peoples' ill will to our Illuminaughty ways. That's not so good.

...Where's the final good bit?

If that was a sh*t sandwich, I think Violater1 is missing part of the bread.... O_o
edit on 9-4-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
AM, "exemplifies" why moral decay in the US is 'plummeting'. As in, AM is a perfect example of why the "decay" (ie: going from good to bad) of morality is reducing? Meaning, AM is responsible for 'bettering' morality? That's good.

Imagine that, me lowering the moral decay level.

But then goes on to say AM only perpetuates peoples' ill will to our Illuminaughty ways. That's not so good.

Oh, I don't know, a little Illuminati action never hurt anyone.

If that was a sh*t sandwich, I think Violater1 is missing part of the bread.... O_o

I think I can guess where all the bread is going.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoseaintcontrails

Why not just say belief in a god is a requirement instead of supreme being?

Aphrodite was a God, but not a Supreme Being.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
What do they do with all the bollocks they collect in the initiation? As we all know you give up one bollocks when you get a funny hat.
So what do they do with them? My mate reckons they go in red bull but I'm not sure.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Juggle them like circus clowns.

Heh. There were a two members of my lodge who had Polyorchidism, and a brother who liked carving walking sticks. So he made them three ball canes…

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
No. That is not correct:

www.msana.com...

a reply to: toysforadults
I hope you're being facetious.

If only that were true.

I think you're missing his sarcasm.

a reply to: Violater1
You don't speak for "normal people." You speak for yourself.

UGLE = United Grand Lodge of England.

a reply to: one4all
If you wish to learn the secrets of Freemasonry, petition to join a Lodge.

The internet has potential to allow self-motivated people to learn, but you also see an echo chamber effect with the internet.

Just because you can find it on Google doesn't mean it is accurate.

EtymologyOnline is a good source for future references: www.etymonline.com...

Time is not willing....freelancers sometimes discover multiple secrets kept by multiple groups and then come to conclusions held by even more secret groups these ones arent even versed with.....if you wish to travel far travel with others if you wish to travel fast travel alone.

If you develop a methodology then you may find that answers keep finding you....leading you...the questions which once led you no longer hold weight....answers begin to pattern themselves in a natural pattern or patterns and once you tune in or dial in to how and what got you to this point everything become more of an experience akin to drinking deeply from the coolest freshest purest water on Earth.....quenching youself to ones limits of willpower......once you feel the tug of opposition you need to stop drinking and you must allow yourself to become thirsty again.

Groups help accomodate MEASURED learning...which is another way of saying MANAGED MACHINED learning.....the LEAPS in understanding are TEMPERED IN A TACTICAL MANNER...this is called CONTROL....and there can be NO CONTROLS in a free-learning environment. I understand WHY these groups enact measured learning....they dont wish to LOSE their members...by lose I mean have them lose themselves and their self-inflection and self-control mechanisms.

Knowledge once released is power and power is dangerous if put into the wrong uninitiated hands.However this fact does not detract from the simplicity of natural ascension......TRUST in the PROCESS is LACKING within these groups and they have abandoned the NATURAL ASCENDANCY which is required to establish leadership and direction.....controlling and measuring release of knowledge in to constipated a manner ends up detracting from the PURPOSE.

The universe is built upon simple patterns.....everything is catalysed within the template of these patterns....learning how to identify these patterns is no different than learning how to read currents on a flowing river....once the interconnectivity is recognised the ability to learn is FREED from he bondage of lies and misdirections.

But what good is learning if one cannot HELP others.....hence the Groups we see formed....they are doing 3 things ...preserving and hiding the old methods of learning.... and monopolising the impacts gleaned from the rewards this type of learning provides to those so willing to accept the burden of sufferage connected to LOVING PEOPLE.

However...the question as to who has the right to administer and control the release of knowledge.....remains...it is my opinion that NO ONE GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL has this right.Let the runners run let the walkers walk and let the talkers talk.

Nature will decide who is equipped to bring forth her wishes...not MEN AND WOMEN.....the arrangements we have seen in the past and those we see today are designed to remove this decision making from NATURE and give it to people.....this happens because of FEAR....FEAR has been used within the mix which has been used to cast these groups.
edit on 11-4-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshNorton
Heh. There were a two members of my lodge who had Polyorchidism, and a brother who liked carving walking sticks. So he made them three ball canes…

My man, good to see you back on.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
No. Lillies.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mytquin

You May Be Alarmed To Know That That Now He Is Raised...
He Will Be Looking Forward To Reuniting With You In Hopes That You Too May Have The Light Of Experience. Together You Can Share In The Life.....

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No. Well unless you don't want him to make life long friends.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshNorton

LMAO

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
93, 93/93

I made an account just to reply here.
G does not stand for God.
G stands for Geometry,
Generated by Gnosis.

6nosis 6enerates 6eometry

Sincerely,
FRATER PANARKA

P.S. - OP: Masonry is just another vocational choice. Some men care about theater, some men about drinking, and other men are looking for the Holy Grail..
edit on 7-6-2018 by Hiturunk because: Hmm

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hiturunk

Oh, puh-leez!

You don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
No! Just hope he makes enough connections to get you initiated into the true secrect doctrines! And maybe even gets your into the elite, no more work!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Be proud and happy for him.

Also...don't ever leave him alone with your kids or your pets.
Lol

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hiturunk
The G stands for God as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The G Stands For "GURGITATION"...

And Its Not Pretty...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

My grandfather was some higher level mason - have his sword, ring and other stuff tied to them. Not sure exactly what his role was as he died before I was born and has been gone for a long time now.

My father never joined but I did a little digging and it appeared I could with my paternal grandfathers blood line and that’s I can check many other boxes. That said, I just can’t do it. Fraternal orders are fine for some, but others are just too GDI. Nothing against it - maybe I’ll come around to it someday. Just not wired for it at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join