It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

INCREDIBLE - With 90 Percent of Media Against President Trump - He Still Polls Higher Than Obama.

page: 8
72
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The problem with taking an average rating using multiple polls is the fact that polls can be skewed based on many factors. For example there are more 'liberal' leaning MSM polls than there are 'conservative' by a decent clip. Who dictates who and where they poll? Polls in general aren't really an exceedingly accurate measure of popularity, but they are kind of the best we have. I think November 2016 is proof enough of that. Samples are just that, and it is hit or miss in terms of getting the greater pulse of the masses.

Elections are the best measure, but of course those aren't any help in terms of the current discussion.




posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Rasmussen Reports




These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.



With that posted. It is a conservative biased polling site, yet they could only find "51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump"...LMAO

That means that even among his base, they could only find 51% of conservatives (less if dems are included in poll) who approve of him while 49% don't.

So the Op was attempting to prove this idiot's approval rating is great but managed to show that even amongst his base, he is not that popular. LMAO


Your post is idiotic.
It's not a poll of conservatives.



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: senxic
The problem with taking an average rating using multiple polls is the fact that polls can be skewed based on many factors. For example there are more 'liberal' leaning MSM polls than there are 'conservative' by a decent clip. Who dictates who and where they poll? Polls in general aren't really an exceedingly accurate measure of popularity, but they are kind of the best we have. I think November 2016 is proof enough of that. Samples are just that, and it is hit or miss in terms of getting the greater pulse of the masses.

Elections are the best measure, but of course those aren't any help in terms of the current discussion.


No, the November 2016 proved the polls exceedingly accurate, they had Hillary in a 2-3 percentage point lead and that is what the total vote came out to be. She had 3 million more votes, which equated to a little over 2% lead.

And it is obviously because of any biases or problems in ideology (as if Rassmussen doesn't have a bias?) you use an average of all of them. Each year with March Madness, the "Bracket Matrix" - the average of all of them, is by far the closest.


edit on 6-4-2018 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: fleabit
Take into account all polls, and nope.. still terrible. But I guess you take a win wherever you can dredge it up. Trump's followers are becoming like him, only accepting that which agrees with him, and dismissing everything else as "fake, wrong, biased, extreme-left, etc.."


Taking into account all polls, Trump is neck and neck with Obama at the same point in his last term


Why compare Obama's 6th year with Trump's 2nd?

Because Obama's approval rating was a full 5 points higher in his second year on this day? No neck and neck there?



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
DP
edit on 6-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: carewemust

Rasmussen does not share their polling methods publicly for a reason.



They post their methodology on their site.
Why make things up when you are so easily caught?

www.rasmussenreports.com...



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: fleabit
Take into account all polls, and nope.. still terrible. But I guess you take a win wherever you can dredge it up. Trump's followers are becoming like him, only accepting that which agrees with him, and dismissing everything else as "fake, wrong, biased, extreme-left, etc.."


Taking into account all polls, Trump is neck and neck with Obama at the same point in his last term


Why compare Obama's 6th year with Trump's 2nd?

Because Obama's approval rating was a full 5 points higher in his second year on this day? No neck and neck there?





Because that's what Rasmussen did in the article from the OP.

They were comparing Obama's last term with Trump's.



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: carewemust

Rasmussen does not share their polling methods publicly for a reason.



They post their methodology on their site.
Why make things up when you are so easily caught?

www.rasmussenreports.com...


Where are the questions they asked?

And when you click through to see HOW they actually "weighted" the results (changed answers to reflect their view of the party make-up in the us)
You get this wall:
www.rasmussenreports.com...

They do not share their methodology.
edit on 6-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: 1337Kph

originally posted by: introvert
Yet you still tried to use an argument that the other member did not make or imply.

Using it as an argument would be me saying "You're probably one of those guys that..." or anything in that direction.
Getting pretty pointless there.


I see you have met the loony left on ATS and are very good at making them look foolish. The whole thing boils down to Trump spanked them state by state and only the brainwashed SJW states voted for more corruption with no care in the world that corruption was bad.

Off topic, your name 1337 Kph is 102 Kilometers Per Hour faster than the speed of sound! Making you a Mach 1 Poster? Too fast for them.


"Spanked state by state' is quite a way to characterize losing by 3 million votes and the victory came down to 77K votes spread throughout Penn, MI and WI www.weeklystandard.com...

You note "voting for corruption" and are ignoring the corruption going on right before your very eyes, I am positive that had Obama had an EPA administrator that was renting a room at $50 a night in a posh D.C. condo from a Riverkeepers lobbyist and had already made a decision in their favor, you'd say it was perfectly acceptable, or if Obama had made commercials for his properties abroad as president, you'd be fine with that.

We don't take "SJW" as a slur by the way, and I am not sure why "Social Justice" is something that makes the right wing recoil. Jesus spent his time on Earth fighting for social justice, but that no longer surprises that the idea is mocked. I guess what you're fighting for is social injustice, which would be cheering for those swamp monsters.

Trump lost the states that are doing the best in the new economy, the entire west coast, the northeast, etc. He won states run by Republicans, states that aren't doing as well, compare WI to MN - 2 near identical states, except one is thriving economically (MN) and one is quickly trying to become Kansas, a state that needed its Supreme Court to step in to fund its schools.

The left can be loony, I'll be the first to admit. I love it when we're quirky. But, we've always been for the little guy, Trump fed you a bunch of crap, can't keep anyone talented in the building with him, and is now getting us in a trade war - which, if you haven't noticed, is upsetting the markets and is about to start costing jobs across the Mid-West. Soy bean farmers will be pretty upset.

Anyhow, good luck. All that really matters is he told you he had no time for PC, and for people that think "social justice warrior" is a slur, that was just too good to pass up.



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yea... and a number of years ago 'Laverne and Shirley' was considered the best show on television. What's your point?



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: fleabit
Take into account all polls, and nope.. still terrible. But I guess you take a win wherever you can dredge it up. Trump's followers are becoming like him, only accepting that which agrees with him, and dismissing everything else as "fake, wrong, biased, extreme-left, etc.."


Taking into account all polls, Trump is neck and neck with Obama at the same point in his last term


Why compare Obama's 6th year with Trump's 2nd?

Because Obama's approval rating was a full 5 points higher in his second year on this day? No neck and neck there?





Because that's what Rasmussen did in the article from the OP.

They were comparing Obama's last term with Trump's.



Do you think that is a relevant comparison in the context they are pitching it as?

Comparing a Presidents 6th year in office with another's 2nd?



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
i hope his approval ratings are better than a pedophile that was bent on destroying America.

I still think Obama/Hillary/Bushes will be publicly hung for being a traitors.


Here is the typical Trump voter, America.

Be proud.



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: carewemust

Rasmussen does not share their polling methods publicly for a reason.



They post their methodology on their site.
Why make things up when you are so easily caught?

www.rasmussenreports.com...


Where are the questions they asked?

And when you click through to see HOW they actually "weighted" the results (changed answers to reflect their view of the party make-up in the us)
You get this wall:
www.rasmussenreports.com...


You didn't ask about the questions, you asked about methodology.
The full detail of all questions is available to their members.

So, they do indeed share their method and survey publicly. You were wrong.
You can blather on to convince yourself you were not wrong if you like, I'll leave you to it.

edit on 6/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: carewemust

Rasmussen does not share their polling methods publicly for a reason.



They post their methodology on their site.
Why make things up when you are so easily caught?

www.rasmussenreports.com...


Where are the questions they asked?

And when you click through to see HOW they actually "weighted" the results (changed answers to reflect their view of the party make-up in the us)
You get this wall:
www.rasmussenreports.com...


You didn't ask about the questions, you asked about methodology.
The full detail of all questions is available to their members.

So, they do indeed share their method and survey publicly. You were wrong.
You can blather on to convince yourself you were not wrong if you like, I'll leave you to it.


A page with the title "Methodology", which does not share how they weight the survey or what questions they ask is as dishonest as your posting history.

You should see here for an explanation of how polls weight and alter results:

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

Trump has a lower approval rating right now than any President in statistical history, going all the way back to Truman in 45.



edit on 6-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: booyakasha
i hope his approval ratings are better than a pedophile that was bent on destroying America.

I still think Obama/Hillary/Bushes will be publicly hung for being a traitors.


Here is the typical Trump voter, America.

Be proud.


I didn't vote for Trump. Don't trust him either.

Obama/Hillary/Bushes are still satanic pedophiles.



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Please go and get some real stats, not stuff from a site with a deliberate bias already criticised in the past by people who would otherwise have defended it, because of the way that poll is collated....it's real news we need!



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The really funny thing is that you are so hung up on polls in the first place. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson after Nov 2016.

But, hey, carry on with fivethirtyeight - who gave Trump a 23% chance of winning PA, a 21.1% chance of winning MI and a 16.5% chance of winning WI. I think it's reasonable to say that Nate Silver's methodology is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen do indeed provide the detail of their methodology to the public.

edit on 6/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: soberbacchus

The really funny thing is that you are so hung up on polls in the first place. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson after Nov 2016.

But, hey, carry on with fivethirtyeight - who gave Trump a 23% chance of winning PA, a 21.1% chance of winning MI and a 16.5% chance of winning WI. I think it's reasonable to say that Nate Silver's methodology is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen do indeed provide the detail of their methodology to the public.


Nate Silver was not wrong in any way. If I make a prediction that someone has a 70% chance to win, and they lose, I'm not wrong, its just the dice roll fell into the 30% category on that instance. You are conflating a 100% guarantee with an odds prediction.
edit on 14pm18fpmFri, 06 Apr 2018 12:00:41 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 06 Apr 2018 12:00:41 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: soberbacchus

The really funny thing is that you are so hung up on polls in the first place. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson after Nov 2016.

But, hey, carry on with fivethirtyeight - who gave Trump a 23% chance of winning PA, a 21.1% chance of winning MI and a 16.5% chance of winning WI. I think it's reasonable to say that Nate Silver's methodology is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen do indeed provide the detail of their methodology to the public.


Nate Silver was not wrong in any way. If I make a prediction that someone has a 70% chance to win, and they lose, I'm not wrong, its just the dice roll fell into the 30% category on that instance. You are conflating a 100% guarantee with an odds prediction.


Yes, his models are sh*t at predicting the odds.

edit on 6/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: fleabit
Take into account all polls, and nope.. still terrible. But I guess you take a win wherever you can dredge it up. Trump's followers are becoming like him, only accepting that which agrees with him, and dismissing everything else as "fake, wrong, biased, extreme-left, etc.."


Taking into account all polls, Trump is neck and neck with Obama at the same point in his last term


Why compare Obama's 6th year with Trump's 2nd?

Because Obama's approval rating was a full 5 points higher in his second year on this day? No neck and neck there?





Because that's what Rasmussen did in the article from the OP.

They were comparing Obama's last term with Trump's.



Do you think that is a relevant comparison in the context they are pitching it as?

Comparing a Presidents 6th year in office with another's 2nd?


Honestly, I don't think comparing their approvals ratings is relevant, at all, really.

But, I also don't think there's any dishonesty to how Rasmussen pitched the comparison. They were up front about what they were comparing.



new topics

top topics



 
72
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join