It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozen black holes found at galactic centre

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
What happens when a black-hole gets sucked into a black-hole?

They merge together, giving off gravity waves that travel across the universe stretching and contracting the fabric of space-time. Astronomers have actually managed to capture those waves and can replay them as sound. Which for some strange reason, sound like a water drop leaking from a tap and dripping into a tub of water

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyguy
a reply to: skunkape23

Gamma ray burst!

If there are all those black holes out there, just imagine the gravitational lensing effects. It would be like a hall of mirrors.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes Einstein and Black Holes, and what Hawking think about the center of the Universe...?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In the Center is Big Bang -1 Entropy?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OK NASA look et the centre...LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: maxtron

The thing about cosmology as explained in text books and by teachers, is that there is no "center of the universe". You can thought extrapolate one but then you would be going against accepted notions.

I will say this, mother nature does not pick the hardest way to do something! If it works once, why do it a different way?

So, an
on having a notion about what the center of the universe, if there is one, it would be even more of a cluster (pun included, free of charge)!!

a reply to: darepairman

The "what happened before the Big Bang" question! You end up in philosophical territory rather quickly. There are serious people out there thinking about the very notion you stated. It is a topic worthy of consideration.

BTW, did you see this thread? ATS, 2010, Breaking Alternative News, Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes.

Somebody posted to it the other day and was a nice trip down memory lane (about the time I started lurking here!). You might find some recognizable ideas.

edit on 4-4-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: all "it" words were removed from my post!! lol and wth?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That's the only it makes sence to me. ill check out the thread, thanks

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When there is a Big Bang, then there is a Center...OK i think there was no Big Bang, Einstein say we could live witheout...Hmm. The Universe is a Big Thing with no beginning and no end...LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: maxtron

There was no "there" there!

The whole thing blew up from smaller than an atom to the size of a basketball. Nothing was differentiated at that point. I guess you could claim there is a "center" but it would not be any different than anywhere else. Then, according the theory of rapid expansion, that basketball of pure energy expanded into a solar system size glob. Still too hot to have particles. There were no "physics as we know it" and they are still arguing about gravity.

That glob expanded as space expanded. We will not be able to see it because it is hidden behind a dense cloud of what is probably gas trying to form. Somewhere along the line, they think cosmic rays poked through that veil. Then things started to cool down enough for matter to form. Things we would recognize today showed up. How/what gravity came to be is still in question.

Expansion slowed down to a pace where we could imagine "running the film backwards" to get to a Big Bang. There are things we may never know.

If I were to have a couple beers and really think about it, the center of the universe would a very lonely place because everything is moving away from you! You would have to travel faster than light to reach it let alone get out in front and ask where it is going in such a hurry! Or if you had offended it in some way.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Do you think it is moving around a point ,or Einstein say its relative i read in this, the Universe has no end and moving around in fractal Design (Sorry for my bad english, im German)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Na, if Hawking is alive i have one question, what is in the Center of the Universe?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Galactic Teabagging...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Cool and thanks for keeping the lazy informed, TEOT. Funny how men-folk see the word "hole" and jump to fill it with whatever's metaphorically handy.

As far as the point which Big Banged into all we see, could it be everything is "entangled" with everything else? It would explain a few things, like "spooky action at a distance."

The more one learns about physics, the more magical it all is... just because we identify and name something, doesn't mean it isn't cool as heck and plain weird!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There's your dark matter, right there.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm replying to myself here.
What if they have equal and opposite suck?
Is this how Big-Bangs happen?
edit on 5-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

In a more general chit chat, speculative thread, here is what I speculated...

Each galaxy has a SMBH at its center; it is like the regulator of the galaxy. Each particle is entangled with it in some way and in some time (recent, distant past, at the galaxy's birth, etc). Because they did this at various times it looks totally random, especially to us naked monkey men! Each galaxy would have its own "Schumann resonance" or "vibe" (if you want to be all groovy about it) encasing it. No dark matter needed because the galaxy is a whole entity, like its own atom which moves as one.

...that is where I take a turn into left field a bit further and say that if we can somehow mask or shield ourselves off, we would probably start to float! (i.e., that is how to make "anti-gravity", or at least one form that would look like antigravity).

But of course, that is just crazy talk!

And yeah, I like how puffy our heads get with self-congratulatory pride only to be knocked off our pedestal when mother nature provides us something new and novel!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Let's give each black hole a name and start laying bets.
My money is on Jethro.
Yeah, I just named a newly discovered black hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join