It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Vatican Decries 'Religion Of Health' In Affluent Nations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

The Pope has been appointed, "chosen" by God. Even if he were not able to do any thing physical except pray that would be powerful and necessary for our world. This is a Catholic belief so I don't expect others to believe. I know that some Catholics would disagree, that is their option. But then again, if you are not Catholic it can't make any difference to you, can it?

I hope people understand that I don't have a direct stake in this matter and that my observations are not intended to express expertise, but to encourage discussion. I have heard that some in the Church have called for the Pope to step down. Perhaps, I am wrong. Many feel that the image of a debilitated man is not in the best interest of the Church, which could be interpreted as shallow. Some have pointed to the pedophilia scandal in America as a sign that Rome is not proactive enough in some matters. The Catholic Church may very well be the largest bureaucracy in the world and the ethos of bureaucracy is that no one person is indispensable.

I would say to you that if the Pope is chosen by God and if he has the power that you ascribe to him, then he is important to all of mankind.

[edit on 05/2/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Mahree

I would say to you that if the Pope is chosen by God and if he has the power that you ascribe to him, then he is important to all of mankind.

[edit on 05/2/17 by GradyPhilpott]

Yes Grady, I believe it is the truth that the Pope is important to all of mankind. All of mankind do not necessarily believe this.

If it is true that the Pope is chosen by God and has the power from God to achieve what God wants him to do, then we don't have to worry about whether he is able to do it or not.

I'm sorry that I am such a poor advocate and/or defender of the faith and the Pope. Discussion is good.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To Your Good Health

I read the article and it still doesn't make a lick of sense to me, and I really tried to see their point.

The Vatican may resent my desire to be in good health, but effectively wishing illness and suffering upon me is not the way to gain my support.

Anyone who promotes suffering and needless death is evil.

If these guys want to adopt support for evil, that's their business.

But I will never agree with them on that.

It's unfortunate to see these self-appointed spokesmen for God preaching a gospel of suffering and misery instead.

I thought that was the Devil's job. I guess they think he needs help in his work.

They can preach all the death and darkness they want, but they better be quick about it, since their day of reckoning will come soon enough.

Here's hoping they adopt a more reasonable and sympathetic approach to their fellow men before allowing darkness to consume them utterly.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join