It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the U.S.A. secretly love illegal immigrants?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The reality of the situation is that our country is no longer a pillar of morality and principle to be looked up to by the rest of the world and we are proving it every day by enabling this demented and hateful man in the White House. Trump isn't MAGAing. He's making America awful.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I have been in the medical industry for over 40 years. I have watched the cost of services continue to creep up, while the pay for for the provider of those services continued to creep down. My entry job as a Graduate Nurse was $75.00 an hour, in 1979. The beginning salary for that same position today in some places is $21.00.

I share this because I no longer encourage young people to go into medical careers, unless they have a passion for it, and they know that the monetary rewards for their time, education, and efforts, will be very small. I am sure for many Americans, it is not that they don't want to do the work, it is because they want to be paid fairly for the work they do.

The problem, as I see it, is not the workers. It is the industry. I know we do not live in a fair world, but I can see why people are not willing to work for near minimum wage and no benefits, while the industry is raking in huge profits. It borders on slavery.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The reality of the situation is that our country is no longer a pillar of morality and principle to be looked up to by the rest of the world and we are proving it every day by enabling this demented and hateful man in the White House. Trump isn't MAGAing. He's making America awful.

If I am reading what you are saying correctly, America is already awful. You may feel that he is making it worst, but I don't believe that he singularly, has that ability. The best that he can do, from the way I see it, is to keep the ball rolling.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No he doesn't have the singular ability to make it worse. His enablers and sycophants are equally guilty for unleashing and not checking this monstrosity on our country.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I really hope you find a happy spot Krazyshot....I have a funny feeling 4 more years is coming!!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Wow. Thanks for the insightful and useful commentary... /sarc

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Wow. Thanks for the insightful and useful commentary... /sarc

I was just matching the earth shattering revelations of the comments you made. Sorry if I able to address your self described witty banter with nothing but .Gif's. Maybe you just aren't as insightful as you think you are....

4 more years!!!

#MAGA

edit on 5-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Good for you
#Nov6th
#Bluewave

See I can do this inane babbling too.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Good for you
#Nov6th
#Bluewave

See I can do this inane babbling too.

It's only babbling when your team doesn't win...But you should be very familiar with that by now. Because for you that's all it's about. Not the good of the Country or the people who voted in the President. You only care that the person you backed didn't win and because of that you will never be happy.

And I have to admit, I kind of like the Dems sadness and irrational behavior.... Your faux sadness and outrage bring me happiness....

So thank you Krazyshot, and others like you. I want to thank you for a great past year and the three more I have left. I also want to thank you for securing me and others like me 4 more years come 2020!!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No he doesn't have the singular ability to make it worse. His enablers and sycophants are equally guilty for unleashing and not checking this monstrosity on our country.

I would think his enablers and sycophants would be solely guilty if they have the power to unleash and to check the monstrosity, and they unleash the monstrosity and allow it to go unchecked.

I know that you think that Trump is the devil himself and responsible for all the ills of America, you can't blame him for not being able to get the water off the bathroom floor fast enough, when no one is bothering to turn off the faucet in the kitchen.

Trump may not be the best thing for America, but Trump did not make America what it is, whether you think it is bad or good.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: saint4God

Written on the plaque on the Statue of Liberty (and my signature):

“Give me your tired your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these the homeless tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

funny. i see some in accurate info there.
air is free isnt it? they alive they are already breathing free.
And. refuse? who wants garbage anymore?
we also have enough tired and poor. we cant handle anymore.
remove or amend the plaque.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
My take on this is.

Bring them in. Get them working and paying taxes. Make them sign paperwork saying they can't collect any aid until they have worked here at least 10 years.

Similar to when we start working for a company and don't get benefits right away, like 401k or working part-time/contractor. The principle sounds like a good start, the problem is the "one size fits all" solutions tend to be unfair in its attempt at being equal.

originally posted by: grey580
This is what they used to do back in the 60's. You signed paperwork stating you could not collect any aid.

I'm wondering what the reason was for the change since then.
edit on 5-4-2018 by saint4God because: Missed a quote

edit on 5-4-2018 by saint4God because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The US NEEDS immigrants. White people sure as hell ain't going to pick crops.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau
They have in generations past, and they fought for fair wages and benefits.

I don't think it is fair to immigrants to encourage the human trafficking type environment that exist in many of these places.

All over America where this is allowed or overlooked, you will find large numbers of people living in slave like or third world country like living conditions. They are trapped because they have no legal way out.

These conditions breed all kinds of troubles, including child abuse, domestic violence, drugs, and sex trafficking. This spins off into other forms of crimes and becomes a vicious cycle with no way out for those so entrapped. It becomes a burden on the local citizens and a hardship for all members of the community.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

The US NEEDS immigrants. White people sure as hell ain't going to pick crops.

Beg to differ Im white. i picked crops. Tax free cash.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Yes its why I was so thrilled with Trump mentioning trade skills in his state of the union address, we have shoved massive student debt down the throats of people that don't need it for far to many years.

Yeah, can blame the libs for that.

Let illegals in to take starter jobs and push the useless lib arts diplomas.

That's why they say americans won't pick crops, they were never had to do it. Summer job or not.

Listen to Mike Rowe talk about it.

I remember a Frasier episode where his toilet broke and the plumber he called ended up being the bully in school.
Giving Niles swirlies. lol.

Ended up he was making more money than him and had a better Mercedes too, much to Frasiers surprise.

6 figures a year is not out of reach.

Wish I was a plumber.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I understand what you are trying to say but the plaque is just a poem that won a contest.

The poem is not a contract, not a law, and it is not a free pass.

We should tear it down like a confederate statue.

The plaque.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
No government can stand up to its populace if they truly want change. People who sit on comfy chairs, do so because many shed blood to make it that way.

Sounds right to me.

This country people are fleeing to fought a war against another country and a civil war to make it this way.

Likewise Mexico declared their independence, but an undesirable government appears to have won. This may still happen here too.

Those who flee the US are mostly criminals who lie about why they left this country.

My opinion is a bit harsh, but it was formed after a family member was slaughtered by and Illegal in a sanctuary city. A man driven to the border by the Mexican government and helped to cross the border after being convicted of five brutal rapes in southern Mexico. A man who had assaulted three women prior to the murder and then let loose even though, according to the detective on that case, they knew who he was and what he had done in Mexico. Her death was the direct result of the weak border and scum bags who think her life was worth less than that of the Mexican criminal who should have never been here. Who they knew all about and refused to do anything about even though he had assaulted three women on the streets before.

This all looks very different to victims of this insanity, all for political reasons. Her death lies directly on the shoulders of those who want sanctuary cities and weak border enforcement. Her death and many others I'm sure, not to mention the victims of the drug cartels and human traffickers that people love to ignore.

I am sorry to hear and hope we all can agree that crime needs to stop at the border (if not before the border).

Only an incompetent government would not have policies to protect it's own citizens and only political insanity can explain sanctuary cities. Those for them are willing to overlook the victims as they plea for weak borders from comfy chair's.

Yes we do need a way for workers, who already have jobs and sponsors to come here to work as needed, but we also need a strong border and strong enforcement to stop the criminals, drug gangs and traffickers from making us victims. It's just plain old nuts to think otherwise.

Makes sense to me. Perhaps the government will eventually stop the double-talk, clearly define who should be here legally, and not make half-hearted attempts to show they're enacting the will of the people which is as you've described.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Written on the plaque on the Statue of Liberty (and my signature):

“Give me your tired your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these the homeless tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

funny. i see some in accurate info there.
air is free isnt it? they alive they are already breathing free.
And. refuse? who wants garbage anymore?
we also have enough tired and poor. we cant handle anymore.
remove or amend the plaque.

Clearly the art of the metaphor is lost on you.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I really find it frustrating that for 8 years we were assured that everything wrong with the government was Obama's fault because "the buck stops here" (a phrase never said by him) and all, yet with Trump everyone has to be vague and never directly blame him for any of America's ills.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join