It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Colored people' remark prompts DNC member's departure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He also said mammy once.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We are all people of color. Black, Brown, White, Yellow, Tan, etc... People need to stop being so sensitive. If it was meant in a derogatory way, that's different!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

He also said mammy once.

That monster!!
edit on 5 4 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

So you're admitting it's actually a non-story that is simply being published due to pettiness.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: intrepid

Figures.

Well I got what I needed out of this.

I was trying to find the controversy, but I am at a loss to find legitimacy in this story.

The controversy is in human idiocy. But that isn't what is being presented for discussion.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

He also said mammy once.

That monster!!

LOL

My dad had a mammy

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why do people have to use that idiotic term 'African American' to begin with?

It's segregation.

It's racist.

And if you live here in this country no matter where your ancestors may have came from.

Your just another effing american like everyone else.
edit on 5-4-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
How, exactly, does that end up in the arsenal of vernacular that someone uses in their toolkit?

Maybe he meant "people of color" which is perfectly acceptable. It's sad when a slip of this nature is news. Then again this is xuen so it's expected. Still not discussion worthy.

You just highlighted exactly how stupid it all is. Thanks for that.

Just re-arrange, add in "of" and presto-chango!!!

That's crazy.
People of color is fine. Colored people not so much. It's the same thing.

A) # this dude
B) were any of you that are oh so aghast about this comment aghast when another someone called a bunch of people bad hombres?
Or when that same guy said that demographic was great at climbing walls?

Just checking and fat man I'm not talking about you

I've only read the responses up to this comment, but I'm failing to see anyone make a big deal out of this other than the representative and other liberals around him that recommended him resign over this statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I got a dumb question...

I hate saying Irish American, African American.. or any of that non-sense, you are American or not, any color comments are purely meant to be descriptive, so what in the 9 levels of hades am I allowed to say in a work environment.

Its insane to me that I cannot say, the black (Asian, Hispanic, etc) guy down the hall at the corner desk, without people going bonkers.
I have the misfortune of having the worst memory for names, if I don't deal with you on a daily basis I cant remember names and the military just made that memory worse.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The correct terminology is brown, I have been hearing a lot lately, try and keep up.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

All I know for sure is is people want equality.

They need to drop the stupid hyphenated americanism's.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think everyone should leave the DNC and the RNC to be fair. Let's start living by our own principles and get out of the corporate agenda driven clubs like these.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Avoid speaking

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Don't democrats use terms like POC(Person of Color)?

Whats the big deal here?

It's about a Dem. Thus newsworthy to the partisan flock.

That's probably why this thread was started (OP), but the guy didn't get pushed out the DNC because conservatives were faux outraged.

The problem, local activists say, is that Parker’s remark was not simply an errant remark. Diallo-Sekou Seabrooks, an African-American who said he heard the remarks at the Burrito Gallery restaurant after a Democratic meeting, told First Coast News that Parker “freely used” the phrase, “colored people,” at the event and that he was concerned that Jacksonville would become like Atlanta, a city with a majority-black government.
Because Mrs. King is the wife of John Parker, there may be a conflict of interest. Constituents are complaining that the case may have been swept under the rug,” state Rep. Kim Daniels, an African-American Democrat from Jacksonville, wrote March 14 to the Florida Black Democratic Party, which had fielded some of the initial complaints.

Politico article

Doubt there were a lot of GOP members at the local DNC party meeting spreading this story...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"Colored people" is at least more sensical than "people of color". Both, however, are euphemisms for "not white".
edit on 5-4-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Unless you're a native our families all came from somewhere else. I hate the terms as well. Just look at "African American". It's inaccurate as hell, unless you were born in Africa. Which makes my Chinese doctor an African Canadian because she is from South Africa.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

As the right loses seat after seat after seat. Can't wait until November to shut all the Trump morons up. Sitting ducks, all of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: SKEPTEK

As the right loses seat after seat after seat. Can't wait until November to shut all the Trump morons up. Sitting ducks, all of them.

You know April Fools Day was a few days ago correct?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think everyone should leave the DNC and the RNC to be fair. Let's start living by our own principles and get out of the corporate agenda driven clubs like these.

Biggest growing voting block is Independent's people are leaving them, but they still vote for them out of habit, hopefully folks realize you cant just leave them you have to vote against them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join