It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Then he can declare illegal immigrants to be enemy combatants and put us on war footing and then deploy federal troops.

I'm sure declaring all those women and children to be enemy combatants will work out great.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Shamrock6

At least you're honest about being loyal to a person rather than a nation.

What does that say about the people supporting premeditation to break sovereign US law?

For somebody who likes to quote the Bill of Rights all the time, you sure are quiet about the actual point of this thread.

But, to answer your inane question, it doesn't say anything about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
This is why I elected him. He acts instead of talking about it.

I don't care if the Constitution forbids it. It needs to be done and he is doing it.

Trump ~ 2020!

And you trust him?

Sorry. I didn't like Obama and I'm not a fan of illegal immigration or the left but something smells bad with Trump. Of course that's probably just my cynicism. I don't trust anyone. Trust is for fools.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

from your link

Mexican authorities responded to Trump’s Sunday threat to kill NAFTA by pledging to disband the caravan and allow some transmitters to apply for asylum in Mexico.

It appears the "Mexican authorities" have some common sense.
It also appears immigration has become a "national security" issue because of congresses inaction.
Of course. We have a hardball President.

China's trade threat, BLINKED.

Mexico and the caravan, BLINKED.

Great to have a sitting President pushing American interest for Americans.

Its due time, all these handouts, I'm f# tired of this man. We help the ENTIRE GLOBE with FEED, CASH and MILITARY ASSISTANCE.
I get it, we're the reigning EMPIRE in this AGE, this, Techological Era we are in, its needed for our interest.
But damned, we need a break ourselves FOR OURSELVES and seeing a President all about National interest, is refreshing.

Sorry, offtopic, just so happy to see results.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Only in the case where civil unrest has extended to the point where the state can no longer handle the issue.

Last time I checked the border states are still operating perfectly fine.

DHS border patrol is not a State agency.

And the situation may be out of control.

Local law enforcement doesn't do much "at the border".

I think 😃

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

My point was that they'll be here instead of overseas regardless of what their task is. They could be washing windows for all I care but they'd still be here.

link   
But 'muh constitution'?

Haha

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Actually it is the job of the National Guard to guard the nation. I mean it's right there in the name.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

I don't care if the Constitution forbids it.

Be careful what you wish for. Very careful.

link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Only in the case where civil unrest has extended to the point where the state can no longer handle the issue.

Last time I checked the border states are still operating perfectly fine.

Oh right, I understand................ Many thanks for bringing this to me. Always fascinating stuff how you USA guys retain a fair bit of independence in your own states.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

from your link

Mexican authorities responded to Trump’s Sunday threat to kill NAFTA by pledging to disband the caravan and allow some transmitters to apply for asylum in Mexico.

It appears the "Mexican authorities" have some common sense.
It also appears immigration has become a "national security" issue because of congresses inaction.

"Assuming" they are not lying 😉

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Border Patrol also aren't the military. So what's your point?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Then he can declare illegal immigrants to be enemy combatants and put us on war footing and then deploy federal troops.

I'm sure declaring all those women and children to be enemy combatants will work out great.

All that matters is that the POTUS deems them a threat to national security.
A group of 1500 non state actors who make demands are a threat.
Until we can deal with that threat effectively POTUS has EVERY right to defend our borders.
Congress needs to get off their asses and fix a broken immigration system.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What does he mean by military? The National Guard? Or is he actually talking about deploying the military on US soil?

I say National Guard.
Though , in case an "invasion" of the US was declared , the entire US Military could be utilized. I had forgotten that one.
Which this case may well fit the "invasion" requirements. If they just had not stated they had "demands" . That most likely "sealed the deal"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm curious about how a policy like this would go over on a state level.

As in... the whole country may be for, or against it... but the "Border" is really only touching four states.

I can't imagine that Texas would have a problem militarizing the border, but I could see California being the only state to resist... so could/would that create a bottleneck for immigration?

As in... nobody crosses into Texas because its HEAVILY armed... and New Mexico and Arizona aren't safe bets either... so Cali just becomes the open gate.

The main point is, does the Prez have power over the states in this particular manner? (deploying military forces)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Border Patrol also aren't the military. So what's your point?

Same point as yours.

🧐

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Actually it is the job of the National Guard to guard the nation. I mean it's right there in the name.

Ummm. No. The National Guard is under command by the Governor of each State . Their responsibility starts and ends with that State.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

POTUS is CIC.
I believe he can send troops anywhere for 60 days then congress has to get involved.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not sure why people are trying to make this "military deployed against US citizens", because it's not.

First: The US military is ALREADY "deployed" throughout the US.

The US Coast Guard already patrols our coastal borders, and yes, they are an actual branch of the US military.

There are a LOT of military bases belonging to all branches of the US that are on US soil, from training to logistics to quite a few other things.

As POTUS is the commander in chief, POTUS can deploy military assets along the US international borders to keep them secure, especially if there is a possible threat.

There is no constitutional issue about any military assets being moved around to protect the international borders, so long as the military does not interfere with normal law enforcement and infrastructure of US citizens.

Any large enough group of people who are non-US citizens attempting to cross our international borders, can be considered a invading threat to the US and national security.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Which is as intended. The President isn't supposed to deploy the military on US soil unless things have got so bad that the threat has overwhelmed the state's forces.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join