It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Youtube headquaters

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that this was a horrible event. A tragedy.

I'm sorry people were harmed.

I'm glad the perpetrator is dead.

The people against the 2nd amendment will still be against it.

The people for the 2nd amendment will still be for it.

No minds are going to be changed. No opinions are going to be swayed.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If you remember the 70s , you werent there.

The 70s were effing awesome.

People could still buy a machine gun without having the incriminate themselves with the background check of Brady Handgun Prevention Act.

Amazing my parents ever survived to have me.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This gun control subject is mental.

But I get it.
It's easier to blame a tool, instead of the deeper issue.

Like the why this is happening.

I went to school with idiots who carried guns, they didn't shoot the school up.

People need to look at the change in our society.

Why are people(kids/adults) feeling nothing when they commit these acts.

Im gonna go out and guess that it's a combination of things.

Social media
Video games
Movies
Music
Broken homes (Single parents, Having more kids than can be taken care of)
Medication(People are overly medicated, which is something most, if not all, shooters have in common)

If it isn't guns, it would be knives.
If not knives, then it would be cars.
If not cars, it would be a baseball bat.

Crazy people will ALWAYS find a way.

Figure out whats making these people crazy, and ya might begin to solve the problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
Not being an expert on purchasing things illegally, wouldn't it stand to reason that it's not too much harder to purchase a gun illegally either?

link   
Seriously? Weed? Abortion? Religion? Gun rights? Anitifa? Etc? WTH? I came in late and kept reading from pg 1 hoping to find out what the real facts are regarding this desperate situation? What is happening? Was it simply a lovers or worker dispute gone bad? Was it a more calculated impersonal issue? What I found is too many ATSers rambling off on multiple immaterial personal perspective issues that should have no place in a breaking news thread!
Make your own offshoot threads in the mud pit if you want to make muddies and throw them regarding this!

Has there been any new news on whether it was one lone woman? Any other confirmation on the tweets of a possible male in armor? Did she arrived dressed in armor and try to exit as a innocent woman? Or was this a multiple shooter situation?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here's what OtherSideOfTheCoin is talking about with guns and pot...

edit on 3-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

This gun control subject is mental.

It is.

Some people think they can legislate human behavior, and they can't.

Which is why it's been an epic failure for the last 80 years.
edit on 3-4-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Utterly amazing how everyone completely missed OSOTC's point. Which was that it's easier to obtain a legal weapon than a legal joint in AL. The difference being that the weapon is legal, while the innocuous plant is not. How TF does someone so willfully miss that one? I mean, like RIGHT over heads, the breeze & whizzing sounds and all.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

How TF does someone so willfully miss that one?

Intent has a lot to do with it, I suspect. As in "intent to 'misunderstand'" the point.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

ATTENTION

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum.

Enough of the political trolling.

Anymore of that and posting rights will be removed.

Do not reply to this post.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Utterly amazing how everyone completely missed OSOTC's point. Which was that it's easier to obtain a legal weapon than a legal joint in AL. The difference being that the weapon is legal, while the innocuous plant is not. How TF does someone so willfully miss that one? I mean, like RIGHT over heads, the breeze & whizzing sounds and all.

Yup.....

But second amendment.....

Oohhh and “political trolling “

link   

Oh I dunno, could have something to do with the fact that's not what he said. In the original post on that subject, he made no mention of the legality of either. Further he suggested if people could get weed easier there might be less violence, which actually goes against the claim that he was only talking about the irony that it's not legal. People can get weed easy, it's just not legal.

(post by RomeByFire removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is, indeed, senseless. At least to those of us who have said sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Oh I dunno, could have something to do with the fact that's not what he said. In the original post on that subject, he made no mention of the legality of either. Further he suggested if people could get weed easier there might be less violence, which actually goes against the claim that he was only talking about the irony that it's not legal. People can get weed easy, it's just not legal.

That is not how I nor most others think of cannabis by default. I interpreted his comment by the default view I have, being that illegal pot, while not hard to come by if you commit to sussing out sources, is not in fact easier to get than filling out the paperwork for a gun purchase. Like him, I find it stupid that a pacifying plant is illegal, but a weapon that can harm numerous people in a short period is substantially easier from a legal standpoint to get and KEEP.

And he is correct, IMO, that physical violence would likely reduce notably if it were legal across the board. When have you ever known a stoner to get blitzed & violent, rather than settling for raiding a cupboard/fridge or fall asleep?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Please discuss the tragedy , and not make this about the Second Amendment.....that is for another thread.
This thread is also not about pot.
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Tue Apr 3 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes but it took me asking to specify, up until that point his general statement was in fact wrong.
edit on 4/3/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Much truth in your post

But...

It's easier to blame a tool, instead of the deeper issue.

This is only the case when if fits their agenda, because when a cop shoots somebody, it's the cops fault not the gun.
Crazy how that works right?

The issue will always be deeper than the tool, the scenario dictates the blame.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join