It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INCREDIBLE - With 90 Percent of Media Against President Trump - He Still Polls Higher Than Obama.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So...it sounds like the consensus is that everyone, here, picks and chooses what polls they believe/disbelieve or doesn't really put any stock in them, at all?

I know I don't put any stock in them...although I do think they are a great predictor of opinions, because they are so useful in influencing them.

Where did you get that crazy thought from? Pretty much everyone who is doubting the OP is pointing out how most polls show Trump's approval ratings in the dumps and this poll is an outlier. It's just basic statistical analysis. Do you not know what outliers are or something?

What does 'outlier' have to do with the OP?

Nothing. Rasmussen is comparing their own polling of Obama with their polling of Trump and Trump is doing better, at this point in his presidency, than Obama was, at the same point in his last term.

Also, the *TREND* reveals this particular poll can't be dismissed as an outlier:

AND, the fact that you are choosing to dismiss the results of this poll because you don't like it...err...think it's an outlier, is really no different than Trump supporters who throw out polls because they don't like them...err...think Democrats are oversampled.

I'm not sure if you're deliberately misrepresenting here or you actually don't realize the distinction being made. Outlier in this case is in reference to the Rasmussen poll against other polls, not within itself. Rasmussen has always delivered higher values for conservatives than most other polls (and I'm not making a claim for or against the accuracy of any poll), just merely that its no secret Republican's usually have their highest numbers on Rasmussen.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The "distinction" was only made to deflect from the actual point of the OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The "distinction" was only made to deflect from the actual point of the OP.

How exactly? As I understood it, the 'point' was that Rasmussen was going to give Trump his highest poll numbers, so it was no surprise at all. It would have been a much more worthwhile OP to have included the full gamut of polls as evidence of his point (which he didn't because they don't support his argument like the Rasmussen poll).

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"A full gamut" of other polls have nothing to do with Rasmussen comparing their polling of Obama to their polling of Trump.

That was the point of the OP:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

President Obama earned a 46% job approval rating on April 4, 2010, his second year in office.

Attempts to make it about what other pollsters show are OT deflections.

edit on 4/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"A full gamut" of other polls have nothing to do with Rasmussen comparing their polling of Obama to their polling of Trump.

That was the point of the OP:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

President Obama earned a 46% job approval rating on April 4, 2010, his second year in office.

Attempts to make it about what other pollsters show are OT deflections.

Its not. Just because we're offering counter-arguments doesn't make them deflections. Its not shocking that the poll used to highlight the OP's case was historically the one that had the lowest numbers for Democrats, and the highest numbers for Republicans. While the OP is free to make assertions using that poll, our point is using one poll to do so belies willful bias for the sake of supporting an argument.

Would you say that anyone not in agreement with the OP's assertion is deflecting?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The OP cited Rasmussen's assertions using that poll and the ones they took regarding Obama's approval.

You act like the OP is responsible for the story and that it's the OP's assertion.

It's Rasmussen's. The OP is just the messenger.

Also, it seems to me that 'the gamut of polls' has a record of being wrong. If Rasmussen has a record of being 'more favorable' to Republicans/Trump...maybe they are the ones that are most accurate:

Rasmussen Reports says it was the closest of all major pollsters in predicting the presidential election’s popular vote, pointing to final results posted by RealClearPolitics.

On its final poll released Nov. 7, the day before Election Day, Rasmussen had Hillary Clinton up 2 points on Donald Trump. Clinton won the popular vote by 1 percentage point, even though Donald Trump beat her on electoral votes.

No other pollster tracked by RealClearPolitics came as close to the final results.

The Hill

edit on 4/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Right. Shooting the messenger never solves the underlying problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The OP cited Rasmussen's assertions using that poll and the ones they took regarding Obama's approval.

You act like the OP is responsible for the story and that it's the OP's assertion.

It's Rasmussen's. The OP is just the messenger.

Also, it seems to me that 'the gamut of polls' has a record of being wrong. If Rasmussen has a record of being 'more favorable' to Republicans/Trump...maybe they are the ones that are most accurate:

Rasmussen Reports says it was the closest of all major pollsters in predicting the presidential election’s popular vote, pointing to final results posted by RealClearPolitics.

On its final poll released Nov. 7, the day before Election Day, Rasmussen had Hillary Clinton up 2 points on Donald Trump. Clinton won the popular vote by 1 percentage point, even though Donald Trump beat her on electoral votes.

No other pollster tracked by RealClearPolitics came as close to the final results.

The Hill

There's nothing wrong with the OP making a point using Rasmussen's poll for the sake of debate. Our counter-argument to the point being made is that its not surprising coming from Rasmussen. In this debate an assertion is made (by the OP - which we took to be in agreement with the OP's own thoughts), and our rebuttal is that the point Rasmussen makes can be countered by the fact that its essentially cherry picking data to support the argument.

Now, whether you want to go into the accuracy of Rasmussen polls over others is an equally viable path of discussion (and one we'd be happy to engage in). I'll start:

IBD/TIPP poll looks to be the most accurate, with Rasmussen somwhere in the middle

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Rasmussen was the most reliable poll. If you'd have followed it instead on the BS on CNN and via Reuters, you might not have been so upset and shocked at the election result.

That said, it's best not to be too hung up on any poll.

What is evident is that when the polls agree with either the left or the rights agenda, each side seem to care about them. Right now Trump is on an uptrend and the right is crowing, whilst the left has fallen silent on the subject after banging on about polls for two years. Don't worry, though, as soon as the trend goes down it will be the daily news cycle on CNN and it will be leftists making threads.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well that makes sense, he will always poll higher among degenerates and the imbeciles among us. What’s new? a reply to: carewemust

edit on 5-4-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Your link is useless to the debate - it excludes the 2016 election. Assessing accuracy of polling based on data going back to 2004 is worthless.

The fact remains that Rasmussen was quite accurate in 2016. Are they still? Who knows. The point is that it's all a PR game. Whenever any poll supports one side, it's going to be used.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I already said that I don't put any stock in polls and I think everyone participating in this thread either picks and chooses which polls they trust or doesn't put any stock in them either.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So because Rasmussen was most right once they're now the most reliable? They have a long history of being mediocre. There's a reason they only have a C+ on FiveThirtyEight.

The OP even admits IBD/TIPP has the best history. They have Trump at 40% approval. Which is lower than they had Obama at this point.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So because Rasmussen was most right once they're now the most reliable? They have a long history of being mediocre. There's a reason they only have a C+ on FiveThirtyEight.

The OP even admits IBD/TIPP has the best history. They have Trump at 40% approval. Which is lower than they had Obama at this point.

Fivethirtyeight proved themselves to be huge joke. I really don't think quoting their ratings counts for very much.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm wary on a lot of these polls. We saw how good polls are in the last presidential election. Trump was polling horribly and he won. LOL

I consider myself a moderate. I'm a registered independent. My rating of Trump right now is not favorable. A lot of that has to do with all of the Chaos/ill advised Tweets/seemingly working to undo democratic laws then enact laws that move us forward/Inflamatory things that he says. I'm sure I'm not alone in that assesment. I don't want him to fail, I don't rant against him on facebook, but I'm not viewing him favorably.

He's polling terribly with Liberals as we..

He's polling okay with Conservatives but not all of them...

I would say that this poll is not correct?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
My approval rating for Trump is 43%

I like some of what he's doing.

But some of the things he's said and done are starting to seriously piss me off.

That's ok, mine is at 157% so it all evens out.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No matter which poll you choose to rely on or believe. Spankys supporters are, and will always be, in the minority.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
you guys come on this isnt kindergarten.

AJ had it right. The media cant keep lowering Trumps approval rating indefinitely because eventually it will become so ridiculous that they will ruin whatever illusion of credibility they have left. Therefore they MUST raise his poll numbers occasionally so they can bring them back down again when they want to make some kind of useless point about his performance.

Its all a show.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Youre right....but not in the way you think.

American citizens that support Trump ARE the minority when you add illegals to the citizens that dont support Trump.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is just dust in the eyes and u are celebrating like you won something...
And after everything that has happened in the past 100 years if u still think a president runs something or makes decisions then this is not awoken people but a next level of naivety. All of your presidents who tried to actually do something got assassinated. Trump won't be allowed to make significant changes, if the media fails to sway the masses against him, they will take other measures for sure!

P.S. The whole system must change, the corporations must be cut out, starting with the FED!
edit on 5-4-2018 by DenisIvanov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join