It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mushrooms a highly evolved extraterrestrial species? Organic internet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Mushrooms could be a highly evolved extraterrestrial species invading earth. We don't know what an alien would look like if we saw one. Mushrooms are perfectly adapted for space travel and they have the capability to adapt to harsh environments. Did you know that they the largest living organism is a 2200 acres mushroom network in Oregon? Mushrooms create an underground network that resembles the neural network in our brains.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes...

yes they are.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Intrepidmind

All I know is many of them are pretty damn tasty and it wouldn't bother me at all to learn that I'm eating extraterrestrials.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Just because they're fun guys means they must be from out of town, eh?

I don't believe mushrooms are ETs mainly because they serve a direct purpose on Earth to a degree which their Earthly evolution makes a world of sense. Earth would be under a mountain of slowly rotting vegetation without fungus. Fungus makes quick decay a reality.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I picked some morels in my front yard this morning.
I will be eating then with dinner tonight.

Just trying to do my part to stop the horde!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

When I was a kid, a mushroom killed a friend of my mother.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I always hated mushrooms.
edit on 5-4-2018 by WakkaFlaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I for one welcome our new mycological Overlords. Maybe the population would see the light. Or colours.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yeah, I have heard that before... That mushroom spores have been shown to be capable of surviving the conditions of outer space.

... I don't know if their extraterrestrials, but it is an interesting fact, none the less.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If they are.... I pity them. Because I have them as snacks with Chunky Blue Cheese dressing all the time..

The video does raise questions as to what life is.... sentient or not, or apparent sentient to our measurements ?
edit on 5-4-2018 by Plotus because: too

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
if they are id like them to know i only eat the speshal ones

ironically most people consider them a vegtiable they are not

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not quite - mushrooms, certain types, are the aliens' smartphones. When you gather some and add the power cable (particular tree roots, insects, flowers) and then absorb it into your body - you will meet them.

Sharman, witch doctors, Pharaohs, humans that have been there - they all know exactly what I'm talking about.

You should read a book called "The Stargate Conspiracy" - it'll trip you.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Good interview(Rogan podacst) with Paul Stamets, a leading mycologist and author and some of the info is mind blowing.
One of my favorite interviews for sure and worth a listen!
Subject Matter:

- Various facts about Mycelium - 1 Metre of tree root has 1 Kilometres of mycelium connected to it.
- How an experiment on slime mold helped make japan's subways more efficient (really cool!)
- Various psilocybin discussions
- Paul tells a story of how he believes he cured his stuttering problem
- Neuropathy/Neurogenesis discussions
- How mycelium via penicillin helped in WW2
- Bees, Colony Collapse Disorder: from 2016-2017 many US states experienced 50-80% loss of bees/hives. He warns in less than 10 years that it could be 100%.
- His hypothesis about CCD solutions involve mycelium, especially those found in trees.
- Lucid Dreams - An argument to save old growth forests because it's a matter of national defense
- A story about his troubles with a patent he had filed (Black Hawk Helicopters ending up surrounding his lab)
- Paul's gourmet, which he also considers medicinal, mushroom favourites: Shiitake, Reishi, Maitake, Lion's Mane, Chaga and Turkey Tail.
- All mushrooms need to be cooked, portebello need especially higher heat because of Hydrazines
- A study about enoki mushrooms reducing cancer rates in Japan - Cordyceps fungi discussion
- Multiverse/Lucid dream experience Paul had - A story about how he and his brother found a new type of psilocybin (found in a park where there was a flush of 1000's of them)

A little excerpt on fungal intelligence:

A recent discovery of a mushroom 115 million years old. Alien? Sure, maybe the spores hitched a ride on meteorite?
Thoery

Modern day scientists say that mushrooms are more closely related to animals than plants, the primary reasons being they “breathe” oxygen and “exhale” carbon dioxide like humans, rather than the reverse in the plant world. And mushrooms contain no chlorophyll. The late ethnobotanist Terence McKenna suggested that mushrooms are responsible for human intelligence as we know it. His theory hypothesized that mushroom spores possess all of the necessary requirements to travel on space currents. Furthermore, they could have settled in the brain matter of primitive humanoids and, following the lines of modern day hallucinogenic mushrooms, directly contributed to our modern day intelligence and self awareness. McKenna went on to theorize that mushrooms are the reason there is human life on earth. While this may seem like material from a science fiction novel, there is no avoiding the fact that mushrooms possess many traits that are unique to their kingdom alone. Fungi build cell walls out of chitin, the same material that makes up the hard outer shells of insects and other arthropods. These cell walls contain similar chemicals found in butterfly and beetle wings, as well as the plumage of some colorful birds, such as peacocks. Living spores have been found and collected in every level of earth’s atmosphere. Mushroom spores are electron-dense and can survive in the vacuum of space. Additionally, their outer layer is actually metallic and of a purple hue, which naturally allows the spore to deflect ultraviolet light. And as if all this wasn’t unique enough, the outer shell of the spore is the hardest organic compound to exist in nature. Who knows, maybe I’ll look to the stars the next time I enjoy a fresh, sautéed Crimini mushroom with a glass of Nebbiolo in hopes of seeing a mushroom-shaped constellation.

Fascinating!!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
In it for the long haul.

Now if someone could just make some sort of Star Drive with those creepy little aliens. (New star Trek reference for those that haven't seen it)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So can Tardigrades
edit on 5-4-2018 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Not quite - mushrooms, certain types, are the aliens' smartphones. When you gather some and add the power cable (particular tree roots, insects, flowers) and then absorb it into your body - you will meet them.

Sharman, witch doctors, Pharaohs, humans that have been there - they all know exactly what I'm talking about.

You should read a book called "The Stargate Conspiracy" - it'll trip you.

Been there. About 20 years ago in india. I still believe I actually fled. Proper controled flight. Like superman. Didnt do it again as a mate went bongers and killed him self.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Tilo, is that you?? lol

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Every winter I do it, here in South Oz. Nothing like being one with nature.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't think they are an extraterrestrial species. I think they are just a biological function of the organism that is Mother Earth. Her nervous systems. And some some of those nervous systems allow us to connect into them and see and experience a thinning of the veil and a sample of 4th density.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Not only those guys but kids that grew up in the late 80s/early 90s knew what they were talking about when Hightimes magazine gave us directions to the South Carolina cattle farm by Santee Lake that had tons of cattle egrets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join