It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Catholicism FAKE CHRISTIANITY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thanks but i've heard every explanation of the trinity you can possibly give...

Its still not in the book... Paul didn't believe in a trinity, Nor did Jesus or any of his followers

1John 5:7 is an addition to the text... So is Mat 28:19... and without said verses the trinity falls apart, which is does anyways because "triune" means three equal Beings... ( that are one) and There is NO doctrine of equality in any of Jesus' words... only Subordinance

And i know you'll drone on about him going to heaven when he became Fully God once again... but its just not biblical, its dogma created to reaffirm something that is non existence in the book

interestingly enough i believe that revelation was actually added to the canon of the bible because it says Jesus is God... Just after the trinity was solidified in Christianity's Rule book

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
interestingly enough i believe that revelation was actually added to the canon of the bible because it says Jesus is God... Just after the trinity was solidified in Christianity's Rule book

Agree. And there may be more conspiracies involved. Modern Syriac and Orthodox Church still do not approve revelation for liturgical use.

My view still stand with Alexandrian Bishop Dionysius,
"Some before us have set aside and rejected the book altogether, criticizing it chapter by chapter, and pronouncing it without sense or argument, and maintaining that the title is fraudulent. For they say that it is not the work of John, nor is it a Revelation, because it is covered thickly and densely by a veil of obscurity.”
www.patheos.com...

And I still think, John of Patmos claim that he was "in spirit" as a sign of hallucination.

edit on 16-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yes we all know the word Trinity is not in the AKJV. However I was just showing from two points you are not seriously and intellectually considering with Bible verses that show it and prove it. The "These three are one" is a "Trinity Phrase". And the Godhead is a "Trinity Term" with Nature proving it just as scriptures are said they do. And that if God made us in their Image, then we like them have a trinity in us, Body, Soul and Spirit.

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: . . .

And you proven the Bible true once again when it says, "hearing they hear not and seeing they see not". You have proven once again you do not believe the Bible and like I said you are a Bible denier and a Bibliophobe.

edit on 16-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Again... 1 john 5:7 was an addition to the text... So "These three are one" means nothing... it wasn't part of the text

IT goes more like this

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Godhead does not equal trinity... And Paul wasn't familiar with a trinity... so obviously he wasn't referring to said non existent triune god when he said Godhead.

And the verse In genesis wasn't referring to a trinity either....

Sure Elohim can be Plural...

It CAN NOT be three equals one... or three that are one... SO no trinity there either.... sorry

And you proven the Bible true once again when it says, "hearing they hear not and seeing they see not". You have proven once again you do not believe the Bible and like I said you are a Bible denier and a Bibliophobe.

LOL i don't fear the bible or its contents...

And im not Christian, Thus i can freely deny whatever i want within said book

Theres no trinity in that book... That is a fact... vague allusions mean squat because as i've stated previously, no one in that time knew of a trinity or triune God.

so ya... Failmuch?

Cheers

edit on 16-4-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

your opinion that is is, but seeing my Bible has it and my Bible is the only English version that has it regardless of what men say, I'll stick with God's words being true. God preserved his words in the volume of the Book called the AKJV Bible and every one of His words are true

Again saying such proves you have made yourself god in place of Almighty God, when it comes to His words. When men think they are smarter than God they show their true colors Bible deniers, Bible correctors, and Bible-phobic.

Thus not being a Christian proves only what has been said true despite what you say. Deny, correct and fear the words of God concerning what it says about those who do not believe it. However you will see soon enough and the fear of God shall fall on you and it will more than likely be too late to change your outcome.

Vague illusions is what you have about the Bible and the God of the Bible, Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Again saying such proves you have made yourself god in place of Almighty God, when it comes to His words.

Nah... I can't make myself God by saying a book written by men is wrong... or edited

No worries though, believe whatever makes you happy, Posting threats isn't necessary

You keep your idols.... Just typical crap from a typical Fundy Christian

Nothing new...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yeah first we deny its accuracy, we claim it is written by men so we don't have to fear what it says about men and thereby we become our own gods.

Enjoy life and the fruit of your labors.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Again... no fear of the bible or its contents here

It was written by men... obviously

And no one can become God by denying a flawed book written by men

Get over yourself

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

you would do better to KNOW FEAR, than to have no fear.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Fear i know brother....

Fear of your book, or your God is useless, and pointless

Empty threats from a non present deity... who has shown though your book that he/she/it is certainly NOT God

No brother... your brand of fear is nothing but dust in the wind to me...

I've studied your book long and hard... aside from the 4 books it has little to no value in this life

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We are not brothers, because you know not God or his Christ. Not one word of God will fail to come true, you body on this earth will be dust long before mine is and even tat wont sop what will come after you leave this earthly existence, a man without the mind of Christ and a hear after God cannot learn from God's Book anything except salvation, of which you have already denied. So your study if futile at best and ignorance of the highest order.

You continued study of the book means you know in your heart there is a truth you have yet to see. God will not give up one you until you reach your deadline, death itself on this earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

We must remember what happened in the past. It's not that Christianity became "paganized", rather, the pagans became "Christianized". It's the Christians introducing Christianity to the pagans and not the pagans introducing paganism to Christianity.

We must also accept that ancient pagan traditions go hand in hand with the culture. It is rather a difficult task changing the culture of the people overnight. It's only but natural people will slowly adapt to the new religion as they embraced it. There will be hybridization, a mix of old and new. Instead of Diana/Ishtar/Inanna/Isis, they named their old goddess as Mary. Instead of Saturnus/Apollos/Baal/Ninurta, they named their old god as Christ. They even appointed their Dagon priest to lead the new religion as the Pope, that is why you still see the Pope wearing a fish head Mitre, just like the Dagon priest. Even the Apostles were not spared and they called Barnabas as Zeus and Paul as Hermes and the crowd shouted with excitement, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” Lol!

It's not also surprising why the image of Christ does not even resemble a Jewish person.

I believe there are true Christian believers within the Roman Catholic Church. We cannot therefore uproot the tares, lest we also uproot the wheat together with it. Let us wait then for the harvest and not pass any judgement. They will see it and they will come out from this old Babylonian religion. For the sheep hears His voice and they follow Him.

edit on 20-4-2018 by sonofthunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree that they have let their pagan ways influence the practices of the church today. Though we are the church and not the building or organization.

But what really is seen in many of what I call the "worldly church" is that logical study is not so much an option as Emotion is. I mean most of these church organizations members are emotionally driven and not driven to study their Bibles as they should.

edit on 20-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sonofthunder
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

We must remember what happened in the past. It's not that Christianity became "paganized", rather, the pagans became "Christianized". It's the Christians introducing Christianity to the pagans and not the pagans introducing paganism to Christianity.

And now the real version of history and not the marketing version that favors* Christendom, not Christianity... (*: paints a 'better' picture of Christendom, the religions that profess to be Christian, and tries to downplay or distract from the Pagan origins of particular teachings, rituals and ways of doing things in Christendom that clearly provide additional evidence that it's part of Babylon the Great, false religion, as per all the bible prophecies that speak about the apostasy and related subjects)

The famous British Cardinal Newman in his essay on Development frankly states that his religious organization undertook "to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon-worship to an evangelical use" and that religion's many formalisms and knick-knacks* are not mentioned in the bible, but Newman claims "are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the [Roman Catholic] Church." The protestant systems of Western Europe and America recognize that religious organization as their mother and so speak. But that's a subject for another time.

*: Newman mentions for example: "The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, ...incense, ...votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; ...holydays, ...processions, ...images at a later date, ...are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the [Roman Catholic] Church."

No shame whatsoever. He doesn't even feel the need to twist history regarding the "pagan origin", just the truth of the matter: "For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14b) So how is darkness "sanctified by their adoption into the [Roman Catholic] Church"? "And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols?" (2 Cor 6:16a)

Newman also mentions in his essay "that they were moreover possessed of the very archetypes, of which paganism attempted the shadows; the rulers of the Church from early times were prepared, should the occasion arise, to adopt, or imitate, or sanction the existing [pagan] rites and [pagan] customs of the populace, as well as the [pagan] philosophy of the educated class." (educated primarily in pagan philosophy I bet)

Matthew 23:30-33

30 and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have shared with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 Therefore, you are testifying against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.

33 “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of Ge·henʹna?

Mt 23:13,15,23-27,38,39

13 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in.
15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte,* [Or “convert.”] and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna twice as much so as yourselves.
23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness* [Or “plunder.”] and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may also become clean.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you.* [Or possibly, “is left to you desolate.”] 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s* name!’”+

+: Psalm 118:26

26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of Jehovah;

We bless you from the house of Jehovah.

Psalm 118:26 (American Standard Version)

Blessed be he that cometh in the name of Jehovah: We have blessed you out of the house of Jehovah.

I know and accept what Jesus really said there at the end in Mt 23:39. Not to distract from the rest, but just in case someone wants to go there and make the argument that Jesus never said "Jehovah" there and doesn't even bother to click the * (which has a link under it with more information). Jesus was also pretty clear what effect this denial has.
edit on 23-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

...but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

Justice:

Jehovah's Witnesses, who were committed to nonviolence, refused to cooperate with the Nazi government, because they adhered to a doctrine called "political neutrality." Neutrality to the Witnesses, however, meant anything but passivity. ..., they saw themselves embroiled in a battle of cosmic proportions.
All major religions contain principles of peace and caring. Yet, ancient and modern movements of group violence have often succeeded in mobilizing the believing masses by transcending or subverting elemental religious strictures against harm-doing. The bloody echoes of the Crusades are audible to this day. Religious nutriments can likewise be found in the seedbed of Nazi genocide. The religious dimensions of violence stretch from the Middle East to the Balkans to Southern Asia and show little sign of abatement.
Meanwhile, the Witnesses endeavor to prove themselves to be loyal citizens of God's Kingdom, living in accord with its precepts of peace and justice. To the Witnesses, political neutrality is the appropriate position for any who would profess to follow Jesus and who claim the appellation of “Christian." - Journal of Genocide Research (2004), Vol 6, No 3, September, 319-342

Excerpt can be found on God's things and Caesar's: Jehovah's Witnesses and political neutrality

Mercy (and peace):

Faithfulness (discipline and loyalty):

Are You Faithful in All Things?

“The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much.”​—LUKE 16:10.

AS THE day progresses, have you ever noticed what happens to a shadow that a tree casts on the ground? Why, the shadow keeps changing in size and direction! Human endeavors and promises are often as unsteady as a shadow. Jehovah God, on the other hand, does not change with time. Referring to him as “the Father of the celestial lights,” the disciple James says: “With him there is not a variation of the turning of the shadow [or, “variation or shadow caused by a turning,” footnote].” (James 1:17) Jehovah is constant and dependable, even in the minutest details. He is “a God of faithfulness.”​—Deuteronomy 32:4.

How does God view the dependability of his worshippers? In the same way as did David, who said of them: “My eyes are upon the faithful ones of the earth, that they may dwell with me. The one walking in a faultless way, he it is who will minister to me.” (Psalm 101:6) Yes, Jehovah takes delight in the faithfulness of his servants. With good reason, the apostle Paul wrote: “What is looked for in stewards is for a man to be found faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:2) ...

What It Means to Be Faithful

“Moses as an attendant was faithful,” states Hebrews 3:5. What made the prophet Moses faithful? In the construction and setting up of the tabernacle, “Moses proceeded to do according to all that Jehovah had commanded him. He did just so.” (Exodus 40:16) As worshippers of Jehovah, we show faithfulness by obediently serving him. This certainly includes our remaining loyal to Jehovah while facing difficult tests or severe trials. However, success in dealing with big tests is not the sole factor that determines our faithfulness. “The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much,” stated Jesus, “and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.” (Luke 16:10) We must remain faithful even in seemingly small matters.

Obedience each day in “what is least” is important for two reasons. First, it reveals how we feel about Jehovah’s sovereignty. ...

edit on 23-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Matthew 23:38,39 (The Divine Name King James Bible)

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of ... ( Jehovah Psa 118:26 )

Minus the misleading "the LORD" since the Hebrew word for that phrase isn't used at "Psa 118:26". Denial will do someone seeking Christ no good.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join