It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Sent "Top Secret" Doctor To Hospitals For Patient Data Collection Scheme

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Our favorite spy agency... I mean social media company really wants to be the leader in information. It appears they were scheming to get your medical data and prescription data to match with all the other information they have on you.

Yeah, I really want Facebook to have all this data to sell to my insurance company! Worse yet, sell to my damned employer!

Video at the CNBC site.

www.zerohedge.com...

Facebook sent a cardiologist to several major U.S. hospitals to pitch a scheme that would combine a patient's medical file with user data collected by the beleaguered social media giant, in order to "figure out which patients might need special care or treatment," reports CNBC.

Facebook's pitch, according to two people who heard it and one who is familiar with the project, was to combine what a health system knows about its patients (such as: person has heart disease, is age 50, takes 2 medications and made 3 trips to the hospital this year) with what Facebook knows (such as: user is age 50, married with 3 kids, English isn't a primary language, actively engages with the community by sending a lot of messages). -CNBC

www.cnbc.com...

Facebook has asked several major U.S. hospitals to share anonymized data about their patients, such as illnesses and prescription info, for a proposed research project. Facebook was intending to match it up with user data it had collected, and help the hospitals figure out which patients might need special care or treatment.

The proposal never went past the planning phases and has been put on pause after the Cambridge Analytica data leak scandal raised public concerns over how Facebook and others collect and use detailed information about Facebook users.

edit on 5-4-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

yep so all zuckerturds apologies are nothing but bs hot air

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I just saw this and was considering making a thread....you beat me to it!

Seems like they tried, but failed bc of the Cambridge Analytica scandal. They got exposed then said "Abort Abort!!"

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think this will just another of many FB exposures.
Stay Tuned.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If proven true, this is WAY over the top! Mark Zuckerberg is power and money hungry beyond belief. Zuckerberg needs to go ASAP. He said this morning that it will take 3-4 years to fix Facebook. Why so long?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If proven true, this is WAY over the top! Mark Zuckerberg is power and money hungry beyond belief. Zuckerberg needs to go ASAP. He said this morning that it will take 3-4 years to fix Facebook. Why so long?

He needs his stock options to vest.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I bet zuckerturd is the fake face for facebook.

Google is looking the same way.

It's probably a wild rabbit hole where known psycho drugs are prescribed, then firearms rights are taken.
Notice all the mental health emphasis on these questionable shootings.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He doesn't have that much time, on May 25 the new general regulation for data protection in the EU will start being applied, with fines that can go up 4% of the world wide sales of the company considered responsible of serious breach of the regulation.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If proven true any of those doctors that considered this should have their license removed

Clear violation of HEPA..... You got to be kidding me

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Weird wrong thread.
edit on 5-4-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

absolutely, hut its hipaa, hepa is a damn fine 5 micron allergy filter

edit on 5-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: i cant spell either

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Lol ya beat me to it

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The real problem is not Facebook unfortunately. ePHI breached with Protected Personal Information (PPI) could be really bad for Facebook but the information could be broken up in ways and then reconstructed, such as is the case with Acxiom. If you knew what data these guys were compiling your minds would explode.

Do your own Google searches on these guys. I'll link one article but this has been going on since AOL dialup.

www.itwo... rld.com/article/2710610/it-management/acxiom-exposed--a-peek-inside-one-of-the-world-s-largest-data-brokers.html

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
HIPAA (for individuals)

Mark's hubris is on full display.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
Good for sharing. Sickening huh, HIPPA doesn't protect from these brokers. Likely the masses on average don't know, but might now if paying attention.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I read your post, and all I saw was:

"Facebook attempts to violate Federal Law and personal medical data protected on a national level by HIPPA laws, in an attempt to further the march towards 1984...... Gets put on hold for current private information scandals from two administrations."

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I got out of Facebook when they said they where going to use facial recognition. I sent a message to my important contacts with email address, physical address, phone numbers, ect. I unfriended everyone, untagged every photo, deleted everything in my history, and then used FUD (f'ed up data) in my profile before getting out.

A friend of mine just recently tried to convince me that the only way to do business with his startup was to use Facebook. He was very convincing while showing me how easy it was to get the word out on FB. I considered it with my own, believing that I needed a business page on FB. Thank goodness I came to my senses. I'd rather fail than have to register my real identity in FB to become successful. Still, they have a bunch on me while I was there and they pretty much have everything already regardless. But I just can't bring myself to go back. I'll figure out something, even if it is just business cards and word of mouth. Even with that, people may post about me anyhow.
edit on 6-4-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Exactly why I do not have a FB account.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Companies & organizations do this all of the time. People just be hating on Facebook. Probs the same peeps who payed to watch jackass, scars, & other dumb show but say snorting condoms or taking tide pods is any more stupid. Lol people nowadays I tell ya
edit on 6-4-2018 by SatansPride because: Peeps

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If anyone thinks Facebook is there so the users will benefit from it, they are delusional. They make their money by targeting ads and supplying information to groups that will pay for the service. They started it to make money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join