It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the bite mark may have infection.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don’t like doctors oddly given my job. But this damn bite may be getting infectious. The right side mark seems to show signs of infection. So what I am going to do is make a slight incision and use hydrogen peroxide one maybe two times to clean the wound. After that is done I don’t know if I should lay in bed or walk around? Does someone have somewhat of a opinion on this.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh, that sounds scary. Hopefully you'll go to the doctor because I heard of a man who got bit by a spider who ultimately contacted the flesh eating virus from the bite. But I don't know if you were bit by a spider.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dude

Spider or snake?

Here's what Mayo says

Most spider bites cause only minor injury. A few spiders can be dangerous. In the United States, these include the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. Seek emergency care immediately if: You were bitten by a black widow or brown recluse spider You are unsure whether the bite was from a poisonous spider You have severe pain, abdominal cramping or a growing ulcer at the bite site The person who was bitten isn't breathing To take care of a spider bite: Clean the wound. Use mild soap and water and apply an antibiotic ointment. Apply a cool compress. Use a cloth dampened with cold water or filled with ice. This helps reduce pain and swelling. If the bite is on an arm or leg, elevate it. Take an over-the-counter pain medication if needed. If the wound is itchy, an antihistamine (Benadryl, Chlor-Trimeton, others) may help

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: added

Mayo
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: added linky

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You don't get flesh eating bacteria from a bite,its picked up from somewhere else. Try colloidal silver or manuka honey if u don't want to use drugs.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
Honestly I have no idea. I think it was one of of my cats. If a spider was the culprit then damn that sucker is huge. Snakes are not common where I am at.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

No, it was Jedediah Mullins and the spider's bite contained the virus. I mean how else could he have contacted it?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
Are those easily available at my local pharmacy?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Bleaching your wounds doesn't sound like a great idea

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yeah disinfect with alcohol or peroxide and see a doc if it doesn't go down or you feel sick.
I have heard you also shouldn't try and seal in stuff like that by using topical neosporin type medication,
But I am not a doctor.

Eww yeah read this, don't jack around with cat bite or cat scratches
About bites from article....

Cat bites can be dangerous both to other animals and to humans. In their mouths, all cats carry a large number of bacteria that are capable of causing tissue infections in bite wounds. One of the more common is highly pathogenic bacterium known as Pasteurella multocida. An infected cat bite wound will be red, swollen and painful, and the infection can spread through the surrounding tissues, causing a condition called cellulitis, or through the blood to other areas of the body, causing a condition called septicemia (often called "blood poisoning"). Infected people may suffer from fever and flu-like symptoms and, rarely, may die if proper medical treatment is not sought. Children, the elderly, ill and immunosuppressed individuals are particularly vulnerable to developing severe infections if bitten by a cat.

IS your cat up to date on rabies?
link
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: fixed link

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
Your right but I really don’y Want to visit a doctor. I would rather deal with the pain and clean a wound on my own. If my idea doesn’t work then ya I will go.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Does someone have somewhat of a opinion on this.

Yea, go to the doctor.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Go go the doctor before you play with it, if it is really infected.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I second Vector99.

You don't want to mess with blood poisoning, if it's already infected bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Post a picture

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Bleaching your wounds doesn't sound like a great idea

Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used as a topical disinfectant. A very good one, actually. It's probably not as effective as alcohol or iodine, but the upside is that it won't make you scream like a little girl when you apply it.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I recommend... Amputation. No anesthetic. Bite down on a slither of wood, and internalize that scream. Be a man. Cut that festering gangrenous wounded limb right off, before it affects your brain.

Much harder to amputate a brain, trust me, I've tried.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My opinion: the only thing more foolish than treating a potentially serious infection yourself is asking anonymous people on the Internet how to treat it.

Says the guy who fights going to a doctor tooth and nail... hypocrite, me...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
No can do dude. The pic may violate T&C. But if you look at the original pic the bite on the right seemed to make a bruise. The left tooth mark didn’t. That indicates to me that a infection is happening. I just got done soaking my feet and already cut in. Hopefully it is fixed but if not then a doctor I shall see.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

That tiny thing? Let's hope nothing laid it's eggs in there.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Double!
edit on 4-4-2018 by Peeple because: Double

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join