It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Coast mum sprays activists in Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The death penalty sounds way too harsh for smuggling marijuana to me, also you would think you would make more cash smuggling it from Indonesia into Australia and not the other way round. I can certainly understand her mom being upset at those activists, in fact I'm a bit upset myself that people there (hopefully the minority) would want the death penalty for her.

The mother of accused drug smuggler Schapelle Leigh Corby yesterday threw water over Indonesian activists who were demanding the death penalty for her daughter.

In a confrontation outside the Bali court where the 27-year-old Gold Coast beauty school student is being tried, Rosleigh Rose turned to protesters holding banners calling for Ms Corby's death, and shouted: "How much did you get paid to write those terrible signs? You must be a bad person."

She then sprayed them with water from a bottle.

The activists, from Indonesia's national anti-drugs movement Granat, arrived at Denpasar District Court carrying signs, one sporting an axe dripping blood. "The Death Penalty for Those Who Bring Drugs to Bali", one sign read, and "Quickly Execute Corby".

Ms Corby is accused of trying to take 4.1kg of marijuana into Bali in an unlocked bodyboard bag, and she could conceivably face the death penalty if convicted

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I saw the footage.

While the mother in this case should obviously be distressed, she didn't do her local profile much good at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The Australian: 'Hysterical' Corby collapses

A DOCTOR is examining an "hysterical" Schapelle Corby in a packed Bali court after she collapsed in the witness chair today.

The collapse forced her trial on drug trafficking charges to be temporarily suspended on one of the most important days of the hearing.

The Denpasar District Court had expected to hear today if prosecutors wanted Corby to get the death penalty if convicted of smuggling 4.1kg of marijuana into Bali last October.

join