It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be carrier qualifications or something similar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, I just wrote a whole lot and hit post and nothing happened lol.
I'll make this shorter.
Was looking around north island on adsb and noticed a c2 greyhound tracking from the ocean.
I saw that the stennis is off the coast of california april 2-3, was wondering if the greyhound was coming from a carrier or would there be a reason to be that low over water.

link to screenshot

Thanks

edit: forgot, also noticed 4 atac planes around the area, wasn't sure if they practiced with fleets.

edit on 5Wed, 04 Apr 2018 17:14:57 -0500America/Chicago18052018000000404_ by nepatitan because: additional info

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Qualifications or COMPTUEX. ATAC does a lot of work with the Navy.
edit on 4/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

awesome thanks! That does make sense though is there info on if they are going to training or mission?
how current is ship tracking, just found this off the coast but just says "warship". It is in the same area.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

They won't deploy until they complete the COMPTUEX, and then come back into port for any minor repairs from their workups. It looks like this is the COMPTUEX, based on the two previous sailings. They'll probably deploy later this month, or next.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the help.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You should see the E-2 at some point. He'll either be in an orbit, or heading in or out of Miramar.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Usually we don’t do any repairs after comptuex. Usually just a solid in port period and then we do a couple minor underways. After that we usually do POM leave and then deployment. This isn’t weird though, we do all kinds of wonky stuff during workups.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: truttseeker

Last couple COMPTUEX that I've caught off the West Coast they apparently broke something on the ship. They came back and were reported as being a week or so in dock before heading out again.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm still watching, looks like a usmc citation is by san clemente but the three ships are still sitting around. Could be exciting to watch overnight. Assuming training etc is all hours.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I mean yeah some stuff will need maintenance or tweaking. It’s all ships force level stuff. The way we’ve been running them though is insane. I’ll jist say I’m glad I was on the enterprise to get a good maintenance background.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I usually catch at least a few things off the coast at night, right after sunset.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

actually was interested if anyone has watched that new Lockheed surveillance plane out of mojave. I mean it has to have been tracked no?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The only one at Mojave I know of is the Northrop H03 they just unveiled. I haven't seen anything about it flying yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

yea thats the one I was thinking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

As far as I know it hasn't been caught flying yet,

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'd be interested in seeing that, never saw any videos of the coast guard one.

top topics

join