It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yulia Skirpal Speaks ( Or Did She ) ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Russian state-owned Rossiya 1 TV claims they have a recording of a telephone conversation made between Yulia Skirpal and her cousin.

Here is a transcript of the supposedly conversation.

Fake news? Possibly. When it comes to this Nerve Agent episode who knows what's either true or false.

Viktoria: Hello?

Alleged Yulia: Hello. Do you hear me?

Viktoria: Yes, I hear you.

Alleged Yulia: It is Yulia Skripal.

Viktoria: Oh, Yulka [diminutive of Yulia] it is you! I recognise from your voice that it is you but cannot understand. So, they gave you a telephone, didn't they?

Alleged Yulia: Yes, yes

. Viktoria: Thanks God! Yulyash [diminutive of Yulia], is everything okay with you?

Alleged Yulia: Everything is ok, everything is fine.

Viktoria: Look, if tomorrow I get a (British) visa, I will come to you on Monday.

Alleged Yulia: Vika, no-one will give you the visa.

Viktoria: Well I thought so too. Oh well.

Alleged Yulia: Most likely.

Viktoria: If they give it, I need you to tell me whether I can visit you or not, tell me that I can.

Alleged Yulia: I think no, there is such a situation now, we'll sort it out later.

Viktoria: I know it, I know it all.

Alleged Yulia: Later, we will get it sorted later, everything's fine, we'll see later.

Viktoria: Is it your phone?

Alleged Yulia: It is a temporary phone. Everything is fine, but we'll see how it goes, we'll decide later. You know what the situation is here. Everything is fine, everything is solvable, everyone (he and her father) is recovering and is alive

. Viktoria: Clear! Is everything ok with your father?

Alleged Yulia: Everything is ok. He is resting now, having a sleep. Everyone's health is fine, there are no irreparable things. I will be discharged soon. Everything is ok.

Viktoria:Kisses, my bunny.

Alleged Yulia: Bye.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So......basically.....everything and everyone's fine
Doesn't sound at all scripted lol

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yes.

"Don't worry we are both right as rain and Dad is just having a bit of a kip. We certainly were not poisoned by a Russian nerve agent which is vile lie propagated by evil British Govt".

I guess we will find out in due course.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yulia has made a statement. From the BBC:

BBC

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

To Quote from your link..

Viktoria Skripal has said she hopes to travel to the UK to visit her relatives, if she can get a visa, but the alleged Yulia tells her that no-one will give her one. Correspondents say that what the alleged Yulia says about her father "resting" does not chime with what we know of the Skripals' health, and the conversation about the visa is strange. Russian news agency Interfax also quoted the cousin as saying in an interview that they had spoken and that Yulia had told her that all was well. She expressed surprise that the phone call had come a day after she had told media that she was not allowed to speak to Yulia, Interfax reported. "Do you believe in coincidences? I don't," it quoted her as saying. Viktoria is said to be one of their closest living relatives after a series of family deaths.

Ha could be true ? But you never know from both sides Yulia is never going to bad mouth Russia so it will go on and on unless some decent evidence is produced ?
Both still alive after a lethal nerve agent dose and one doing well doesn't quite add up unless it was a very mild brushing ?
I wish them both well and hope the big boys can talk talk instead of taking any silly walk..

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It all seems a bit too (er) scripted. Very short and delivers just the message that is needed, eh? Oh, and recorded - that's convenient.

But it adds to the narrative that "...those pesky Brits won't give you a visa and I'm sort of imprisoned here, but well enough to run a marathon with dear old pa, who misses Mother Russia".

When it's finally uncovered as a fake, a bunch of people will hang on to it as being true. Certainly, within Russia its legitimacy won't be questioned even when revealed as guff.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So even for me that makes me go "huh????"

My only thoughts are that it could just be the Russian to English translation thats off giving the conversation a different tone.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Certainly, within Russia its legitimacy won't be questioned even when revealed as guff.

It says in the articles that the presenters of the TV show that aired the recording said they couldn't confirm the recording's authenticity, so it doesn't look like it's being presented as true.

top topics

join