It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MSM.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If you shrugged at the diatribe concerning the MSM. If you doubted or questioned the degree of control exercised by our media.
If you believe it but never really had proof of it.

Watch this and never doubt again:

nymag.com...

Perhaps Limbaugh was the first to play station after station with the identical take/spin, But this does what we cannot do and that's play them all at the same time.

It makes Orwell's 1984 look tame.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

"We are Borg, resistance is futile."

Now we have a lot more in common with China, Iran, North Korea, most Central African countries and Venezuela and et Al....

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Precisely why I don't watch the MSM.

Its mind numbing, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty insane that we just went through 8 years of the media parroting Obama and the DNC. We had legit state run media for that time and I'd argue it's actually Democrat party media. When a Republican is in office, they're on the attack. When a Democrat is in office, they circle the wagons and discredit the critics.

Hell, Rush Limabugh has been doing these montages of the media repeating the same lines for YEARS! Even in regards to this made up scandal, they all say the same things!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
If you shrugged at the diatribe concerning the MSM. If you doubted or questioned the degree of control exercised by our media.
If you believe it but never really had proof of it.

Watch this and never doubt again:

nymag.com...

Perhaps Limbaugh was the first to play station after station with the identical take/spin, But this does what we cannot do and that's play them all at the same time.

It makes Orwell's 1984 look tame.

I think what it really points to is the lack of originality in network news. The reality is that most of these stations and even newspapers are just parroting stories from AP, Reuters, etc.

I do find it funny the left is all in arms about this Sinclair story when Limbaugh and other talk show hosts have been running mash ups like this for years on their shows pointing out how coordinated the liberal media is with stories.

Here is one from 5 years ago.... the famous Gravitas...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

MSM executives are involved in some horrible crimes too. That's why they hate the "law and order" President.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

edit on 4/3/2018 by carewemust because: Uh Oh... ATS is being attacked again.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just going to leave this here:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Growing up, I had always assumed that new, young and old, aspiring journalist would WORK there way up the media ladder.

Starting from private work in colleges and universities, eventually working at the local new station, the first step towards something bigger in the media.

But as it is now, just mindless zombies following a beaten and worn path, once walked by actual, REAL JOURNALIST.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Both Left & Right MSM shill for the Deep State when it comes to things like War and screwing with other countries national sovereignty.

That should be the takeaway for anyone that truly cares about the state of the world and the longterm plans of TPTB.

Seek out alternative sources for EVERY subject and exercise due diligence and be willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads even if it leads to something you don't wanna hear. Intellectual laziness is no excuse.

Otherwise one should just STFU because your terminal ignorance is showing. XYIPDQ.

edit on 3-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

But as it is now, just mindless zombies following a beaten and worn path, once walked by actual, REAL JOURNALIST.

I examine that truth from firsthand experience here:

Very Fake News ~ Now The Scoop

Broke my damn heart to see and experience. I'm wiser now but no less sad.

edit on 3-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You say "left and right wing media", but let's be honest. The left wing media is BY FAR the bigger problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

You say "left and right wing media", but let's be honest. The left wing media is BY FAR the bigger problem.

Why?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Why?

Non-print media:

The Left: ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NPR/PBS (tax payer funded), Hollywood

The Right: Fox News

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Why?

Non-print media:

Maybe because the rightwingers are a minority and it would be silly to have more than Fox News MSM, which is enough for the rightwinger crowd?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

In U.S. this is true.

Where I live both left and right MSM are terrifying.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why?

Non-print media:

The Right: Fox News talk radio such as Rush Limbaugh, Sinclair Broadcasting (which is growing to be more and more local news affiliates, fringe websites and forums

FTFY

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why?

Non-print media:

You will see Fox news stations in the original Link, as well as the others. Granted, Fox 'seasons' it pap in different flavors, but when push comes to shove, they follow boh the advertisers interests as as well as the owners.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Why?

Non-print media:

Maybe because the rightwingers are a minority and it would be silly to have more than Fox News MSM, which is enough for the rightwinger crowd?

Minority is viewers, not in numbers.....

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The cookie cutter redundance was hard for
me to ignore when even in the seventies.
Even anchors comments are obviously
scripted thru out the entire interlink.
Should I apologize for finding that hokey?
Suspicious even? It seems to me someone
has over estimated a lack of intelligence
for at least some of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join