It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller: Trump Not A Criminal Target

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, here we are 18 months into the russia probe, 11 months into the mueller probe and theres STILL no evidence of russian collusion. That's ok, the left has settled for the witch hunt tactic of process crimes like criminal justice. But mueller killed those hopes today as well. Mueller has told trump's lawyers that the president is not a criminal target in the probe.

Here is a link

It also looks like the probe is wrapping up as mueller said he is readying his report.

Additionally, the newspaper reported that Mueller told the president's lawyers he is readying "a report about the president's actions while in office and potential obstruction of justice."

It looks like what is going to happen is they're going to try to paint trumps actions as possible obstruction but fall short of saying it was obstruction, because it's a weak case. The left will cease on it because it's something and something is better than nothing. The right will laugh in their faces. The middle will just be glad it's over.

I'm sure theres some super secret flipping somewhere going on, right? I mean there has to be, doesn't there? /s

edit on 3-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Trump will be a Russian agent provocateur and he will love it!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
💔
Broken Hearts everywhere now
💔

zee parti iz ovver

🎁🎒⌚️

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Their source is WaPo.
Yeah right, another one of these nutty news articles.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It is THE headline at msnbc's website.
Heads everywhere must be exploding.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Why did you clip the title of that article?

Mueller reportedly told Trump's lawyers the president is not a criminal target at this point

This thread screams of dishonesty.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh sorry. You don't like honest reporting?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh jesus man.

At this point. They want to wrap it up though...so at what point do you propose?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What are you talking about? I'm commenting about the OP misrepresenting his source.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"a report about the president's actions while in office and potential obstruction of justice."

Wait. That's the quoted article from the same OP and yet its clickbaity headline claims the opposite?

Everything banana or what? Kinda desperate, innit?

edit on 4-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Not sure what your point is either.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Just saying you have a valid point there, that's all.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
He's a subject.
That's one interview away from target.
Only idiots would think this is a good thing.
I know trumps celebrating. Lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

He's readying his report on obstruction of justice. That's step one in suggesting impeachment you know.
He is not wrapping up his investigation and has in fact said he will issue his report in three phases.

This isn't good.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah it is. Or almost.
This is just to get trump to sit down with Mueller. OMG you guys are as gullible as trump is. You don't see his lawyers talking about this do you?

Because THEY know being a SUBJECT of an investigation. (A continuing investigation boys and girls) is not something to celebrate and in fact is very bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm still holding reservations. This news could be anything. The OP is being dishonest with his reporting, but he isn't wrong. There are a lot of different angles to explore. This analysis article from WaPo does a better job than the OP will ever do on being honest about this news.

It mentions that there could be several factors at play here.
1) Trump very well may be innocent of any criminal wrongdoing
2) This is just a ploy to ease Trump's fears and get him to do the interview
3) Mueller doesn't have enough evidence yet, BUT it could be forth coming given circumstantial and weaker evidence already collected
4) This one is the most important. Mueller may not think he has the authority to charge a sitting President with a crime due to a judicial ruling from the 70's. He could have all the evidence in the world to convict anyone else, but if he doensn't think he is allowed to charge then all he will do is write up a recommendation of impeachment and let Congress take it from there.

What is MOST important here is that we still don't know enough yet to make any judgement calls on guilt one way or the other because Mueller keeps his cards really close to his chest.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He's a subject.
That's one interview away from target.
Only idiots would think this is a good thing.
I know trumps celebrating. Lol.

Not a target, but that is not a good thing???
How does that work?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

First, the OP is not the topic of the conversation (the last post on this page is purely you going after the player and not the ball). Second, this is the mudpit. The thread title doesn't need to match the article, and the order of the day in here is political trolling.

Third, further down the article it states that Mueller only wants to meet with Trump so he can wrap up the investigation. So if he has nothing to charge him with "at this point", and only needs to meet with him as the matter of procedure that is being insinuated, then he has nothing to charge him with at all.

And that is what folks are more or less saying here.

Its not dishonesty. The link is provided...click it and illuminate yourself. But calling the dude a liar for not meeting a standard that is not present in this forum is inappropriate.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

First, the OP is not the topic of the conversation (the last post on this page is purely you going after the player and not the ball). Second, this is the mudpit. The thread title doesn't need to match the article, and the order of the day in here is political trolling.

Your first point is contradicted by your third. Seems my point there was fair game since it IS the Mud Pit and all.

Third, further down the article it states that Mueller only wants to meet with Trump so he can wrap up the investigation. So if he has nothing to charge him with "at this point", and only needs to meet with him as the matter of procedure that is being insinuated, then he has nothing to charge him with at all.

Actually it makes an assumption. CNBC doesn't know this any more than you or I do. Read that WaPo article I posted and get back to me. It is a bit more honest and covers all the possible angles with this news. Frankly, this is nothing to get excited about one way or the other. Like always we should be patient and just wait for the investigation to officially end before making judgement calls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join