It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home owner aged 78 arrested under suspicion of murder stabbing intruder UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You're entitled to an opinion like any other person.

Be pretty unintelligent to claim you couldn't have an opinion based on where you live...

Right?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

You're entitled to an opinion like any other person.

Be pretty unintelligent to claim you couldn't have an opinion based on where you live...

Right?

Then why the butthurt?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The issue is that a man was victimized by burglars, had to fight for his life, then was forced to kill in self defense. Instead of giving him a therapeutic environment, he was arrested.

In Texas, and most states with a castle doctrine, you'd be questioned then left to be with your family. Then questioned again once you calmed a little. Its pretty rare for home invasions that result in killing the perpetrator to end up in the victim being arrested or detained, from what i've seen.

Even with it being a business...i've seen shop owners run outside shooting at robbers, killing them, and not have to spend any time being detained over it. They are the victims of violent crime.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

thanks mate, really don't know much about crown law procedures, always a good day when I learn something new.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But your laws suck and need changed..

Yes, some of our laws definitely do need changing, exactly the same as the USA.

Like I said; people in glass houses.

It is my place to point it out from across the pond right?

Why is it you 'place to point it out'?

Do you have some divine right?
Maybe it's because you're American and have you have this misplaced assumption that you are somehow superior to everyone else?

Please elaborate and explain this.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Lol you guys keep telling yourself this is normal and ok. Its not normal or ok..

The guy should be given a damm medal but you arrest him.. Thats normal??

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Lagomorphe

thanks mate, really don't know much about crown law procedures, always a good day when I learn something new.

You are welcome.

I doubt that the whoopers and whompers will take their time to read it and the link in order to further their education though!

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 4-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase changed

link   

Its not only the UK it's every western European country. Europe is getting softened on purpose. Will have to think twice about consequences before one defending ones family or home, gun rights never existed or has been taken away, and even free speech (not hate speech mind you) could give you trouble.

edit on 4-4-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Freeborn

Whats going on in the UK? You lot need to get your country under control.

What's going on at ATS?
You need to start reading the whole thread, consider what people who live here in the UK have to say on the matter and think before posting.

After quite an absence from ATS it does in deed seem to me that there is a marked increase in US members who choose to criticise the UK and its members here on ATS at any given opportunity without giving any sort of considered or reasoned thought.

People in glass houses and all that.......

Yeah its a bit crazy when every UK member so far has explained that this is just something the police have to do and its totally normal.... no charges should be expected....yet members from outside the UK are talking like this poor old guy is going to die in a prison cell.

Its totally normal to arrest the guy who protected himself at his own home? You guys need help ...

Well yes....

Otherwise I could invite my mate over for tea tonight, stab him, break a window, phone the police and claim I was acting in self defence after he broke in. By your logic then I would get a way with murder. (the lad owes me twenty quid after all)

This is just due process thats all, its extremely unlikely anything will come of this

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

But your laws suck and need changed..

Yes, some of our laws definitely do need changing, exactly the same as the USA.

Like I said; people in glass houses.

It is my place to point it out from across the pond right?

Why is it you 'place to point it out'?

Do you have some divine right?
Maybe it's because you're American and have you have this misplaced assumption that you are somehow superior to everyone else?

Please elaborate and explain this.

Are you really that blind?? I am just making a point. I dont give a s### about your laws. But there is never a shortage of you guys in our gun law threads saying the same old BS..

Well this shows how much your laws suck and how bad you need to address it..

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The Army Rumour Service is chock full of advice on what excuses to make for the geologists hammer by the door, the kukri hanging on the wall and the keel bolt in the car.
www.eventides.org.uk... "I was examining it for corrosion, constable."

We shouldn't have to make excuses for self defence.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And that is all very well and good but different states have different laws.

I think the Texas way of doing it is just fine for Texas.

UK laws are not perfect nobody is saying that they are but I do think that the reaction of some non-uk members is deliberately antagonising.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes, please. We'd greatly appreciate it.

I bet you would... But your laws suck and need changed.. It is my place to point it out from across the pond right?

Yes, I am sure we are all eternally grateful for your sage advice. You certainly seem to have everything under control on your side of the pond......

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Whats going on in the UK? You lot need to get your country under control.

What's going on at ATS?
You need to start reading the whole thread, consider what people who live here in the UK have to say on the matter and think before posting.

After quite an absence from ATS it does in deed seem to me that there is a marked increase in US members who choose to criticise the UK and its members here on ATS at any given opportunity without giving any sort of considered or reasoned thought.

People in glass houses and all that.......

Yeah its a bit crazy when every UK member so far has explained that this is just something the police have to do and its totally normal.... no charges should be expected....yet members from outside the UK are talking like this poor old guy is going to die in a prison cell.

Its totally normal to arrest the guy who protected himself at his own home? You guys need help ...

Well yes....

Otherwise I could invite my mate over for tea tonight, stab him, break a window, phone the police and claim I was acting in self defence after he broke in. By your logic then I would get a way with murder. (the lad owes me twenty quid after all)

This is just due process thats all, its extremely unlikely anything will come of this

Would it seem reasonable that a 78 year old man had 2 "mates" over in the middle of the night while he is in his sleeping clothes? Once identified, i'd suspect that the old man has no criminal record and the 2 thugs do. Does that seem to support anything other than this man being a victim?

The reason i bring this up is that detectives who investigate murders should be able to do their jobs namesakes: detect. Like detect that the 2 parties didn't know each other, that the time and circumstance makes it look like home invasion and not premeditated murder. Etc, etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

And that is all very well and good but different states have different laws.

I think the Texas way of doing it is just fine for Texas.

UK laws are not perfect nobody is saying that they are but I do think that the reaction of some non-uk members is deliberately antagonising.

Only due to some folks having a "tit for tat" mentality. The crap we have to hear from you guys over our 2nd amendment is pretty ridiculous, in light of your complaint here.

That said...i don't buy into tit for tat. And won't participate in such things.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

His age does not matter.

The law should not discriminate, the Police have to treat this exactly the same way they would if this happened with a younger guy.

Like I keep saying this is just due process.

He will be out of police custody in time for Sunday lunch with his family, probably before then!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes, please. We'd greatly appreciate it.

I bet you would... But your laws suck and need changed.. It is my place to point it out from across the pond right?

Yes, I am sure we are all eternally grateful for your sage advice. You certainly seem to have everything under control on your side of the pond......

I am here to help....... M.U.K.G.A...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

In florida it is still against the law to have sex with a chicken, spit on the sidewalk and cuss on sunday I believe.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If you'd bothered to read the whole thread then you'd be aware of my personal opinion.

ThIs guy has been 'arrested' in accordance with due process in an attempt to determine the FACTS whilst also protecting his own rights.

He will not be locked up with rapists, murderers and psychopaths and will be treated respectfully.
Once a formal statement has been given he will be released pending further enquiries.

I'm aware some UK members like moralising in USA gun control threads - so what you are saying this is some sort of tit-for-tat exercise?

With all due respect, I don't think some of our US members realise just how over bearingly sanctimonious they come across as.

edit on 4/4/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I agree with you OSOTC and Freeborn.
This is exactly what will happen here.
Otherwise every tom, dick, and harry could get away with murder.
He will detained for a few hours, questioned and released.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join