It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home owner aged 78 arrested under suspicion of murder stabbing intruder UK

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's good to hear the old bill aren't taking any more action against the pensioner!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Would love to have heard their conversations with the Crown Prosecution Service lawyers.
That would be interesting for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

To have been a fly on the wall!! Never mind the reporters outside who also wanted in on the conversations, looks like most of Great Britain was supporting this guy!!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Headlines in the paper state

*Burglar killed by OAP was on police most wanted list*
Preying on elderly was family business.

Henry Vincent and his family made more than £1 million fleecing the
elderly and vulnerable.
The cowboy builders frog marched victims to the bank after telling
them their houses were about to fall down, using tricks such as displaying
rotten pieces of wood they had brought with them;

One 80year old woman was forced to sign over her £150,000 house.
A man of 80yrs paid his life savings for unnecessary work that was never
done
The gang even sent one victim a post card from Ibiza, where they had paid
for a holiday with their scam.

Although the families lived in council houses within a few streets of each
other they drove luxury cars including Mercedes and BMW's
The scams were led by the father and five uncles uncles. They were jailed
for a total of almost 30 years in 2003.
In 2009 Vincent (the deceased burglar) got a six year sentence after he and
his father charged a pensioner £72,000 to repair a single roof tile.
Police appealed for him as recently as January over a distraction burglary.

I reckon *Karma* got him

And whats the betting his accomplice was one of the uncles

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I felt quite sad reading that and imagining all those ripped off old people, what bastards.
Jury is out with me and karma, but if it is a thing then death in such a style would be appropriate in my mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to see this has all worked out for the best for the gentleman. I had a feeling that it would, but you never know these days. Now hopefully as some of our UK folks have said, he is getting any psychological and trauma treatment he may need for having taken a life, even in self defense.

Now hopefully they catch the other person who chose to break in as well, which would hopefully reduce the chances of retaliation against the gentleman involved in this case.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Some people see a hero...
I see an elderly victim who was forced to protect himself via hand to hand combat.

Why are the identities of the perpetrators conveniently missing from both articles?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
I see both, with a sad heart for him.
...the dead burglar's picture and name was on BBC national TV news earlier.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
Oh wow! That is some wacky stuff. You brit's sure are strange fellow's, and from those links.

Basically its saying that they decided to rob an old guy with a screwdriver? Whaaa! And one burglar went upstairs, and the other cornered and held the old guy in the kitchen! Struggle ensued and I assume that as per the law of the concrete jungle states, knife beats screwdriver any day of the week.

So burglar got stabbed once, and ended up dying. While the old man got a few pokes and is doing fine. And the other burglar ran away, presumable to get a bigger screwdriver, or before the cops came.

Everybody knows this, you don't bring a screwdriver to a knife fight. WTF! Who even thinks or has the silly idea that if your going to rob somebody and ruff them up mayhaps that its a good idea to bring a screwdriver as a weapon? Jesus billy bob H Christ! Is this the lost screenplay to a Monty Python comedy sketch? A sharpened pencil would have been a more effective weapon. And why would you put your hostages in the kitchen, were they have access to knifes? That's like this week in stupid, another poor unfortunate soul removes himself from the gene pool.

That can only be the logical conclusion to this story, somebody is pulling our leg, this story isn't real, its a comedic sketch? Right? The lost Monty Python tapes or something. Because it clearly plays out like a Monty Python sketch. And if so, then yes it makes perfect sense that then, as to why the old guy got charged with murder. Any minute now they will all run around in fast motion chasing eachother while at the courthouse or something.

But wait a minute, reading on there to the bottom and the other story. Another old guy, a farmer, who came home or was home, when some teenagers were trying to rob him, so he got his shotgun out and shot at tanagers, killing one. And he did 3 years in prison, only because the charge was drooped to a lesser degree.

Oh ya! I think that's one way to inform teens that you try to rob houses at your own peril. Or as they do across the pond, at both there own perils, as the guy went to jail for it to. And who knows what the other two thief's got, probably a misdemeanor.

But ya! I don't believe any of this. It's all to dam silly to be real. Its all clearly fake news.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wow do they have an old people robing and scammed epidemic there or what. That is wacky stuff, why not just jail them, and then have there equivalent of the IRS charge them for all those taxes they owed on all that recently acquired sums of cash they happened to come across when they get out of jail, plus interest. It is the civilized thing to do.

I don't know if one measly stabbing and consequently dying, is karma for all that. I feel like he may owe some taxes on it.

But hey, sometimes you just end up picking a fight with the wrong old guy. Kind of like this guy in this old vid did. Only involving more pointy things.

Professional boxer my ass, the guy didn't even know what he had coming his way. That's whats wrong with the world, were have all the professional knife fighters gone? Its a sad state of affairs if you cant stab people who attack you without going to jail, very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You can also be punched in the face just for standing on your front porch or yard, its not likely if both people are sensible, but it does happen. Like this poor guy. But yes, I agree, the police should not be so trigger finger. Some situations can be settled not by bullets, but good o'l fashion ass whooping.

Hashtag #bringasswhoopingsback.

edit on 1amSaturdayam072018f6amSat, 07 Apr 2018 01:36:45 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here is a link and quote from a UK Leftish paper " The Daily Mirror " but good pics and information. CCTV being fitted around his house.
Some of the face book comments at the end need investigating and prosecuted if found out to be true ? GRRR

Cherry pickers were used to install CCTV cameras around the home in a bid to protect the pensioner from potential reprisal attacks. Mr Osborn-Brooks, 78, was held on suspicion of murdering career criminal Vincent after he was found stabbed to death following his entry into the pensioner's house armed with a screwdriver in London. But the pensioner was cleared of the charge Friday and now there are fears for his safety.

"Officers have also spoken with the family of Henry Vincent who died following the stabbing.

"They have been informed of the decision and the reasons for it have been explained to them." Recently engaged Vincent, who is believed to be a father-of-three girls, was jailed for six years in 2009 for charging an 80-year-old widower £72,000 to replace a single tile on his roof which should have cost £50. Career criminal Vincent was from a notorious crime family and two of his cousins were jailed following a series of distraction burglaries in which they stole First World War medals in 2007 and targeted a housebound 90-year-old woman.

www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 7 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Here is a link and quote from a UK Leftish paper " The Daily Mirror " but good pics and information. CCTV being fitted around his house.
Some of the face book comments at the end need investigating and prosecuted if found out to be true ? GRRR

Cherry pickers were used to install CCTV cameras around the home in a bid to protect the pensioner from potential reprisal attacks. Mr Osborn-Brooks, 78, was held on suspicion of murdering career criminal Vincent after he was found stabbed to death following his entry into the pensioner's house armed with a screwdriver in London. But the pensioner was cleared of the charge Friday and now there are fears for his safety.

He is going to need the cameras ..... I dont think he will be safe in his own

home again.

The dead burglar was wanted for a distraction burglary (mentioned in my

previous post) Which is where an old person is targeted by a woman knocking

on a door in a distressed state asking for help for having been attacked and

while she is being helped (distracting) the house is being turned over. then

a stolen van honks the horn and she runs into it, and the home owner goes back

in to the house only to find he has been burgled.

They gang of crooks are all related about seven of them all having been in and

out of prison, by all reports a nasty lot and apparently the family motto is

**An OAP a day keeps r bank balance at bay.**

Disgusting vermin .... You couldn't make it up!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hopefully the local people will help protect the dude and run the burglars outa town.
Scumbags they are need locking up or hanging!.
edit on 7-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Don't know why anyone cares about a dead burglar.
The old guy is a hero. Just a shame he didn't get the other one.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
You can also be punched in the face just for standing on your front porch or yard, its not likely if both people are sensible, but it does happen. Like this poor guy. But yes, I agree, the police should not be so trigger finger. Some situations can be settled not by bullets, but good o'l fashion ass whooping.

Hashtag #bringasswhoopingsback.

That was quite funny. The wimpy kid had such a big mouth I am sure he gets beaten up all the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There's always a bit of blabber.

“He asked me ‘Can I have those rabbit runs?’ – to which I told him ‘No’.
www.kentlive.news...

I still see no confirmation on whether it was a knife or his own screwdriver that ended his life. Brit criminals commonly carry sharpened screwdrivers as dual purpose break-in tools/weapons.

I suspect it was the screwdriver and the spook controlled traitor media won't say because it doesn't fit with the proposed 'assault knives' ban.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Don't know why anyone cares about a dead burglar.
The old guy is a hero. Just a shame he didn't get the other one.

Agreed, I don't care that he died either.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

These people care enough to climb someone else's fence and leave their traditional hand-crafted grave goods.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shrine-dead-burglar-near-house-12332787
Cultural differences.

edit on 9 4 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Classy...not.
I'd be ashamed if say my brother was the stabbed burglar, as you say, different cultures.
In the next month or so they'll be down our way trying to set camp in fields and car parks. Farmers are setting up their big boulders at gates, and the council have height restriction barriers ready at all public open spaces which vehicles can access.
It is getting harder for those types.

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join