It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive device detonates at Sam's Club in Ontario, California, police say; 1 detained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just in, explosive device detonates at Sam's Club in Ontario California. Appears one person detained... luckily nobody was hurt or killed.

abc7.com...;-1-detained/3306422/

abc7.com/explosive-device-detonates-at-sams-club-in-ontario;-1-detained/3306422/

ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A small explosive device was detonated Thursday afternoon at a Sam's Club store in Ontario, prompting a massive response from officers and firefighters, the Ontario Police Department said.

A police spokesperson said the incident was initially reported at 2:08 p.m. as a structure fire after the caller heard a "popping sound" in the area of Milliken Avenue and Concours Street.

Authorities later confirmed that a device was detonated, but there were no reports of injuries or significant damage. Evacuated employees stood in the taped-off parking lot as the investigation got underway.7/exnews]
edit on 5-4-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ah.. thats how they call the fire crackers these days..?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Police bomb squad personnel searched the white car that was stopped in a traffic lane near the intersection of Airport Drive and Etiwanda Avenue. Two plates with different license numbers were on the ground near the vehicle.

A second device, possibly an explosive one, was found inside the vehicle, authorities said.

The motive for the incident was unknown.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow way to cause fear from firecrackers. What on earth do the police do on 4th of July, it must be hell.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm sitting a mile away from there. We saw a SWAT vehicle heading across the interstate, lights and sirens going not that long ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Glad there are no reported injuries

No - don't tell me the off-duty restaurant staff watched the YT video about the dry-ice in a jar thingy??

Please tell me this was not the case - I'm making this assumption because California is extremely low-information when it comes to the street smarts and the 'don't touch, it will burn/bite/shock' mentality

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The suspect was identified as Hugo Gonzalez, a Fontana resident who authorities believe acted alone

No big deal, just some depressed dreamer. Probably thought Trump owns Sam’s club. Ummm when are we going to protect our borders!?!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Re: twitter.com...

Hugo Gonzalez could have done this to increase awareness of illegal immigrant danger.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

No big deal, just some depressed dreamer.

"I have a dream!

I have a dream of the day when little black boys and girls and little white boys and girls can be blown up, not because of the color of their skin, but because of the President enforcing laws.

I have a dream!
"

How did we ever stray so far?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why is it that these loonies, acting alone, would do such a low impact terrorist act on someplace like Sam's Club? When will they get organized and do some real damage to the people who are actually responsible for whatever wrongs were done to them?

They're ineffective idiots being copycats IMO. What use are they to whatever cause they stand for? Senseless attempts that only get them in jail, killed or prompt them to commit suicide after they do their terrorist acts. It only gets people to react more harshly to their cause of choice and dismiss any relevance it may of had before they do this crap.

Idiotic fools that have no real purpose but to get a few minutes on the news and some chatter on social media.

join