It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruisin' California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I personally think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they drive. All their character traits come into play for a physical illustration. You can tell if they're impatient, if they're considerate, if they're attentive, if they're impulsive etc.

It really does say a lot about a person.

I'm looking right at you California drivers! You're the worst drivers why? Because you're scum people in general.

I'm going to roleplay a bit now. I'm playing a typical California driver on the road.

I'm going to go 85, because laws are optional and don't apply to me anyway.

I'm not ever going to use a turn signal, because me.

I'm going to cut you off because you shouldn't have been in my lane.

Then I'm going to give you the finger, because, well f**k you for almost making me hit you.

I'm going to weave traffic because I'm the only one in a hurry.

I'm going to pull out my cell phone at a stop sign because, what's your hurry?

I'm going to park my car in any red zone, handicapped zone, or lawn because chill out dude!

I'm going to tailgate you just so I can slam my brakes and look annoyed.

I'm going to drive in the median, carpool lane, or shoulder, at the slightest traffic delay. I'm important.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to show you that I don't care about other people, woot I'm California!

I'm going to continue to drive this way because I'm the most vapid, oblivious, air-headed tool on the road.

edit on 3-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was a Yooper racer when I was a teenager. I got pulled over for going fifty five in a twenty mile an hour zone in town. I didn't get a ticket though, I impressed the cop because I was going backwards and he had me on radar. It was a city cop, I worked for the city on a summer youth program. I heard it when I went to work on Monday morning.

I didn't know how fast I was going, speedometers do not work when you go backwards.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Either you see that a LOT because it's real | or | You see it a LOT because you're the cause of it

Which one is it??

J/K with you brother. Nice rant!!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

It's real. Take a drive anywhere in the western continental US and check the plates.

Sometimes it affects me, sometimes I see it affect other drivers.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Another "We hate anything California" thread. Guys, guys, GET OFF FOX NEWS. You hate California, and now I suppose you hate Amazon too. So sayeth the all mighty MSM Fox News, or his highness Trump, so followith the sheep. Pathetic.

Like there are no bad drivers in any other state?

And the reason you say they are bad drivers is even more laughable. Because they are scum. LOL!

WE ALL, and I do mean, WE ALL, have done at least one really stupid thing while driving. I live in the real world where people are going to make mistakes. I live in the real world where people are going to do things on purpose. But I certainly don't live in a world where I see a specific State license plate and assume they are scum. Must suck to live that way?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yes it does suck living so close to CA. Star for calling it like it is

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As someone who's traveled to pretty much every state in country on a regular basis I'm gonna tell you which state has the worst drivers: All of them.

You all suck. I've seen the exact same behavior in the Original Post everywhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I live in So Cali, and drive the freeway 5 days a week, Chicago drivers are much worse. I lived in the Chicago area 36 years and LA 10, so I would know.

Also the people here are fantastic, if you don't like my state don't come here. Traffic is bad not the people.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've driven in cities big and small all over the world. Driven many miles in California and have had no trouble with the folks there. When you put your signal on to switch lanes, they will make a space (not a big one but it's big enough).

I have found the absolute WORST (rudest, speed limit be damned, get out of my way, entitled a-holes) drivers to be from Slat Lake City, Utah. I found it FAR easier and less frustrating to navigate the streets of London, on the left side of the road and right side of the car, than SLC!

Just my 2 cents FWIW

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As someone who's traveled to pretty much every state in country on a regular basis I'm gonna tell you which state has the worst drivers: All of them.

You all suck. I've seen the exact same behavior in the Original Post everywhere.

Nope. Californians are the worst. By numbers, by frequency, by diffusion. I live and breath my friend, unlike those basement guests of yours

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

I'm with you there. SLC is a rough place to drive in. Doubly so with their weird grid addresses.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I actually find CA drivers to be pretty good. Traffic sucks, but a plus is that you allow motorcycles to legally split lanes.

Now if you want to see some real aggressive driving, come to Chicago. I've driven all over the US and I've yet to find a city with the same level of aggressiveness as Chicago. Speeding. Ignoring general rules of the road. Cutting people off. Driving in bike and park lanes. Cutting through parking lots to avoid a red light. We do it all here.

The only city I've driven in that even came close is Boston.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Also why do so many of you who don't even live here feel so compelled to yell and scream about a state you don't live in and the only thing you know is what you read or see on TV. It really is pathetic. LA is the most visited city in the United States!

By the way most stories I read on ATS that are negative on ATS about Cali are either FALSE or greatly EXAGGERATED!

edit on 3-4-2018 by kurthall because: Add

edit on 3-4-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

For REAL! Everyone says "once you learn it, it makes total sense". NO, it doesn't make sense on any level!!!

Example: "I'll meet you there, what street are you on"?

"We are on South 700 East 800 street".

"WTF"???

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
2 mentions of Chicago huh. Well I'll take your word for it, but I've never been east of the Mississippi.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I've posted many times on ATS where I live, and how often I visit CA (not by choice, I assure you.)

You also forget that California is so bloated that 'Californians' are constantly blorking out into other states quick as they can. They're everywhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I haven't been to Chicago since the early 90's but I have been to Boston in the last 10 years. What I found funny in Boston was the honking at the lights. It's like they can hear the filament in the green bulb start to come alive and they are honking at you to go! One of my hobbies is drag racing so I am pretty quick on the lights but man, they are brutal there.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Wish I had a dollar for every time I was almost hit by a car trying to cross a street in LA.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Dude, it's probably like here in Florida.

Like a bunch of ants twitching under the sun.

If you sit still too long, you will burst into flames.

Everyone is switching lanes 3 times per minute for what they "feel" might be a faster lane.

Pure chaos. Once you get used to it, you go back to the midwest and it feels like all those good drivers are in a coma.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HummaKavula
a reply to: Edumakated

I haven't been to Chicago since the early 90's but I have been to Boston in the last 10 years. What I found funny in Boston was the honking at the lights. It's like they can hear the filament in the green bulb start to come alive and they are honking at you to go! One of my hobbies is drag racing so I am pretty quick on the lights but man, they are brutal there.

For real. They do the same here in Chicago. I grew up in the south and we never honked. But here, they honk BEFORE the light even turns green. They honk about everything. It is really annoying.

I have a theory and I think Chicago drivers are bad because we have a huge eastern european population. If you've ever been to liveleak, everyone knows the worst drivers in the world are in eastern european countries. That is ground zero for bad car accidents and out right nuttery when it comes to driving.

The worst thing they do here is drag race off lights. Basically, Chicago drivers love to get in the right turn lane/parking lane at a stop light if there are one or two cars waiting. They then creep so that when the light turns green, they can race you off the line and cut back over into the actual lane. You see someone do it at 1:16 in the video I posted. Probably the most annoying thing I see drivers here do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join