It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on the Dawn of Sentience - a possible effect of the ingestion of Entheogenic plants.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Hi ATS,

I wonder, have you ever heard the theory that our ability to speak intelligible words & phrases evolved as the direct result of our domestication of dogs, perhaps up to 30,000 years ago..?

There are no actual records of ancient man, his writing, agriculture, and other pursuits, extending into the past before 4026 B.C.E., the date of Adam’s creation. ... Fossil records in the earth provide no link between man and the animals [whereislogic: as in the ape to man evolutionary storyline]. Then, too, there is a total absence of reference to any subhumans in man’s earliest records, whether these be written documents, cave drawings, sculptures, or the like.
The view generally accepted by scholars is expressed by P. J. Wiseman as follows: “All the real evidence we have, that of Genesis, archaeology, and the traditions of men, points to the Mesopotamian plain as the oldest home of man. Far Eastern civilization, whether Chinese or Indian, cannot compete with this land in the antiquity of its peoples, for it can easily sustain its claim to be the cradle of civilization.”​—New Discoveries in Babylonia About Genesis, 1949, p. 28.

Source: Man: Insight, Volume 2

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I tend to think that humans getting smarter had a lot to do with our ancient ancestors figuring out how to farm. So instead of eating meat all the time, they also had a chance to boost their diets with concentrated carbohydrates from grains and sugars -- also beer and wine. Carbohydrates make for quick energy boosts to body and brain, which may have stimulated early humans to think a little harder about cool stuff like their place in the universe.

I seem to remember hearing that learning to cook our meat also helped our brains grow bigger somehow?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Based on your theory, other animals also would have had this same experience and many did not (not to the same degree as humans anyway - except maybe dolphins?

Interesting then that dolphins are one of the other species besides man that intentionally gets recreationally stoned. The dolphins use puffer fish to get wasted, I'm sure you heard of it before.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: montybd
I believe the biology of the human brain first had to provide the means for the "chemicals" to affect the brain. The receptors had to be available to allow the brain to interact with the chemicals in the mushrooms or other naturally occurring stimulants. So where did / or how did the receptors come about.

If other species / animals have the receptors then they as well could have been affected. Otherwise the chemicals may be present in the systems of the animals but would not affect the animal.

I seem to remember that, spicy hot peppers are hot because it's meant as a self defense mechanism so that animals DONT eat it.... But humans are #$&* crazy man!

I wonder if Some of the things that get us high were also meant as a natural deterrent? And maybe that could explain how we have the receptors to interact? Just like we have the taste buds, and whatever makes people high off spicy food to interact with those peppers...

Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Language has always baffled me. What stimulus gave rise to language and communication...how could any humans survive together without communication? How could they interact together without communication? Grunts and gestures won't hack it, in my opinion, they just would not work to provide community and teamwork.

How does a language begin, how does it develop...who decided the structure, the sounds the formation and what the spoken word means? Then we get onto the written language and my mind boggles. It must have stemmed from one source and branched out. The fact that we have so many languages is a marvel of humanity.

We are truly amazing beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join