It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair blocked inquest into Dr David Kelly death claims book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Tony Blair blocked coroner’s inquest into death of Dr David Kelly ‘within minutes’ of body being found, explosive new book claims

But now, explosive new claims that Blair and the then Lord Chancellor Charles Falconer ‘established an inquiry’ into Mr Kelly’s death – a much ‘less rigorous form of investigation’ than a coroner’s inquest – ‘within minutes’ of Mr Kelly’s death have been made in a new book entitled An Inconvenient Death – How The Establishment Covered Up The David Kelly Affair, written by award -winning investigative journalist Miles Goslett, and due to be released on April 5th.

I don't know if this new book contains much new material, but good to see it's written by an award-winning journalist with a well established reputation for investigative work. He won 'Scoop of the Year' four times, one (from the London Press Club) for exposing the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.

Notably the only 'paper' I could find reporting this was the relatively obscure Evolve Politics.

You will recall that after Kelly cast doubt upon the Blair government's Iraqi weapons of mass destruction 'intelligence', he 'commited suicide' in mysterious circumstances.

*Why all medical records and photographs of Dr Kelly were classified for 70 years and witness statements for 30 years from the end of the inquiry?

*Why no fingerprints were found on any of Dr Kelly’s possessions, including the knife and empty pill packets, when he wore no gloves?

*Why Dr Kelly’s dental records apparently went missing from, and were then returned to, his dental practice in Abingdon, around the time of his death?

*Why a police helicopter with thermal imaging camera which earlier flew over the site found no trace of the body?

Goslett also claimed that 22 relevant witnesses had not given evidence during the inquiry

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Was covered a little in the UK press at weekend, awful source but was there.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Strangely it’s a Rupert Murdoch owned paper - wasn’t there a rumour of shenanigans between his wife Wendi Deng and Tony Blair himself? Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I remember the whole incident very well. Alot of people did question the events but were just ignored and it went away. The media went along with the official story as they always do.
The idea that he would just commit suicide in a forest just didn't sit right at the time. Especially now we know how the whole Iraq and the weapons of mass destruction angle was a load of rubbish.
Tony Blair is an idiot and someone never to be trusted. It wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

edit on Thu, 05 Apr 2018 00:19:04 -0500121842018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have always found David Kelly's death to be very interesting.

Basically after his death the Hutton inquiry found that he committed suicide the government was cleared of any wrong doing and the media got blamed for the whole thing. I personally don't believe that, I believe he was killed by either the Americans or the British and then it was covered up because their were lots of aspects that did not make much sense.

Personally I will be reading this book

Given the source I think it makes it even more interesting, but there have been others such as Norman Backer MP who published his book on Kellys death that ended with some strange conclusion. Both Channel Four and the BBC have also released documentaries that also seriously question suicide as his cause of death.

The questions raised in the article cited by the OP do have some answers that are quite reasonable however but overall when you look at everything around his death its quite obvious this man did not commit suicide.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis
You will recall that after Kelly cast doubt upon the Blair government's Iraqi weapons of mass destruction 'intelligence', he 'commited suicide' in mysterious circumstances.

Some people think it was "mysterious circumstances" while others do not. It was suicide.

This is the Hutton Report that opens in a PDF

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I've been of the opinion since the discovery of his body and the discrepancies that surrounded the discovery that Dr David Kelly was murdered , I can see why the war criminal Blair would want to sweep it under the carpet.

I hope one day David Kelly will get justice.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: EvilAxis

Some people think it was "mysterious circumstances" while others do not. It was suicide.

This is the Hutton Report that opens in a PDF

Thank you for linking to the Hutton Report. As this is the official account of what happened, it's the key text to analyse against all the evidence which has been made public.

Your only comment on the matter: 'it was a suicide' is puzzling.

I assume you weren't there and assume you're not saying you simply believe the report because it's official. Presumably you're aware it has come under intense criticism from many quarters, not least by Norman Baker, who called it a farce. That you can be so decided on the matter on the basis of Hutton alone suggests you're either unwilling or incapable of entertaining any other possibility.
edit on 5-4-2018 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There are obvious doubts about the accuracy of the official version of events.

But I suspect that we'll never know the full truth and this story will drag on for years.

As far as I'm aware there's no direct links to Blair and his death - plausible deniability?

People may question why May and the Tories would try to maintain any cover-up, but they all piss in the same pot and the maintenance of the status quo is their primary concern.

I think its sad that Dr Kelly's family had to exhume his body and privately cremate it, or were they instructed to.....?

top topics

join