It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump not criminal target says Mueller

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: JBurns

Wait? So the Washington post ISN'T FAKE news now? It's so funny how when it fits your narrative the Post is legit.

originally posted by: RomeByFire
The liberal fake news rag WaPo at it again!

Oh.... wait....

Yeah because that's why he linked to WaPo, and not because you guys would cry about the source if he linked to a Fox article on it. Everyone is reporting this. You can't run away from it no matter how hard you try.

So WaPo isn't fake news, then?

The only places that are fake news 100% of the time are satire sites. WaPo #s up stories, sometimes on accident, sometimes by design, just like all the news outlets do.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

WAPO reporting Trump NOT a criminal target in his probe.

No, but he's subject of the probe.

That just means he and his actions are under investigation, hence being a subject, not that he is, as of yet, the target, until the ongoing investigation uncovers conduct to place him as a target.

That's it. The investigation is ongoing.

So they've yet to uncover conduct that would place him as a target.

Since the fact that he fired Comey is public knowledge, I'd say this firmly refutes any remaining wishful thinking about that having been obstruction of justice. If it had been, that would certainly would have to be considered conduct that's already been uncovered and Trump would be a criminal target for that at this point. So no evidence of collusion, obstruction narrative busted. Unpaid parking tickets maybe?
edit on 3 4 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III informed President Trump’s attorneys last month that he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this point, according to three people familiar with the discussions.

That's bull snip.

If he's not a target why investigate?

Reminds ome of that tv show(Billions) and that district attorney Chuck Rhodes.

He told the dude that owned Spartan Ives he wasn't going to bust him and did anyway.

edit on 3-4-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There are no circumstances in which Mueller would have told Trump that he was currently a criminal target for a multitude of reasons. If Mueller lets that slip out it would essentially tell the person that its highly believed they had commited a crime well before they are ready to release findings or charges. I dont think a single good prosecutor in the country would have let that out.

I already knew the reaction that was gonna be had by this though, even though it means little to nothing in an investigation sense. If Mueller does come out and say Trump is a target, first of all an interview with him would never ever happen, second of all you run the risk of an attempt at firing Mueller. Mueller's brief also as it stands allowed him to only write one report at the conclusion of his investigation, so I dont think he's wanting to let much of anything slip out. The report also opens up about one more thing that Trump's lawyers expect that he would be questioned about contacts with Russian officials and emissaries in 2016. Prior to this they had only said he'd be asked about Flynn's contacts.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If that is the case , then Herr Mueller's Job is Done , Right ?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

And to avoid all this, Mueller could've just told Trump's lawyers "I'm not telling you, it's an ongoing investigation."

But that's not what he said, apparently. 11 months in and he still has nothing on which to target Trump. Boy, that's rough.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Special counsel Robert Mueller has focused on events since the election, not during the campaign, in his dealings with President Donald Trump's lawyers, indicating that his focus is on obstruction of justice while in office, rather than collusion with Russia during the campaign, Axios reported on Monday.

In those conversations, Mueller has expressed interest in two topics: the firings of FBI Director James Comey and national security adviser Michael Flynn. Trump himself has linked the dismissal of Comey to Russia, and Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about talks with the Russian ambassador during the transition.

As for Comey- Trump had every right to fire him.

Trump -

i was going to fire comey, it was my decision. I said to myself this Russia thing with trump, the trump Russia thing was a made up story, it was an excuse by the democrats for losing the election

Trump never said he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation...

Mueller, hell maybe he's finally realized he's on the wrong team and is being used.. does he want his reputation and future ruined by democrats hell bent on revenge?.. I think he'd rather show the truth and be a hero

I cant wait to watch various people on this board eat their words.. you know who you are!

edit on 3/4/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

originally posted by: Liquesence

WAPO reporting Trump NOT a criminal target in his probe.

That just means he and his actions are under investigation, hence being a subject, not that he is, as of yet, the target, until the ongoing investigation uncovers conduct to place him as a target.

That's it. The investigation is ongoing.

Wow, Do you want a glass to go with all those straws?

Those are facts.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I cant wait to watch various people on this board eat their words.. you know who you are!

I really don't think you'll have the opportunity. It's like a religion to them at this point. Mueller could exonerate Trump one by one of every wacky theory they've come up with and they'd still believe them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No, his campaign is part of the subject of the probe.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think it's a trap. He's trying to get Trump into an interview using any way that he can. I said in XCath's thread, I don't trust bulldog face Mueller for one second. Not time to relax yet, Trump!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I don't believe the solution to any criminal matter involving the President would come down to an indictment from Mueller, would it? Doesn't this fall under impeachment. Mueller gives his report, and then Congress makes or doesn't make it's move. Isn't there a pending issue with indicting a sitting President that hasn't been fully resolved? That may be the reason Mueller isn't calling Trump a "criminal target". Maybe Mueller believes that you cannot indict a sitting President.

But since Trump isn't a "criminal target at this point", whatever that means, then The President should be able to sit down with Mueller for a conversation. Since, of course, everyone believes he has nothing to hide. And Trump himself has said he has nothing to hide. So lets get those two together, so Mueller can wrap this up, shall we?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I don't believe the solution to any criminal matter involving the President would come down to an indictment from Mueller, would it? Doesn't this fall under impeachment. Mueller gives his report, and then Congress makes or doesn't make it's move. Isn't there a pending issue with indicting a sitting President that hasn't been fully resolved? That may be the reason Mueller isn't calling Trump a "criminal target". Maybe Mueller believes that you cannot indict a sitting President.

You're correct in that Congress would have to impeach Trump, however that technicality wouldn't stop him from being a criminal target if there were reason to suspect criminal wrongdoing. After all, you impeach a President for "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Either Mueller is lying or they really have no reason to suspect Trump of criminal wrongdoing at this point.

But since Trump isn't a "criminal target at this point", whatever that means, then The President should be able to sit down with Mueller for a conversation. Since, of course, everyone believes he has nothing to hide. And Trump himself has said he has nothing to hide. So lets get those two together, so Mueller can wrap this up, shall we?

Same reason you or I would exercise our right to remain silent if we were wrongly arrested or invoke our 5th amendment privilege if we were brought to trial on bogus charges. Just because you're innocent doesn't mean a smart lawyer can't find some technicality to # you over with or trick you into saying something that makes you look guilty. Our entire justice system is designed to protect you from that. The President will follow the advice of his lawyers.
edit on 3 4 18 by face23785 because: lol "unquote"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this poin

Then why continue the investigation?

Not considering someone of criminal wrong doing should end the investigation, should it not?

I think he knows how to speak politically, because just because you don't consider someone a criminal doesn't mean they are not.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Liq, agreed. However, it demonstrates no one has "flipped" as others have speculated or that Mueller (like FBI and HPSCI) failed to uncover evidence of a crime. Should Trump follow his attorney's advice and not sit for an interview, it is unlikely Mueller could change his status to "criminal target"

Looks like all of those levying false accusations of treason and Soviet bed-scares should feel pretty silly right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
www.washingtonpost.com... /2018/04/03/

Link being formatted incorrectly (I believe). You can find the link here: www.google.com...

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III informed President Trump’s attorneys last month that he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this point, according to three people familiar with the discussions.

WAPO reporting Trump NOT a criminal target in his probe. Contrary to MSM narrative for the past year plus, Trump's reputation has been dragged through the mud in an effort to discredit his Presidency. This narrative is now thrown to the side. He is not a criminal target in the investigation.

Funny how Adam Schiff claims to have seen "evidence of 'Collusion'" while apparently Mueller has not. Interesting to say the least. I guess the HPSCI missed it too... and the FBI last Summer.

You know nothing about criminal investigations.

There are 3 types of people investigators are interested in:

1. Witness
2. Subject
3. Target

A witness is not suspected of a crime but has or might have information of a crime.

A subject may have committed a crime, is being investigated.

A target is one that the prosecutor can bring charges now if he or she determines.

This entire conversation took place within the context of bartering for an interview. NO criminal defense attorney is going to make ANY conclusions based upon the prosecutor saying someone is a subject, because that means there is suspicion your client committed a crime and is under investigation, a subject can become a target with the snap of a finger.

A "target" cannot be subpeoned bc of 5th Amendment rights, and therefore you would never, ever, tell a person you want to subpoena that they are a "target."

Why don't you go back to bashing Mueller for running a witch hunt and criticizing the WaPo before you say something that give them both credibility, or did the Washington Post just become the MSM? Because it is their scoop, or did you know that?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Because he isn't (nor has been) the target of the investigation, as Mueller's actions have shown. As Mueller's indictments have shown. There are things to investigate, clearly, but POTUS isn't a target of said investigation. Being a subject could be as simple as having associates who are criminal targets (his former campaign staffer(s)' decades old conspiracies, etc)

This is great news. The country can move on from the fear-mongering Russia hyperbole. Turns out there aren't Soviet spies lurking under WH beds after all.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Keep on believing
Whatever the cost, right?

In reality, you have no idea what you're talking about. Minus the copy/paste witness/subject/target spiel (DU).

Simply put, Mueller cleared Trump as a criminal target. Spin it however you want, but you need to accept the reality that Mueller won't end the Trump Presidency. Get used to this reality.

Besides, what happened to all of Trump's former associates "flipping" as you said many times? If they flipped, Mueller would have the evidence making him a target vs. not a target. That's yet one more theory put to rest tonight. What have I missed?
edit on 4/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Liq, agreed. However, it demonstrates no one has "flipped" as others have speculated or that Mueller (like FBI and HPSCI) failed to uncover evidence of a crime. Should Trump follow his attorney's advice and not sit for an interview, it is unlikely Mueller could change his status to "criminal target"

Looks like all of those levying false accusations of treason and Soviet bed-scares should feel pretty silly right now.

Oh, absolutely he should sit for an interview, since it is so "unlikely" that Mueller will change his status.

How will you explain it when Trump still evades the interview?

It is not the least bit "unlikely" that Mueller will change the status, he will do what the evidence says he should do.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

That he's intelligent, exercising his 5th amendment rights (that you always have...) Clearly Manafort/etc provided nothing of substance to Mueller. Neither should Trump. Not to even risk it.

No reason to even risk giving Mueller any ammo. He should strike the probe down (by allowing it to implode due to lack of evidence) and continue winning with his Presidency.

Trump is back, with a fury. Bigly

edit on 4/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join