It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Defense secretary Mattis already has the military scrambling to prepare for their new task. Guarding America from within is Noble honorable and logical. God bless our wonderful military.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Iscool

A few security guards can keep in an arena of thousands in check, but Border Patrol, the National Guard, and local police can't stop 1500 civilians? If that's the case then we have a much bigger problem than illegal immigration.

That's a completely asinine analogy.

The majority of the people in a arena are not trying to do anything wrong, are mostly sitting there watching a game.

You're going to compare that to a group of 1,500 people trying to swarm over the border?

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

Excellent Idea Mr. President and Mr. Mattis!

Mattis has nothing to do with it. This all on the orange oompa loompa.

Mattis was taught about "Posse Comitatus" whilst attending National War College.

I will wait to see what Mr. Mattis says on it. If he agrees with it first. I think congress has to approve this anyway.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Arnie123

I could be unhinged.
Sure
Bullets and blood spilling does not give me a chub though
Certainly is an issue you'll eventually overcome in time.

Luckly for you, the doom pr0n scenario you think is happening literally right now, hasn't happened in reality, so muah 😘😍

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if signs get posted. The second a child gets shot what little good will Trump, and by extension the US, has left will go down the drain.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And the Insurrection Act mentions nothing about borders or foreign nationals.

link   
First it'll be the southern border, then, when that doesn't actually stop the flow of illegal immigration, why somehow it must be the northern border, then oh must be the ocean, so you got troops along coastlines and at ports, then state boundaries and before long next thing you know it'll be papers please everywhere you go...gotta make sure no one's actually an illegal.

Everyone cheered it on in Germany too....why does 2018 seem so similar to 1938??
edit on 3/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   
www.foxnews.com...

“Until we can have a wall and proper security, we’re going to be guarding our border with the military,” he said. “That's a big step, we really haven’t done that before, or certainly not very much before.”

And just like that......congress will decide to fix our immigration laws.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

He hasn't said anything yet. As much as I like what Mr. Trump said. I will believe it when the Pentagon makes plans. I remain unconvinced for the most part.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: TinySickTears

Id rather we didn't, military ROE is wildly different than Civilian and when someone gets hurt the military member will be thrown to the wolves and the politicians that enabled the conflict will be left untouched.

Another terrible possibility these guys are not thinking about.
Too jacked about the military at the moment to think

Or maybe just knowing how Progressives are so jacked up on emotions versus facts/laws, some of us are just having a grand ole day of watching some people shake in their boots their whole house of "muh feelz" might just be crashing down on em???

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

And the majority of those 1500 asylum seekers aren't a threat. So why are they being met with lethal force?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm pretty sure the most highly trained military in the world doesn't kill children unless the child has a suicide bomb strapped to him/her or the child is actively causing imminent danger to personnel life/equipment.

We train for this stuff. Stop being so naive.

edit on 3-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You may want to check out some of those early videos posted on Wikileaks. Or learn some history. I suggest starting with My Lai. Hell, just look at the Iraq death toll. Do you really think that 1 million+ were all enemy combatants?

We have a really bad track record when it comes to collateral damage.
edit on 4/3/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Emigration falls under Federal authority, not the states.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

For military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or
(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).
(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--
(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

lots of room in there for potus to send troops to the border to bar a group of foreign nationals that have made demands of the usa government
I have no doubt there will be lawsuits filed and the SCOTUS will determine the legality of defending our borders

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"The National Guard is a Branch of the US Military . Most were active duty at one time.
They get paid by the State , regardless of what they do."

So the taxpayer essentially foots the bill? You don't see any increase or other overheads on the horizon?

"ANd what is there not US common sense about being a sovereign country and protecting it's borders ."

Common sense dictates it's near impossible to retard the movement of people from one area to another if said people are intent on coming.

"You do know there is a good bit of EU countries with their military guarding their borders against refugees now , yes ?"

My own nation included, but at the end of the day large walls and/or serious contingents of military personnel and accompanying hardware will do little to alleviate the situation.

People will just find other means of ingress into the USA which will also have to be policed, have walls built around and will ultimately cost the taxpayer.

A vicious circle if ever there was one really.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soberbacchus

"Posse Comitatus" has nothing to do with sending troops to defend the international border.

Will they be deployed on US Soil?

Posse Comitatus expressly forbids a sitting president from using the military for law enforcement, and border security is a law enforcement function.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In this situation these potential casualties won't be because of the military but because the intercepted border crossers did not listen to explicit directions given when they were caught and they tried to endanger lives.

It's a given.

link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Mattis was taught about "Posse Comitatus" whilst attending National War College.

Which has nothing at all to do with any post in this thread...

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: eriktheawful

And the majority of those 1500 asylum seekers aren't a threat. So why are they being met with lethal force?

They are a threatening shade of brown.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join