It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the bite mark may have infection.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I never have met someone that has had that so I really don’t know much of it. Let’s say that is the cause. Does that mean I have to see a doctor? Or is there another way?

You really need to have it looked at by a Doctor. They will provide better answers and treatment options than random, anonymous people on a conspiracy site. This is doubly true if it was indeed a cat bite. I was stubborn about doctors once too. The attitude of taking care of it in my own ended with a 5 day stay in the hospital on IV antibiotics because I waited far too long to have it properly looked at. Had I gone sooner, I would have walked away with some oral antibiotics.

Instead, I get to show off a gnarly scar on my hand from the surgery to remove necrotic tissue due to an advanced case of cellulitis. If I had waited another day or two my bass playing days would have been over rather abruptly because amputation of the hand was still in the table as a possibility even after the surgery and antibiotics.

Cat bites are no joke and can lead to some serious issues that could alter your life drastically. Doctors might be a pain in the ass to deal with but nothing compared to advanced cellulitis or blood poisoning. I had both because iRide got in the way of seeking out medical assistance. Don’t be a fool who becomes a test study at a teaching hospital for new MD’s because you’re just a new statistic to factor in.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hey man, common sense here, how you doin'? Long time no talk... Just wanted to say if its really concerns you to a level you actually ask about it on ATS, then go to the ER pronto, or you can cut it like you said you will thats all good too, unless sepsis kicks in, that case at least you wont have to worry about new shoes even maybe glows either...

sarc
edit on 4-4-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Sounds like you're suffering from cat scratch disease, a bit of toxo, goes straight to the brain and makes you fear doctors. Good luck...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I recon you have to choices
Pray over it with all your fait and belief (that won't work) or
Go see a doctor and get some antibiotics

I am a big believer in common sense

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
go see a doctor

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I don’t like doctors oddly given my job. But this damn bite may be getting infectious. The right side mark seems to show signs of infection. So what I am going to do is make a slight incision and use hydrogen peroxide one maybe two times to clean the wound. After that is done I don’t know if I should lay in bed or walk around? Does someone have somewhat of a opinion on this.

You have a subcutaneous infection, peroxide will only kill germs on the surface. Once the bacteria get inside the body they will spread. The longer you wait to go get treated with antibiotics, the more serious the infection will become.

They will clean and dress the wound and give you a prescription for antibiotics, some pills. Go now , don't mess with bacteria infections in the body, they can kill you.

And don't try cutting yourself , you'll only induce more bacteria into the wound.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

PLEASE go to the ER infected cat bites are SERIOUS. You will need antibiotics administered thru IV.

I know I speak from experience. My hand blew up after a cut and cellulitis infection, I was hospitalized for 7 days, and almost had to have surgery. Then a cat bite almost took me down, oddly that one didn’t show that many signs of infection.

edit on 4-4-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
go to the doctor

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

An infection is a serious thing. Slicing an infected wound open isn't going to make the infection go away. If you don't want antibiotics then perhaps honey with it's natural antibodies would help.

But honestly, seeing a doctor and getting a round of some sort of 'cillin would be your best bet.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OP, have you ever had a tetanus injection? If not, this could become septic. People die from stuff like that. Sepsis feels like getting the flu, only you will deteriorate very quickly if you don't get antibiotics in immediately. People have died from being pricked by thorns, depends on what enters your bloodstream.
I understand your stance of not wanting to see a doctor but is it worth risking your life?
It's up to you of course and it may not get septic if you clean the would and it isn't MRSA. I wouldn't fool around with this.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you are getting an infection around a bite, then you should see a doctor. You may need some antibiotics or a tetanus shot. What kind of bite mark is it, bug or animal?
edit on 4-4-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Hey man, common sense here, how you doin'? Long time no talk... Just wanted to say if its really concerns you to a level you actually ask about it on ATS, then go to the ER pronto, or you can cut it like you said you will thats all good too, unless sepsis kicks in, that case at least you wont have to worry about new shoes even maybe glows either...

sarc

He can go to an outpatient clinic, he does not need to go to the ER for that. There is a big difference in cost and copayment. ERs are for emergencies.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

you don't want to play around with this...if it is a cat bite..ooh they have filthy germ filled mouths....a small bite can lead to amputation if not taken care of......always wash with soap right away after being bitten or scratched by a cat.....you can take a marker and draw a circle around the infected area to track how fast t is growing... let us know what happened...good luck

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are right, I didnt think that part through. My point was really for him to see a professional before it goes fubar.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: research100
I am going to see the doctor tomorrow after I leave my last meeting. I do not see any signs of blood poising. I do have a decent sized bruise around the bite mark. That is most likely why I thought it was infected. Something funny that happened when I called my doctor. He asked how I have treated the wound and I told him what I did, He called me a stupid but brave. Anyways we are going to see each other tomorrow. I am a little worried I may freak out but I kinda did that to myself through a fear of doctors. I gotta suck it up and go in like a man. Also to everyone wondering why I used ATS to gain some insight on this matter is because I don’t use Facebook or anything else. I don’t even answer my cell unless it’s work. I had my little sister set up my ringer for one of my SIM cards versus the other. My personal calls must ring more than two times before I answer.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: research100
I am going to see the doctor tomorrow after I leave my last meeting. I do not see any signs of blood poising. I do have a decent sized bruise around the bite mark. That is most likely why I thought it was infected. Something funny that happened when I called my doctor. He asked how I have treated the wound and I told him what I did, He called me a stupid but brave. Anyways we are going to see each other tomorrow. I am a little worried I may freak out but I kinda did that to myself through a fear of doctors. I gotta suck it up and go in like a man. Also to everyone wondering why I used ATS to gain some insight on this matter is because I don’t use Facebook or anything else. I don’t even answer my cell unless it’s work. I had my little sister set up my ringer for one of my SIM cards versus the other. My personal calls must ring more than two times before I answer.

I am a fond believer in hydrogen peroxide on cuts. It seems to speed up the healing process. On some wounds I do use triple antibiotic on them. I also keep iodine in the medicine cabinet and use that quite often too, a little dab of Iodine does good on lots of things.

If you attend to a cut or bite quickly, there is less problem with infection. Sometimes that does not happen quickly though, sometimes you are not around things to clean and treat a wound. The wife and I keep bandades on us, I have them in my wallet, she keeps them in her purse. I have to change the bandaids in my wallet if not used about six times a year, they get all dirty and ratty looking on the covering.

Yeah, your brave for seeking medical attention after you know the doctor may say something for going so long. You can't go to the doctors for everything right away, that would drive insurance costs up all over, but you need to recognize when it won't heal on it's own.

I do like Mercurochrome, it seems to work well sometimes. There is only one manufacturer left in the USA now I hear, a lot of companies were making it wrong. I need to get another bottle of that, if used properly it works great. That product is highly regulated now because there were a lot of bad products out before which were improperly made and caused mercury poisoning. I will not recommend it for others, but do like to use it personally sometimes on cuts and wounds.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7
Honestly I have no idea. I think it was one of of my cats. If a spider was the culprit then damn that sucker is huge. Snakes are not common where I am at.

If it was a cat bite and the tooth penetrated deeply enough, bacteria or other infectious material may have become lodged so deeply in the tissue that topical treatments may not help at all. I had to have finger surgery for a rat bite that became infected. I strongly suggest going to a doctor ASAP- infections can spread quickly- if I had not taken action I could have lost finger, hand, arm, or possibly risked death.

GO TO DOCTOR

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
I recommend... Amputation. No anesthetic. Bite down on a slither of wood, and internalize that scream. Be a man. Cut that festering gangrenous wounded limb right off, before it affects your brain.

Much harder to amputate a brain, trust me, I've tried.

Ummm...I second that motion...matter of fact...if that first amputation doesn't do the trick...don't be afraid to lop it off a little higher up the limb...all the way to the trunk if need be...

Screw it...just break out the chain saw and cut it down to the root...

Now...as to that frontal lobotomy...I hear a fifth of bourbon usually does the trick...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: szino9

sarc

He can go to an outpatient clinic, he does not need to go to the ER for that. There is a big difference in cost and copayment. ERs are for emergencies.

My cat bite didn’t look as bad as his; and I cleaned it right away and bandaged with neosporin. I started to feel overall not well so I called my dr; I was advised it had to be treated at the ER. All around you, you may want to call first so you don’t waste a co-pay only to find you have to go to the ER.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I mean, how bad is the infection?

The worst one I self-treated was this: I brought a stray cat home once, and while I had him quarantined for a few days so I could take him to the vet (and keep him away from the other cats), he suddenly decided to bite me on my hand. Hard. Teeth went right down to the bone. It got infected, for obvious reasons, and it was swollen, red, and throbbing. Periodically throughout the day, I would squeeze out all the pus, disinfect (alcohol/peroxide, I don't recall), making sure the pus was gone and it was as clean as possible.

It healed.

But without knowing your own situation, it's hard to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join