It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller reportedly tells Trump’s lawyers president not criminal target

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly told President Trump’s attorneys that he is not a criminal target of his probe, but he still wants to interview him to wrap up his investigation.

Citing “three people familiar with the discussions,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday evening that Mr. Mueller told the president’s attorneys that his actions are a “subject” of the investigation. But the special counsel told them he does not think there is enough evidence to bring charges.

click link for article..

Liberal melt down in ...

Boom.

If Trump is not a target then Muellers investigation is done and over with. I would also point out the media outlet reporting this is the Washington Compost. An avid Trump hater.

There is no reason for Trump to do the interview with Mueller.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yeah, that sounds like a dirty Mueller trick to me. Because as you said, if he is not under criminal investigation, then there is zero reason for Trump to do the interview. I don't trust that bulldog-faced Mueller for one second.
edit on 3-4-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Yeah, that sounds like a dirty Mueller trick to me.

Agreed.. However there is no reason for Trump to do the interview with Mueller. Mueller apparently has nothing. Why let him continue trolling for a non existent crime.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ye, we need to proceed with caution.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agreed. I hit post before I was finished with that last post. I just added exactly what you said.

I hope Trump won't fall for it!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Hope this all ends soon . Still got the prosecutor in Utah and have no idea when that will end . I am guessing the IG report is finished , hope they make it public soon . I think there is lots of information in that report , but some of it we already know .

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Hope this all ends soon . Still got the prosecutor in Utah and have no idea when that will end . I am guessing the IG report is finished , hope they make it public soon . I think there is lots of information in that report , but some of it we already know .

The prosecutor in Utah is reviewing the info turned up in the IG report on FISA abuses and what not. The proper procedure before assigning a special counsel is to assign a prosecutor to review all evidence and then make a determination on recommending a SC or not recommending one.

That process was skipped in Meuller's case.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Sounds like Mueller has something in the back of his head.

He's honey-potting Trump, massaging his ego a bit. I would love to see Trump speak under oath. ...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Sounds like Mueller has something in the back of his head.

He's honey-potting Trump, massaging his ego a bit. I would love to see Trump speak under oath. ...

Thats just it.. He has no case so the last ditch effort is to interview him and then go for lying under oath.

I still say Trump needs to ignore Mueller now. He has nothing to prove to him. Meuller has had plenty of times to dredge up a charge ad failed.

I also think Mueller is doing this now before a judge rules on Manaforets motion to have all charges dismissed or before the judge in Flynns case makes a ruling.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's a short walk from "subject" to "suspect". Wouldn't out too much weight into this. He's still a subject in a Federal investigation.
Though it clearly means they lack a smoking gun, or perhaps even a documented crime. It's not good news for the Mueller investigation, but it really isn't any great news for Trump either.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So they've decided to finish it soon , before it gets too late . ? .

a reply to: RadioRobert

it really isn't any great news for Trump either.
Oh, yes it is ! He won't be facing criminal charges , wouldn't you be glad ? But his lawyers have still got their doubts . Some people still want the Russians to be properly put to bed too . Now's the chance .
He isn't going to join the list of fugitives , apparently not , lol. He's had to deny he hasn't been worried about it for ages , but his attorneys still aren't sure . It comes back to the Attorney General's decisions . on both sides of the pond .

Lisa C. Page (departed): DOJ trial attorney in the FBI's Criminal Division Organized Crime Section; formerly an attorney in the office of the FBI general counsel.[49] Her departure from the team was reported in late September 2017.[60]

He is less likely to be charged with crimes since she's gone : no mention of a replacement either . Another of Mueller's team (departed)

Peter Strzok (departed): a veteran counterintelligence investigator. He departed from the team in late July 2017, reportedly for exchanging anti-Trump and pro-Hillary Clinton text messages with a colleague prior to Mueller's investigation.[63][64][65]

So this happened after they had Steele in . And by the dates in this article , we were put way behind The Times .

The New Yorker reported on March 5, 2018 that Christopher Steele spoke with Mueller's investigators in September 2017. The magazine asserts that Steele discussed another document he had authored in November 2016—after the Steele dossier—that describes discussions "a senior Russian official" had heard inside the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: that the Kremlin had asked Trump "through unspecified channels" to not appoint Mitt Romney as Secretary of State.[230][231] As a presidential candidate in 2012, Romney described Russia as "our number one geopolitical foe."[232] After publicly considering Romney as Secretary of State, Trump ultimately selected Rex Tillerson, who has a long history of business dealings in Russia and was awarded the Order of Friendship by Vladimir Putin in 2013.[233]

and

Sean Hannity, a strong supporter of Trump, has been a vocal and persistent critic of the Mueller investigation on his Fox News television show and syndicated radio program. He has called the investigation a "witch hunt" and described Mueller as "corrupt, abusively biased and political."[311][312] Hannity has asserted that the investigation arose from an elaborate, corrupt scheme involving Hillary Clinton;[313] the Steele dossier (which he asserts is completely false, although parts of it have been reported as verified[314])

The wiki pages have been updated of course . But they don't specify why the organised crime and counter-intelligence aspects of the Special Counsel investigation were earlier compromised , or if they were suitably replaced .

edit on 4-4-2018 by ZIPMATT because: Mueller

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly told President Trump’s attorneys that he is not a criminal target of his probe, but he still wants to interview him to wrap up his investigation.

Citing “three people familiar with the discussions,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday evening that Mr. Mueller told the president’s attorneys that his actions are a “subject” of the investigation. But the special counsel told them he does not think there is enough evidence to bring charges.

click link for article..

Liberal melt down in ...

Boom.

If Trump is not a target then Muellers investigation is done and over with. I would also point out the media outlet reporting this is the Washington Compost. An avid Trump hater.

Why would he meet with them at all now?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Oh, yes it is ! He won't be facing criminal charges , wouldn't you be glad ?

It means they don't have enough to charge him with a particular crime at the moment. So that's good, but could change if they find something tomorrow. The whole point of the witch hunt is still to find something/anything to pin on him, though. They aren't going to stop trying.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

click link for article..

Liberal melt down in ...

Boom.

Why would he meet with them at all now?

He wouldn't/shouldn't. Why give them anything? They have nothing so far. Let them keep looking. Don't take the chance of having your words twisted in an interview, or saying something that looks bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

He should do what everyone else in that situation does, give them a dose of the 5th, then when it is over write a book.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

But he said he IS STILL under criminal investigation and that he is a subject in that investigation AND Mueller is preparing a report on obstruction of justice. He just needs trump to determine intent. Although it's not necessary to get that precisely from trump. There is already plenty to suggest what his intent was when he fired James Comey. Trump should go talk to him. Lol. I really hope he does.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The proper procedure before assigning a special counsel is to assign a prosecutor to review all evidence and then make a determination on recommending a SC or not recommending one

Funny they didn't do that before assigning Mueller.

Trump fired Comey and boom Mueller is appointed.
So don't know where you're getting your information on what the procedure is but it's not what you outlined above...obviously.

Most notably, although the decision to appoint a special prosecutor was still made by the attorney general, the actual selection of the special prosecutor was made by a three-judge panel

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Nothing about any pre- investigation before a special counsel is appointed.
edit on 442018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Don't fall for it Mr. President!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Agreed.. However there is no reason for Trump to do the interview with Mueller. Mueller apparently has nothing. Why let him continue trolling for a non existent crime.

So if he is not a target. still a subject though. a subject becomes a target later.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So, "Russia" colluded with some bloggers. That is the fruit of this sham witch hunt.

Thats the take away....since there is no crime attached to the reason for the investigations to begin with.

Yeah, no. Now I want investigations into why these investigations got as far as they did without a shred of a reason for their existence.

This isnt over. Now, this is forever. It went too far.

Dont be shy now. Lets get some criminal charges and political throwback in this mother.

No one retires now.

edit on 4 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join