It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StarWars E:9 script leaks (possible spoilers) JJs back. So it’s a ESB copy/paste.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

did you watch rebels? i thought star wars was dead, i think the movies are.
but DAMN dave feloni hit a home run with the finale of rebels, and its canon.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Butterfinger

Actually I heard they are letting each new director decide the cannon.. so they literally didn’t have a plan for anything from movie to movie..

Kind of like American presidents.

We already have Star Wars in space!

Mind blown

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I have not watched that.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They need to get kids interested in the franchise.
When I saw these movies in the theatre the majority of viewers was middle aged white men.
They don't care about theme parks or toys.
Again, we will see

Yup they're definitely trying to appeal to younger audiences. Most of the rage is from these middle aged people but I can't blame them the movie wasn't made for them and at the end of the day is still meant for younger audiences just like the original trilogy.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Full disclosure....

I am a huge Star Wars fan, I saw this on a few of the Star Wars forums and I will say here what I said over on them.

I hate the people that leak this kind of stuff because it spoils the movie for everyone and it is disrespectful to the art of movie making regardless of your opinion on the movie/franchise.

As such I will not be reading anything about this nor will I be watching any videos on it.

It is my hope that the people responsible are caught and punished.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Thrawn!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Whatever lol..

Worse than jar jar.. I don’t think so. Lol

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Dude no sorry your totally wrong.

$4 Billion was a absolute steel.

as already mentioned the movies have already returned over $4 billion now not only that but they have more movies in the pipe line, the have Star Wars Rebels (I highly recommend it to lovers of the clones wars series) then their is their deal with EA. After all of that you have books and comics (new Vader comic is epic)

Then their is all the merchandising which is which since 1977 has made a cool $32 Billion

They are also going to use it to launch their new Netflix style streaming service with a Star Wars live action show created by John Faveru.

So yeah I think they are getting their monies worth.

Personally as a huge fan, I have loved all of the new stuff so far as far as the movies go and most off the new cannon stuff is pretty good also.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, no.
They are sweating bullets.
Keep an eye on their stock prices after solo comes out..

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

...It needed to be introduced to a new generation. ...

This I can't agree with as there are already 6 movies telling a story. It didn't need rebooting. It needed continuity, and for some reasons, Disney decided the story wasn't good enough anymore.
They should have ended the story as it was (mostly) originally planned, THEN create whatever new stories in the SW universe they wished for.

It's funny, but I was sick last night, and at some point, I had a thought that for me, Star Wars is, and forever will be George Lucas' bi-trilogies.
Rogue One I liked and fits well, but I feel it is pure luck it did as they had to remake a part of it, and the same happened with Solo, so I'm not having high hopes with that one.
Anyways, Disney, through Johnson and Abrams kinda made it clear it had no cares for old fans. They are counting on sucking the pockets of the next generation.

And that's too far from Lucas idea of telling a story about growing up and facing hard choices and making the right ones.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It might take a nock but Disney is big enough to soak it up and it won’t end Star Wars.

Just look at Star Wars battlefront 2 and EA, their shares to a hit but nothing they could not survive happens with all big entertainment companies.

Solo will not bomb at the box office and even if it does Star Wars will still continue.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Except for the fact we all have the option not to read them lol....

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: RomaSempre

Whatever lol..

Worse than jar jar.. I don’t think so. Lol

I hated Jar Jar. With that said you were supposed to.

Jar Jar was originally supposed to be the "Phantom Menace" After reading some of the stuff from the actor who played him, if you go back through it, you can see that everything (albeit painful to watch) actually was setting it up for Jar Jar to be the Sith Lord. However do to backlash Lucas changed it, I really wish he hadn't, I think it would have made for a better series all around.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yeah, worse than Jar Jar. The Phantom Menace had the pod races and Attack of the Clones had...well, clones...and Jango Fett. What do the new movies have? Nothing new. Okay, the porgs were cute.

Would you rather have Jar Jar or super Leia in space?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley
...actually was setting it up for Jar Jar to be the Sith Lord.

How is that even possible when we already knew that Palpatine was going to become emperor?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How is that even possible when we already knew that Palpatine was going to become emperor?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That was mind numbingly dumb.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wow thats crazy. I'm always so busy trying to look away when hes on screen to ever notice any such about him. His mind control trickery is that good I literally could never see him coming!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: SpartanStoic

They needed a female hero to fit the agenda.

Bad movies will lead to worse merchandise sales and eventually the final nail in the coffin.

To be fair, given the nature of what Jedi are, if any franchise could pull of realistic (*cough, cough*) female hero, it would be Star Wars. The Force is a great equalizer, but they supercharged Rey to the point of ridiculous.

As you said, Mary Sue.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They could`ve had a much better movie if they followed some of the literature that came out before the Phantom Menace was even thought of. I had a technical manual with all sorts of ships from "A New Hope" all the way to Hapan Battle Dragons, E-wings, and the freakin Eclipse SSD.

The story behind the Eclipse was that a revived Palpatine summoned some Force storm while fighting Luke(after Luke restored the derilect ship on Dathomir) and Luke somehow used the storm to consume the ship. IIRC, it has been many years since I saw that book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join