It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Facebook CEO says no plans to extend all of European privacy law globally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So, what this says to me, is that Zucker-Fu-- is going to continue to collect and sell everyone else's data for his own profit. There is no privacy in Farcebook. We all know that. There's no privacy with any of the big data corporations. Why do we continue putting out information about ourselves that those folks Hoover right up and store away forever. Our lawmakers are certainly fully aware. If there was any interest in protecting your privacy - laws would have been written well before these breaches of trust that have been publicly exposed.

He said the company wanted to extend privacy guarantees worldwide in spirit, but would make exceptions, which he (conveniently) declined to describe.

I hope someone with more writing talent than myself comes along and spells this farce out in such a way that it is copy and paste-able to a viral message.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think they are the sacraficial lamb for Goog-azon.

Willfully sharing your garbage is one thing.

Infesting all devices, smart tv's, these home speaker gadgets is the problem.

They are allowing Amazon, google, Apple into our houses, phones, cars etc...

All these tech companies need some serious class action lawsuits.

I don't think they are even real companies, lawmakers would destroy and arrest them, if they were.

It's getting stupid.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Sun never sets on the Wicked

🤲

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

i agreed up till the point you stated lawmakers will fix it. the greatest cause of all this countries woahs, is congress. f$#% the prez

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Zuckerberg gave an exclusive interview to some network last week. Said that he's toying with the idea of enabling a fee-based side of Facebook, integrated into the current free platform. Those who pay will have 100% privacy and some additional bells and whistles.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Screw FecesBook.
I tried it for a short time.
I was made to feel like I was some kind of weirdo because I didn't have an account.
Haven't touched it in some time.
Don't miss it.
I feel like I have sh!t on my shoe for even trying it.
My version of social media is speaking to friends, in the same room, face to face.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

lets just look at the logic of this for one second :

farcebook is NOT going to apply the laws of one political entity to every other political entity on the planet .

has that sunk in yet ?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I never said they would fix it, I said they would stop it if they weren't behind it.

added:

The privacy in peoples homes is one thing, but the privacy of private sector business would be threatened as well.

Imagine an AI calculating all transactions, emails describing future deals etc...

It's like the ultimate inside trading computer.

Too much power for any one group.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That is how they make money, if they didn't make money, they would not even think of having facebook.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
In all honesty, I've never really been able to get my head around the concept of putting all of your "business" online for people to see.

My granddad used to say "My business ain't none of yours, son, so it DAMN sure ain't nobody elses"". (or "bidness", as he pronounced it)

He dropped out of school in the third grade, because he needed to pick cotton and help support his family.

He was the wisest man I've ever known, so I just tend to stick with that.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Honestly,

If you still have social media at this point I have to ask are you narcissistic # weasel???.....

People in the know have said for nearly a decade about data harvesting, it has been "public knowledge" for a good few years now that it is officially happening yet muppets are still happy to plonk every bit of their personal life on this circle jerk.

I have seen a few interviews with the original top dogs at FB (not Zucker) and they are saying they wish it had never been created and none of them have any social media, what does that tell you...

Everything you need to know.......

RA

edit on 4-4-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2018 by slider1982 because: removed comment I could not justify

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

That's a pretty arrogant and ignorant statement. People with high IQ's understand the importance of networking.

Some of us have friends and family 2000+ miles away, and use it to communicate.

It's not just a narcissistic mini me show for some people.

My wife uses it. I do not. It's too full of advertising spam garbage.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Indeed I possibly am,

However when you have it confirmed that they are using everything you put on there for "their" own gains and it is causing massive social issues and mental health problems I struggle to see how anyone can argue at this point that it is anything but a social experiment that has totally gone out of control..

www.theguardian.com...

Suicides, Lynchings, mental health problems of many guises to name just a few impacts and because the human Ego wants to impress others.

Tip of the iceberg??

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Luckily the younger generation are either leaving FB in droves or are simply bypassing it, if you want to stay in contact with people anywhere in the world there are copious apps that do it for free and all you need is a phone and number, not a platform that is constantly pushing for more and more personally data..

www.recode.net...

How many people are in prison for a off the cuff comment made on FB, it should ring alarm bells that you cannot erase data that you put on there.. Someones views at 18 will more than likely be very different by the time they are 30 yet the contents is still there stored forever to used..

If people are happy to continue using it then great go for it but know that everything can and will be used against you if it is needed to be...

EDIT:: Out of respect I removed the comment as it was something I could not justify or substantiate (Peace in the middle east)......

RA

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
So, what this says to me, is that Zucker-Fu-- is going to continue to collect and sell everyone else's data for his own profit.

Zuckerberg isn't going to continue to collect everyone' data for profit...
Everyone's agreeing to give Facebook their personal data for profit under their own volition.

There's a big difference. Zuckerberg can't get your info unless you hand it to him without firing the neurons in the brain first...

And for those claiming networking or family communication abroad, what did we do prior to Facebook? We communicated. Facebook simply makes it easier but at a cost; your privacy.

Use it ,give your info and shut up, or don't use it and shut up
edit on 4-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Facebook is data harvesting operation of clowns in murica (In Q Tel). It is feeding (with Twitter, Google and other data sources) Sentient World Simulation. Every interaction with such platforms is feeding literal beast.

As data collection is Fcbk primary reason of existence it has to be axed completely - no reform is possible.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Bashers..your lack of imagination has somehow loaded you full of an arrogance that astounds me.

FB and other social media isnt just for the folks who put everything up in exchange for either validation of their ego or cash. There are people like my mom and wife who keep in touch with family from far flung places. Share moments of interest, like my sis sharing pics of my nephew so we can see him in his costume.

Or me and my son who enjoy realpy messed up humor/memes, and dog videos.

Businesses and orgs have pages to engage the public.

Its a tool that people use. Not everyone uses a butterknife to only cut butter.

Someone will provide this resource...zucc or not. We are highly socialized primates afterall.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good point.

There should be no humbug about privacy when someone or some Corp is giving you free access to their service.
This is where we are headed, privacy will be a thing of the past in about 100 years...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

This is where we are headed, privacy will be a thing of the past in about 100 years...

More like 10 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join