It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Bomb Threat to Plane in San Diego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A bomb threat was raised on an America West flight from San Diego to Phoenix. The plane returned to the airport, and the passengers safely evacutated. One suspect is in police custody. A woman at the Phoenix airport reportedly made the threat at a ticket counter. Officials have not yet found any evidence of a bomb.

10 News.com
SAN DIEGO -- Bomb experts are combing through a plane that just landed at Lindbergh Field, 10News reported.

A bomb threat was made saying that there was an explosive onboard an America West jet.

Flight 6264 was bound for San Diego from Phoenix when it landed safely at about 7:20 a.m. All 35 passengers on board were evacuated to the terminal.

The plane is being searched in an area away from the runway.

The airport is continuing normal operation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The bomb threat was delivered by a woman to a ticket counter agent at the Phoenix airport.

Apparently no bomb has been found yet, so it may be a hoax.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Five bucks says nothing at all comes of this.

Back to vague terrah warnings. Kudos on reporting it first though.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Five bucks says nothing at all comes of this.

Back to vague terrah warnings. Kudos on reporting it first though.

agreed.

Its one of those stories that keep appearing

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And I'm flying into Phoenix on Southwest next week.

Great, I'm going to get the extra deep cavity search.

Can't take threats like this lightly, but it is a shame that we can't take threats like this lightly.

Nerdling's right though. This will be nothing other then some wacko trying to get attention. Or maybe holding the plane for a friend.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
why should a terroist make or plant a bomb? All he/she's gotta do is make a threat, or "leak" a scary "plan", and the Media will do the rest of their work for them. Report every little threat as if it were real, and if someone catches you on it, shift the blame to whichever current administration you bought your "leak" from.

It allows the forcing of policy change by their enemy, without the conscience-bothering death and destruction. Kinder, gentler terrorism, perfect for moderates who want to see the US brought into the Islamic hegemony, but can't justify the evil acts normally applied.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

From the same link only the original article has been update.

Dr. Esha Khoshnu made threatening remarks at a Phoenix ticket counter to airline officials saying there was an explosive onboard an America West jet. The Transportation Security Administration said Khoshnu was acting "mouthy and snippy."

Khoshnu apparently said, "If I had a bomb, you wouldn't find it."

After questioning, Khoshnu was later released by the FBI. The Assistant U.S. Attorney decided that her actions did not merit charges.

My question is why in the hell did they not arrest her? Making a bomb threat is against the law, but apparently Homeland Secruity has not notified AZ authorites yet.

[edit on 2/17/2005 by shots]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Apparently, this woman had her buttons pushed...anybody here watch Airline...or have any of you been harrassed by the employees of the airline you are flying because they are feeling the pressure of their job?

No...it definitely wasn't a smart move on the Doctor's part to use the word bomb, in the context that she did...but by the same token, i'll bet she was pushed over the edge...

The FBI would not have let the Doctor go unless they felt that she was on the level with her explanation, period..

We live in a country that has become so paranoid of their own shadows and so willing to believe what they are told without question...is it any wonder such things happen? If any kind of device gets through, it won't be because someone is pushed over the edge to make such a statement...it will be the one that everyone least expects and who will appear very very inconspictious.

~oracle~

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The woman was angry at something and said something to the effect " If i had a bomb (here) you wouldnt find it.

Some threat.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
[edit on 19-2-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That will teach her...
IF YOU SAY "BOMB" in the airplane que...
THEY BLOW UP YOUR LUGGAGE....

not quite worth it to lose your temper is it?

maybe she was upset with the long boarding times...

but ya know... if you volunteer for a "random" pre boarding search, they let you board first... WHICH IS JUST STUPID!

how many terrorists are going to volunteer to be searched so they can board first? why bother with the "random searches" that are volunteer based?
job security i guess...

top topics

join