It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller: Trump Not A Criminal Target

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Your first point is contradicted by your third. Seems my point there was fair game since it IS the Mud Pit and all.

Im not going to wade into the whole moderation thing here...but will point out to you that personal attacks are not allowed in the mudpit. Its states it in the sticky. If you want to discuss that point, just use the alert feature...im participating here as a member.

Actually it makes an assumption. CNBC doesn't know this any more than you or I do. Read that WaPo article I posted and get back to me. It is a bit more honest and covers all the possible angles with this news. Frankly, this is nothing to get excited about one way or the other. Like always we should be patient and just wait for the investigation to officially end before making judgement calls.

Actually, the OP posted his link for us to discuss. If you feel that the source is FOS, fine. But to the best of our knowledge the OP doesn't work for CNBC and didn't author that post.

Feel free to refute it, post links against, etc. But this nonsense of killing the messenger, on top of the absurdity of telling us we cannot discuss it until the investigation is over, seem ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im not going to wade into the whole moderation thing here...but will point out to you that personal attacks are not allowed in the mudpit. Its states it in the sticky. If you want to discuss that point, just use the alert feature...im participating here as a member.

Oh PLEASE! Pointing out the OP being dishonest with his reporting and proving it isn't a "personal attack". If it is, then ATS has fallen further in the credibility department than I originally assumed since we can no longer point out when people are lying. Forget denying ignorance. Everyone gets a say no matter the truth content of their words!

Actually, the OP posted his link for us to discuss. If you feel that the source is FOS, fine. But to the best of our knowledge the OP doesn't work for CNBC and didn't author that post.

Feel free to refute it, post links against, etc. But this nonsense of killing the messenger, on top of the absurdity of telling us we cannot discuss it until the investigation is over, seem ridiculous.

Speaking of attacking a poster... Instead of reading that article I posted you attack me instead. Hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm sure theres some super secret flipping somewhere going on, right? I mean there has to be, doesn't there?

I don't know about that. It appears to me now that if Trump doesn't incriminate himself, no one else has.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Im not calling it a personal attack. Im responding to your assertion that "anything goes" in the mudpit. It does not.

What I AM calling it is a fallacy of killing the messenger. The OP used a well cited source. If you dislike the source, take it up with them. DIspute it. But to resort to calling him a liar is absurd.

His "lie" was not using the exact headline. If you call that a lie, we have fallen further in the credibility department....

Speaking of attacking a poster... Instead of reading that article I posted you attack me instead. Hypocrite.

I did not attack you. I said your argument is absurd and ridiculous. Please feel free to dispute that. Thus far your argument has not risen above the aforementioned level of "ridiculous".

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You haven't even addressed my argument. You are just dismissing it offhand without any thoughts about why it should be dismissed. Pray tell, what is so ridiculous about that WaPo article I posted (and summarized its points for)

Particularly this part (repost from page 1):

It mentions that there could be several factors at play here.
1) Trump very well may be innocent of any criminal wrongdoing
2) This is just a ploy to ease Trump's fears and get him to do the interview
3) Mueller doesn't have enough evidence yet, BUT it could be forth coming given circumstantial and weaker evidence already collected
4) This one is the most important. Mueller may not think he has the authority to charge a sitting President with a crime due to a judicial ruling from the 70's. He could have all the evidence in the world to convict anyone else, but if he doensn't think he is allowed to charge then all he will do is write up a recommendation of impeachment and let Congress take it from there.

edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Dfairlite

He's readying his report on obstruction of justice. That's step one in suggesting impeachment you know.
He is not wrapping up his investigation and has in fact said he will issue his report in three phases.

This isn't good.

Do you have a source that's what Mueller is doing? Wrapping it up to suggest impeachment? Do you even understand that Mueller has NOTHING to do with ANY impeachment process?!?!? Sheesh... seriously?

Do you realize how dumb you sound when you suggest that????? Actually never mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Lets be honest: our engagement here began several posts before you posted your link to WaPo. So that is obviously not the argument im referring to. Look at the first reply to that I made...that'll help you understand.

As it pertains to your WaPo article....

i don't disagree with any of it. There is nothing that requires Mueller to be honest. In fact, the reality for most LEO is actually the opposite, and its legal.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Lets be honest: our engagement here began several posts before you posted your link to WaPo. So that is obviously not the argument im referring to. Look at the first reply to that I made...that'll help you understand.

Yeah and if you'll notice I've been trying to move on from it and you just. won't. let. it. go...

As it pertains to your WaPo article....

i don't disagree with any of it. There is nothing that requires Mueller to be honest. In fact, the reality for most LEO is actually the opposite, and its legal.

And that's the thing. Nothing about this news can be taken as validation of anyone's beliefs no matter where you stand on this issue. You can discuss it to your heart's content, but the fact of the matter is that we are just as in the dark as we've always been.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Same place as the "he's a subject" is coming from. Why do you always ask people to provide links you'll never click on instead of just looking it up yourself?

www.express.co.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.stltoday.com... ed87d6803bf.html

Here's a few you can ignore though.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

A good thing would be a witness.
A subject is still at risk of becoming a target. I think Mueller is dangling a carrot myself. Getting trump to relax maybe even insist now that he needs to talk to him. Appealing to that oh so famous ego. He didn't lie but he made it sound like he didn't have any evidence and that trump could "help" clear things up. You better hope his lawyers can talk him out of it. Because that's all that Mueller probably needs to seal the deal.

Between the Comey firing, his tv interview with Lestor Holt, his admission to the Russian spies he invited into the oval office, the midnight ride of Devin Nunes, the scramble for a script to explain the trump tower meeting with russian spies and the countless incidents of praise and leniency towards Russia and Vladimir Putin all Mueller needs is a few poignant questions asked in just the right way to make his case.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Mueller just wants to make a case his base will also accept.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

All very valid points including trump being innocent.
But I'm sorry to say, if he's truly innocent then he is equally clueless to what's going on around him. And that's pretty scary because that makes him Putin's puppet all the more.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A good thing would be a witness.
A subject is still at risk of becoming a target. I think Mueller is dangling a carrot myself. Getting trump to relax maybe even insist now that he needs to talk to him. Appealing to that oh so famous ego. He didn't lie but he made it sound like he didn't have any evidence and that trump could "help" clear things up. You better hope his lawyers can talk him out of it. Because that's all that Mueller probably needs to seal the deal.

Between the Comey firing, his tv interview with Lestor Holt, his admission to the Russian spies he invited into the oval office, the midnight ride of Devin Nunes, the scramble for a script to explain the trump tower meeting with russian spies and the countless incidents of praise and leniency towards Russia and Vladimir Putin all Mueller needs is a few poignant questions asked in just the right way to make his case.

And still not being the target of the investigation is not at good thing?
The only risk of being a target it seems is incriminating himself. No interview no target no recommendation of impeachment. You do understand if Mueller told Trumps lawyers Trump is not the target and is/was found to be it is another ethics violation by muellers team? You still don't get that mueller has to be completely clean in this process? No worries, there is a hearing scheduled for today that will show that. Something about a post dated permission slip or something.
Still no quote from trump about intent? Oh and mueller does not get that without self incrimination then does he?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It's worse than being a subject but I'd rather not be either myself.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And no dear Mueller said he's not a target at this time so if he finds otherwise there is no issue.
You seem very naive to me. Police lie to perpetrators all the time honey. All the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

All very valid points including trump being innocent.
But I'm sorry to say, if he's truly innocent then he is equally clueless to what's going on around him. And that's pretty scary because that makes him Putin's puppet all the more.

I'm really curious to hear what is going to be in this report that Mueller is going to be writing up. I think that will go a long way to enlightening us on the depth of Trump's shenanigans. Legal or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Its such a dangerous precedent that has been set, though.

The Federal Government has been broken by this. The next POTUS will find an unmanagable situation thrust in front of him/her. And I can guarantee that our best/brightest would never be stupid enough to run for that office.

We've forced the lowest common denominator into the worlds highest public office....and don't seem to really grasp the depth of the situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

Same place as the "he's a subject" is coming from. Why do you always ask people to provide links you'll never click on instead of just looking it up yourself?

www.express.co.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.stltoday.com... ed87d6803bf.html

Here's a few you can ignore though.

I don't need to read a link to know Mueller has nothing to do with the impeachment process like you suggested. I passed civics in Jr. High school. I unlike yourself understands how our Government works.

However to address your asinine comment I read all three of the links you provided and still didn't see ONCE where it said Mueller was responsible for the impeachment process. So again I ask you to address your comment where you stated Mueller was about to issue his report which suggests the President should be impeached. You are the one you made that SILLY comment so do you care to back it up??

Or you can just admit you have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It was inevitable. Hillary Clinton was guaranteed to be under investigation if she were elected too. Trey Gowdy promised as much before the election. In any case, we're here now and have to deal with it. Personally, I want to get to the bottom of all this because Trump acts guilty as # and it is highly worrying (even if credible evidence of his guilt isn't currently available).

We've forced the lowest common denominator into the worlds highest public office....and don't seem to really grasp the depth of the situation.

Blame Trump's combativeness. If he'd just be forthcoming, more transparent, or willing to admit to being wrong then he wouldn't have walked his dumb ass into this situation.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

i won't blame Trump for a problem he didn't create. He is a product of said problem, not the cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join