It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Catholicism FAKE CHRISTIANITY?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Pope Francis recently talked about fake Christians. The problem is, is that the Pope's of Rome, are themselves, fake Christians. No, I don't say this to upset people, but that the fact remains, that a real Christian does NOT do what the Popes do, like covering up pedophilia scandals, or lead people to hell by teaching them doctrines that completely contradict the Bible (on purpose!), and adhering to the disgusting Jesuit Oath. This video talks about the doctrines of Roman Catholicism that and proves that they are un-biblical, but also provides the truth. To those who are Catholics, I know you might be prompted to protect the church in which you love, but I bid you, take especial heed, and please explain why is it then when relying upon the Bible supremely, Catholicism preaches "another Jesus".

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I came across that very verse the other day ("Come out of her, my people") and IMMEDIATELY the Catholic Church sprang to mind.

Catholics as Christians- your regular mass-going Catholics in the pews, are good faithful people. It's the institution of that church that is corrupt, clearly.

For a while I thought that perhaps the Catholic Church was the anti-christ. But I'm semi-convinced now that it's Islam. I didn't have thoughts about Islam one way or the other until I recently did a bit of a reading on the anti-christ. Someone pointed me towards learning a bit more about Islam, and it fits the anti-christ at every point.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I came across that very verse the other day ("Come out of her, my people") and IMMEDIATELY the Catholic Church sprang to mind.

Catholics as Christians- your regular mass-going Catholics in the pews, are good faithful people. It's the institution of that church that is corrupt, clearly.

For a while I thought that perhaps the Catholic Church was the anti-christ. But I'm semi-convinced now that it's Islam. I didn't have thoughts about Islam one way or the other until I recently did a bit of a reading on the anti-christ. Someone pointed me towards learning a bit more about Islam, and it fits the anti-christ at every point.

Catholics are lied to day in, and day out. Come out of her my people does indeed point to the Roman Catholic Church, but also all other false religions that the man of sin and his cohorts have been secretly infiltrating.

Roman Catholicism is the antichrist. Satan comes as an angel of light. Remember that. Islam cannot fit antichrist at every point, because a couple of prophecies, like Rome ruling over people for 1260 years is part of the prophecy about antichrist. Or that, as John said, "They went from us." In other words, Catholicism left true Christians, started the denominations, and Satan gave power unto that church to rule for as long as it does.

1Jn 2:18-19  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.  (19)  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As a catholic - I believe Pope Francis was calling out Mafiosi Catholics - ie, people who lead corrupt lives, dwelling in organized crime, living off the suffering of others while preaching they are good decent hardworking family people who have been transformed by Christ.

But you are right - Pot meeting kettle.

Catholicism as an institution needs a huge overhaul if they want to survive in this millennium. They barely survived in my opinion the Reformation, which highlighted so much avarice, corruption and immorality. If only Catholicism just went back to the absolute roots of Christianity... but then again there are those whose lust for power and social control who will never let go.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just more anti-Catholic propaganda. The idea is silly. There's an unbroken line back to St. Peter. That's the "real" church. The splinter groups are the fakes, some further out than others. I get that church leaders have done un-Christian things, but that's not confined to the Catholic priesthood. There is corruption in nearly any institution. There are plenty of [name your least favorite sect here] folks who have done decidedly unsavory things. Besides, there are those who think Christianity itself, no matter which sect, is all fake anyway. You mean to tell me that Jesus died for my sins and only through him will I get to Heaven? That is utterly absurd on its face. How can any person with an IQ above their temperature believe that crap in the first place?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Gonna go with the Dalai Lama here and say the true religion is the one that makes you kind.

If you are in a religion and it makes you hateful of your fellow mankind, then its the fake religion you are following.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Just more anti-Catholic propaganda. The idea is silly. There's an unbroken line back to St. Peter. That's the "real" church. The splinter groups are the fakes, some further out than others. I get that church leaders have done un-Christian things, but that's not confined to the Catholic priesthood. There is corruption in nearly any institution. There are plenty of [name your least favorite sect here] folks who have done decidedly unsavory things. Besides, there are those who think Christianity itself, no matter which sect, is all fake anyway. You mean to tell me that Jesus died for my sins and only through him will I get to Heaven? That is utterly absurd on its face. How can any person with an IQ above their temperature believe that crap in the first place?

Was it an unbroken line back to Peter, like the Pharisees could trace their lineage to one of the Patriarchs? It is the spirit that matters, the flesh profiteth nothing. Do you believe God is always with the Catholic church, even if she does wrong? Much like it is believed God is with Israel? These are common errors taught daily. If this church is of God, then godly fruits should be shown.

Please explain how the points in the Bible were wrong, as explained in the video, if Catholicism is truly that which is of God.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Gonna go with the Dalai Lama here and say the true religion is the one that makes you kind.

If you are in a religion and it makes you hateful of your fellow mankind, then its the fake religion you are following.

Many people are deceived as to what makes you "kind" and "hateful". Sharing truth is "hateful" to many people. But God's love says that you will tell the truth if you love your neighbors as yourself. Corruption must be exposed. It is not love to cover it up. It is not love to cover up lies. It is love to expose, reprove, and rebuke, for the greater benefit, and greater good, much like a parent does to a child.
edit on 3-4-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Add more.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Please explain how the points in the Bible were wrong, as explained in the video, if Catholicism is truly that which is of God.

I don't really have to do that because the premise is not true in the first place. I'm not suggesting Catholicism is "truly that which is of God" which basically has no meaning. I'm suggesting that Christianity as a whole, no matter which sect you believe, is basically absurd, but that Catholicism AT LEAST has an unbroken connection back to the original church, which the other sects do not. They have decided their version is better from a little political tiff, such as the Anglicans, to complete woo-woo like the Mormons, and all manner of Holy Rollers in between. For some sect to call Catholics "non-Christian" is like the pot calling the kettle black. Thanks for the entertainment.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
As a catholic - I believe Pope Francis was calling out Mafiosi Catholics - ie, people who lead corrupt lives, dwelling in organized crime, living off the suffering of others while preaching they are good decent hardworking family people who have been transformed by Christ.

But you are right - Pot meeting kettle.

Catholicism as an institution needs a huge overhaul if they want to survive in this millennium. They barely survived in my opinion the Reformation, which highlighted so much avarice, corruption and immorality. If only Catholicism just went back to the absolute roots of Christianity... but then again there are those whose lust for power and social control who will never let go.

Very interesting to meet a Roman Catholic admitting their church needs to be overhauled (as do many others, by the way). I used to be a Baptist, but they do not adhere to the law of God. I also used to be Seventh-Day Adventist (never official member of either"), but they have fallen into apostasy themselves. It looks like the churches are heading back to the way they began. - In the homes!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As an atheist I can understand the beef with the Catholic Church. However, one thing I admire are the Catholic Church's traditions and how the church is organized. A huge, huge difference from the protestant churches I've attended in the states.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Vatican is literally built on top of a temple to Saturn. Besides that and many other inconsistencies with what they do vs what the word of the Lord says. If you are Catholic read your bible, the whole thing too,not just the bits you get at church, if you do you will see that you are being lead astray,for you do contrary to the word of God.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me" - Exodus 20:3-5

Think on how Catholicism teaches praying to mother mary, the saints, and how there are graven images of the saints and Mary in Catholic churches,then read over those verses again.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

This means you can't reach Jesus by repenting to your priest, the priest has no power to absolve you of your sin,repent to Jesus and your sins are washed away.

I can only show you way, but it is you who must open the door for he who knocks.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." - Revelation 3:20

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seriously?

Examine the history -- Catholics WERE Christianity until 1054AD. If you were a Christian for those thousand years, or so, half of the existence of the faith, you were Catholic. After 1054, the "Great Schism" between the east and the west, you were either Catholic or Orthodox Catholic, depending mostly on where you lived, for another five hundred years.

Protestants, the anti-Catholics, only came on the scene 500 years ago, preaching a version of Christianity that never existed, prior to 1517.

So, who are the FAKE CHRISTIANS? The Catholics, who've pretty much stuck to the same theology since the time of the Apostles? Or some random Protestant group, out of thousands, who are Johnny Come Latelies?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Damn thats a name i haven't seen in years...

Welcome back

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Many people are deceived as to what makes you "kind" and "hateful". Sharing truth is "hateful" to many people. But God's love says that you will tell the truth if you love your neighbors as yourself. Corruption must be exposed. It is not love to cover it up. It is not love to cover up lies. It is love to expose, reprove, and rebuke, for the greater benefit, and greater good, much like a parent does to a child.

Ahh the truth
The truth is, biblically speaking, we are all bags of s--t. Point the finger at someone saying he is bad/doing something wrong/etc and you got 3 fingers pointing back at you. hypocrites will pass their earthly human judgment on another who has seen a different path without examining their own, which in turn makes their path inherently wrong.

The truth is, you don't know what religion is the pure perfect one that represents a freaking deity...you picked up a story you resonated with and decided thats totes the right one...so did everyone else, because unless you can prove its right...and the only way thats gonna happen is for you to be the deity in question, then you're just using "faith" (aka: wishes). As a atheist in regards to religious stuff, I can safely sit back and monitor all the nonsense of the various religions and simply point and laugh at the people that are slamming their fist demanding everyone else is hellbound but they got it right, so they will get front row seats for candyland

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

He doesn't cover that up, his projects are met with more resistance inside the church than expected. No everything is not great inside the vatican.
But pope Francis is wonderful.
I don't believe a member of a sect like the born again, or pretty much everything from and including protestants, can call anyone fake.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
Seriously?

Examine the history -- Catholics WERE Christianity until 1054AD. If you were a Christian for those thousand years, or so, half of the existence of the faith, you were Catholic. After 1054, the "Great Schism" between the east and the west, you were either Catholic or Orthodox Catholic, depending mostly on where you lived, for another five hundred years.

Protestants, the anti-Catholics, only came on the scene 500 years ago, preaching a version of Christianity that never existed, prior to 1517.

So, who are the FAKE CHRISTIANS? The Catholics, who've pretty much stuck to the same theology since the time of the Apostles? Or some random Protestant group, out of thousands, who are Johnny Come Latelies?

No doubt that Christianity needed Rome to ride on the back of in its spreading out. However, I do not view the Catholic Church as gospel Chsritistianity. When I read the Bible the Church looks and acts nothing like the Apostles said it should. It is Gnostic.

Christianity is personal for me now. I look straight to the book and relate to it there. I do not trust another human being to be an intermediary and in our age it is not really necessary.

Poop Francis has twice wanted to change Christ's message. Once was over the "don't tempt us" aspect of the Lord's Prayer and more recently he decided that hell does not exist. Well they did make up Purgatory before. Thank goodness we still have the Gospels. They are not allowed to mess with those because the Angel strikes them down with plagues if they do, even in this life. Jolly good show.

Pope Francis has zilch authority with me. He is just a guy who wears silly clothes who is nothing like Yeshua from Galilee in honour, behavior or anything else. Penny Wise looks more like Christ than he.

edit on 4-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

There's an unbroken line back to St. Peter.

Would you be kind to link the source? I'm interested and really curious. I understand, there are many original sects that were based on the apostles teaching in the early first century. But why do you think ( Roman ) Catholic linked to Peter?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It is agreeble. But I'm not intend to fast until my body become skinny and live in isolation at mountains just to suppress my human desire. No thank you. I hate overly discipline to my life.
edit on 4-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticalRogue123
However, one thing I admire are the Catholic Church's traditions and how the church is organized.

By "Catholic Church's traditions", I assume you mean, the Creeds, the Sacraments, the Magisterium, and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass?

Or do you mean deposit of faith through the church's magisterium?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join