It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being listened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I read a post about someone asking if cellphones has the ability to "listen" to us. I'm very open minded about the things that technology can do it on this days. I really think that there is an unknown technology out there, but as to how effective it is? I think that there are a lot of experiments running loose in the open without any of us knowing.
Having said that my experience with this technology raise a flag on my already screwed mind.
The other night me and my wife were talking as usual, then she ask me about finding her some information. So I took my cell and just before I typed anything she took her cellphone and open it to look at her FB, and right there was what she was looking for.
She stare at me with disbelieved, I just said to her: we're being watched.

What do you think about it?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Modern surveillance technology is far beyond what most would like to imagine.
I'm a little creeped out by the automatic flushing urinals.
How does it know when I'm through peeing?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Its insiduously straightforward.

Code in the programs on your phone activate your phone microphone. Normally, you do this by executing a program like the phone or a voice recorder. From your experience, it sounds as though Facebook has code that will serrupticiously turn your microphone on.

I'd advise reading an apps access rights when you install it and know what it will and will not do on your phone.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Its insiduously straightforward.

Code in the programs on your phone activate your phone microphone. Normally, you do this by executing a program like the phone or a voice recorder. From your experience, it sounds as though Facebook has code that will serrupticiously turn your microphone on.

I'd advise reading an apps access rights when you install it and know what it will and will not do on your phone.

When I wrote "in my already screwed mind" it means that I already took all those precaution. I have no doubt that they are listening, but able to respond that fast?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its a combination of things. Algorithms and addresses. Time even. Its amazing and distusting.
Hey im gonna get a cheeseburger. D#it mcdonalds popped up. I meant a 16$ cheeseburger.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

There is a little battery that gets activated above a certain temperature, like 98 degrees. Then, it waits until that temp drops off which is it's signal you are done.

D@mn battery dies, and you have to press the button on top to flush.

@OP, that is very creepy. My coworker's phone sends out meeting reminders and judges when to send out the reminder based on how far away she is from the office! The "Location" function is not even on. The calendar reminders are turned off. She is not even logged into the Outlook web page and the reminders still sound! That is freaky.

That is too much "helpful" tech.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Too strange...
I was just thinking about a drill/driver set I got for Christmas from my dad who in his old age forgot he had bought me an awesome drill three years ago.
My gf just returned it to Home Depot for store credit last weekend. I never mentioned the brand name in any text or anywhere online.

I get on ATS seconds after thinking about it and the banner ad is the brand of the drill/driver set.

This has been happening more frequently.
Maybe we're already in the Matrix O_o

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

My phone is listening to me yes.

Think of google or alexa or whatever..

It has to listen 24/7 to hear "alexa, do this." Or however you address it..

Have you tried to kill cortana on a windows 10 pc?
Even updating many registry keys won't do it..
I have her half killed, and it will take some trickery to inactivate her further involving renaming files and modding things.

And yes sometimes things I say appear as google ads.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

If you both have Facebook and have your relationship status set, perhaps it targeted you through her phone if it has the FB app.

I'm pretty sure it does malicious things in my fiancee's phone judging by the battery use and data it eats up each month. She loves playing the sheep though...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What's even freakier?

When you have an old type flip phone - and that's that.

Happens all the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Any recording device with access to the internet is listening and has been for quite some time. The minute you sign a user agreement, you are legally part of this surveillance network. They have everything from your fingerprints to your voice.

Private industry can already make a near perfect digital clone of you and probably use your likeness in any way they want. Not sure about public industry, but I am sure it has had this ability for some time. They mixed Brave New World and 1984. We are now dreaming of electric sheep lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Too strange...
I was just thinking about a drill/driver set I got for Christmas from my dad who in his old age forgot he had bought me an awesome drill three years ago.
My gf just returned it to Home Depot for store credit last weekend. I never mentioned the brand name in any text or anywhere online.

I get on ATS seconds after thinking about it and the banner ad is the brand of the drill/driver set.

This has been happening more frequently.
Maybe we're already in the Matrix O_o

That happened to me once, just thinking and all of a sudden ads about the thing I'm thinking pops up everywhere. I have no doubt that that kind of technology may exist. The thing is that is start to happen to often, enough for me to notice it. I'm an auditor, I'm trained to notice any subtlety and patterns.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

How does it know when I'm through peeing?

Hint: eye scanners are a thing of the past

Now you are tracked by your junk.

top topics

join