It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, my brother just informed me he's a Freemason...should I be concerned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My brother just posted a picture on FB of his certification card and his Master Mason medal/medallion.
We're not that close and have only communicated through Facebook in recent years.
I had no idea he was even a member.
However, with all the negative rumors going around with the Freemasons and Illuminati, I'm a little concerned.
My question is...is my concern misplaced or is there legitimate reasons for me to be worried for him?
Of course I don't believe everything I read but this IS a "conspiracy" site and I figured...or at least hoped I could get some light/truth shed on this subject.
edit on Apr18CDTQ000000034 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mytquin

The only concern you have now is sucking up to dear brother to get your own membership. I keep pestering Augustus in PM--maybe it'll pay off someday

edit on 5-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Find the true savior. You, I, or he are not the one... Use your brain and senses.
edit on 5/4/18 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Concerned ?.... You should be proud !! Be proud of his accomplishments , and be happy for him ..... if your worried about the stigma that goes along with it ..., Don't be ... He has a very long way to go before any of that .

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

However, with all the negative rumors going around with the Freemasons and Illuminati, I'm a little concerned.

Exclusive mens club steeped in tradition, ritual and symbolism. Its a club like any other.

Meh...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Or, be Proud !!

😎

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So, my brother just informed me he's a Freemason...should I be concerned?

No! Not in a bad way , anyhoo
I grew up with all my friend's Dads being Freemasons. (who were mostly Deacons and Pastors in Churches)
Turned out very well.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

"He has a very long way to go before any of that."

That's the part that concerns me. I mean, if he commits himself wholeheartedly to this organization for years and years only to find out that in the upper echelon he has to take part in some kind of crazy/illegal initiation/sacrifice...

I do know my brother well enough to know that he would never go along with that and it would be an utter lie that he has lived for all those years.

I don't know...

edit on Apr18CDTQ000000574 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
a reply to: Meldionne1

"He has a very long way to go before any of that."

That's the part that concerns me. I mean, if he commits himself wholeheartedly to this organization for years and years only to find out that in the upper echelon he has to take part in some kind of crazy/illegal initiation/sacrifice...

I do know my brother well enough to know that he would never go along with that and it would be an utter lie that he has lived for all those years.

I don't know...

Ahhh , the ignorance one can learn online....
Amazing

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Be proud and happy for him.

Also...don't ever leave him alone with your kids or your pets.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You shall become one and be ATS Mole

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You better book a Catholic priest stat!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You: I am worried about brother being allowed into this club that requires some pretty high quality expectations

Him: I am worried about brother spending time in conspiracy forums believing in all sorts of crazy stuff about illuminati, reptilians, moon men, space nazis, flat earth, etc.

Who has the more valid concern?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
join too

CX

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I found out a while back that my uncle had been a mason for years. He has always been the nicest guy you could wish to meet, would help anyone and was always raising money for charities.

Glad to say none of that has changed. I'd be pleased your brother has found something he enjoys, I guess it's not for everyone but he's happy.

CX.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

If I were you I would search for your real brother before it is too late.
The Masons as we all know are pod people and If you are lucky the real brother will be in a shed or something being melted away but there may be still time.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
there is nothing wrong with masonic beliefs
but every little boys club has a few #heads

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Some more advice do not confront your brother or he will go all screamy like this.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You better leave town ASAP, brother! They always sacrifice a family member of someone who joins. Some kinda ritual involving Hiram Labeouf disemboweling the victim with a hammer and sickle. Kinda messed up, but what can you really expect from a bunch of sociopaths hellbent on global domination.

Yeah I'd GTFO Dodge for a few days.

Oh and uh, yeah. Warn your peeps. Nasty stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

The only concern you have now is sucking up to dear brother to get your own membership. I keep pestering Augustus in PM--maybe it'll pay off someday

Yeah, my dad was a mason. Had a real nice gold ring with diamonds in the shape of a compass with a G in the middle.

Never asked me to join or brought me in, however it works. See?

I wonder what happened to that ring?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join