It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big crack evidence East Africa could be splitting in two

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Plate Tectonics is the cause. You can read up on it.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: bronco73

Haven't heard of it shrinking in places... Any information you can show me on that?

Can you explain how any of the evidence provided in the videos i link make sense if the planets are also shrinking? please do

Sure looks like they are growing to me.

Totally agree, the Earth is growing. If nothing else, due to the approximately 30 or so thousand tons of material that crashes down to the planet from outer space every year (incredibly miniscule on a global scale). However, growing is not the same thing as spreading/expanding as you are alluding to I believe. There are zones as illustrated in this thread where massive cracks are opening up and the Earth is spreading. However, there are also zones where long stretches of plates are being swallowed up and collapsing inwards. They are called subduction zones. One part of the earth literally slides under the other part , shrinking that particular section of planet. The Alaskan/Aeluion subduction zone for example is 3800 km long and is shrinking by approximately 3 inches every year.

www.encyclopedia.com...
www.livescience.com...
www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

edit on 7-4-2018 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Also explain how flat earth and growing earth are on the same par with each other please. Very curious has to how you bridge that gap as well.

It's all based on ignorance.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Oh great, now we will have 2 africa's?!

:facepalm:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
Looking at the picture it's not very wide, google cracks in the earth and they are everywhere. Scary though think if your house was on that said crack. Would insurance pick it up as it's an act of nature?

I heard a report on this last night on radio. It had far more real information about the actual event. The report said that the crack is over 50 ft. deep and runs for miles. Here's a better story and some video.

nypost.com...

I don't know about you but if that thing appeared in my neighborhood, I'd be a mite anxious. Now if I were a geologist, I'd be chomping at the bit to go and take a look at it. Interesting stuff as long as it's not in my back yard, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join