It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Colored people' remark prompts DNC member's departure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People say stupid things every day.

I know I do.

Has our society sunken so low that we now fire people and ostracize people for saying something that some find offensive?

Our society has the thin skin of an onion.

Pitiful.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sorry (of all people I ask you I know) what's stupid about colored people?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's a phrase that people can (and obviously did) take offense by.

Remember drivers Ed? Remember defensive driving?

Well, now we have "defensive speaking". Free speech, the ability (and often the opportunity) to offend, is dead.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sorry (of all people I ask you I know) what's stupid about colored people?
well I don't know, why don't you walk up to a group of black guys and say, "Evening fine colored people".

I'm sure you'll get a far better answer from them then here.

Often times, one assumes the use of "colored" is synonymous with a southern caricature. however, who's to fault? Media conditioning?
edit on 5-4-2018 by Arnie123 because: Muah

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
How, exactly, does that end up in the arsenal of vernacular that someone uses in their toolkit?

Maybe he meant "people of color" which is perfectly acceptable. It's sad when a slip of this nature is news. Then again this is xuen so it's expected. Still not discussion worthy.

I personally find it very interesting that he was so guilt wracked over a non issue that he apologized, resigned, and his wife supported the resignation.

That's what I would call a man abandoning his post. This can't be the real reason for his resignation. And if it IS, then, that, to me, is a story. Aka newsworthy. If it's a made up reason, there is a story as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So some nobody with no kind of influence or power says something dumb and you consider that news? That is a complete non-story.
Word on the street is that the guy has big big hands ...better now

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

More than likely he didn't want to be castigated continually by the media. That's the way of things, as we can see here. Better to just remove yourself from the circus.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

It was Democrats who forced the resignation not Republicans.

(post by eNumbra removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It was Democrats who forced the resignation not Republicans.

It’s a prominent, conservative, highly partisan, member who posted the thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So? You obviously missed the point. They are snowflakes who are self destructing. They attack their own over perceived slights that don't really exist. Rather than say woah, please use this term instead, I know you didn't mean any harm but we would appreciate it, they force this person to resign.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

they force this person to resign.

Did you read the article or are you assuming it was a lie that he stepped down of his own accord?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Did you read the article?

Multiple Democratic Party officials, including Parker’s wife, and African-American activists condemned Parker and called upon him to resign after his offensive remarks were reported.

Parker’s wife, Duval County Democratic Executive Committee Chairwoman Lisa King, said in a statement Monday that her husband should quit.

He was forced to resign, for a benign mistake.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Multiple Democratic Party officials, including Parker’s wife, and African-American activists condemned Parker and called upon him to resign after his offensive remarks were reported.

Parker’s wife, Duval County Democratic Executive Committee Chairwoman Lisa King, said in a statement Monday that her husband should quit.

“Called upon” him to resign. He could have stuck it out.
edit on 4/6/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Which has what to do with the OP point that the Democrats are killing themselves with this PC snowflake nonsense? He should have ridden it out while his WIFE is calling on him to resign? Over a complete nothing benign comment?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

He tried for months. This happened at the end of January. The furor just got stronger to the point his wife (a chair) called on him to resign.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Resigned? Good. Self abusing idiots to a (black,homo,femi,cuck) man.
Ooh, I've said it now, bad me.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: eNumbra

He tried for months. This happened at the end of January. The furor just got stronger to the point his wife (a chair) called on him to resign.

A chair? She's part of the furniture? What does " a chair" mean? Oh, you meant Chair(person), how very Trudeau of you.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Peeple

It's a phrase that people can (and obviously did) take offense by.

Remember drivers Ed? Remember defensive driving?

Well, now we have "defensive speaking". Free speech, the ability (and often the opportunity) to offend, is dead.

Haha, you're a true marvel.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Rumors that a threatened lawsuit by the NAACP for "trademark infringement" got in the way !!

😁

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join