It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prestigious US university hosting "Christian privilege" seminar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Yea, this snip is getting out of control. I used to consider myself a Christian, but I refuse to call myself one now because I am ammo for the cult of SJW or anyone else out there to use against them. I don't walk the walk and don't preach yet I still do uphold the strength of family and right and wrong. Wonder where the outrage is from the Vatican?? lmao

More Cultural Marxist nonsense brought to you by our so called system of higher learning getting government funding.....

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
First, it is the role of an academic seminar to have discussions on topics.

An academic seminar which applies a politically-charged word like "privilege" is carrying out a political role, rather than a purely academic role.
In the modern world, "privilege" means something that ought not to exist, yes? Something that ought to be taken away?
So any attempt to identify "privilege" is creating a political agenda; it involves defining a list of things that need to attacked, perhaps considering ways to approach the problem.
Anyone who is being discussed as a beneficiary of "privilege" should at least be curious about the exact nature of the intended threat.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How is this even a topic here? Christians meet. Been happening forever. JW's do it 3 times a year:

www.jw.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I used to consider myself a Christian, but I refuse to call myself one now

If I remember correctly, Judas did something similar.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

He whole “privilege” myth has gotten out of hand. Not only is it ridiculous, but it is a racist, supremacist and nationalist doctrine that has enjoyed mainstream support.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

is that any different than me saying I would never vote for someone who was running on a hard dominionist platform?

we are each free to vote as we wish, hopefully for what we believe is best for the entire country.
hopefully, enough of the country know that a theocracy isn't what is best for our country.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just yesterday had a buisness communications professor specifically say “if you are active in your church. Put that on your resume.”

I’m not saying it is right or fair.. just that tribalism is a part of hunan nature..

If someone is your same religion. That increases to chance of them viewing you as one of their tribe.

Then that gets magnified the more of the population is a member of that tribe.. creating a snowball effect.

However, I only think it is likely truely negative is for fundamentalist.

Someone who is a Christian, but doesn’t think about religion much and was really just raised that way. Isn’t gonna discriminate much.

Imho that is likely the problem with most things, but DEFINITELY is with religion..

People pretending like they know things that are unknowable well enough to enforce that belief on others..

If one believes in jesus, and his teachings, but knows there is really no telling what was edited out or added. Then they don’t KNIW enough to go around burning witches..

They think witches are bad. So they aren’t gonna be a witch, but what if that part was added???? Or the part about there being good witches were omitted???

Can’t go around burning people when your not 100% sure..

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Strength of family and right and wrong are not Christian specific..

Belief that jesus is the son of god, died for our sins and only those who believe in him will go to heaven, is the central part of Christianity.

Example: if you live a perfectly moral life as an atheist/agnostic/jew/(fill in blank religion) . You burn in Hell.

If you live a life of sin, but repent, change and become a Christian then you go to heaven.

The central theme of Christianity “faith>works. “

The central theme of atheist/agnostics/Jews/exc is “works > faith. “
edit on 4-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's just an example of it. It isn't the defining evidence proving Christian privilege exists, but since Christian privilege has existed in our country traditionally (another example: there are quite a few Christians who will straight up tell you this is a Christian nation first) I see no reason to believe it has gone away just because 10% of the country is atheist now.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But they act tribal to think globally. Lol..

It’s an ingrained part of humanity...kinda like rape and war.

However, as technology increases our reach and potential for devestation will reach a tipping point where we either think as if all humanity is one tribe GLOBALLY, or we perish.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But they act tribal to think globally. Lol..

It’s an ingrained part of humanity...kinda like rape and war.

However, as technology increases our reach and potential for devestation will reach a tipping point where we either think as if all humanity is one tribe GLOBALLY, or we perish.

Well at least until we start colonizing space. Once we can spread out again, expect things to get hairy again.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Oh, I am sure that christian business owners would prefer to hire christians employees... I've seen it in action in the church that I attended. and, I got news for ya, they will spend their money in christian establishments before they trade it with those they aren't sure about. but, first they can't openly hire only christian employees, there's laws against that one still... although they are trying to make themselves immune to those laws.
and, well, an employer, if they chose to can play the same game, put the applications of the known christians at the bottom of the pile and forget about them... and face the same exact risks as those christian employers if they get caught discriminating against people based on their religion, or lack of it.

weather or not it's a big problem depends on just how many of one group decide to play the game and target the same group of people, if enough christian business owners were to do it that it became blatantly clear that those seen as not passing their religious standards were being put in a severe disadvantage, then the gov't would be obligated to investigate and enforce the laws. but, since they are trying to pass all these laws that would grant them this priveledge back, I can only assume they don't really have it at the current time.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

no, it's not entirely gone, but it's gone enough that they are doing all they can to get it back.... like making the claim that "we are a christian nation"... they problem isn't that there is a system now in place that is giving certain groups special perks according to their religion, the problem is that they've been working and making some progress in returning those perks back to them, which if they did get them, it would only be at the cost of others losing a little or their rights and freedoms. this would weaken our constitution and endanger all of our rights, including the ones that are initially given the special perks.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This comes about 30 years too late.
Christian privilege is the right to suffer for your beliefs.
Something on the rise world wide.
We were warned about it.

Baker man baker man roll it in a pan
Bake a gay wedding cake as fast as you can
If you refuse you will get sued
Baker man baker man money you will lose
edit on 4-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Agreed on this point. They certainly are trying to reestablish firm Christian privilege in the country. That is beyond obvious and is one of the reasons why the Evangelist crowd has hitched their wagon to the Trump train. Too bad wagons just get destroyed and obliterated when attached to trains...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Nice nit pick on my words.

I expect nothing less from the like of you Agentshillington!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

When Christ said, "Follow me" he didn't mean up onto the cross.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Nice nit pick on my words.

My premise still stands. What you said is very close to what Judas did.

I expect nothing less from the like of you Agentshillington!

You have no better argument than to accuse me of being a former member? We've been down that road many times.

It would be nice if you would learn to formulate better rebuttals. They teach those sort of skills in high school debate classes. Perhaps you should have paid attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So when is George Washington University going to have classes on Jewish, Muslim, or Buddhist privilege?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
First, it is the role of an academic seminar to have discussions on topics.

An academic seminar which applies a politically-charged word like "privilege" is carrying out a political role, rather than a purely academic role.

Sorry, anyone who doesn't accept that white Christians have an automatic leg-up in our Western society isn't paying attention. And the entire OP is a dog whistle engineered to provoke Conservatives and/or Christians. Seems to be working just fine.

edit on 4-4-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: props rule!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join