It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porton Down experts unable to verify 'precise source of novichok'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here is the latest on Mr Skripal's condition - he is no longer critical:-

BBC Update

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

That is wonderful news! I am so glad for him, and for his daughter, that they appear to have come through the worst of the immediate effects of the agent they came into contact with.

I hope with all my heart that the knock on effects of exposure will not do for them both later, as it has with other people exposed to weapons of a chemical nature.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Indeed. I must admit I am surprised at their recovery, I was not expecting it but am happy to be proven wrong.

We must still go to war with Russia immediately, obviously.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I was hopeful that they would recover at least partially well from this exposure, when they had not died in the first 24 hours or so, and more so every day that they kept surviving. Hardy folk, the pair of them. As I say, time will tell what lasting damage may have been done, but I very much hope that their prognosis continues to improve, and that they can leave hospital soon. The longer they are in there, the quicker the MRSA is likely to attack!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I have no doubt, based on no actual evidence whatsoever but founded purely upon my own bigoted and hateful prejudices, that even as we speak Putin's evil henchmen are smearing MRSA all over these poor peoples' hospital rooms.

The swines.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: djz3ro

This isn't a disease. The immune system isn't going to do anything. The way Novichok works is by causing the body to overproduce acetylcholine. There's not much an immune system is going to do to stop that.

I also don't get why people are saying that it should kill a person in seconds. Maybe if it was in a gaseous form or injected it would have that effect. In this case though, it sounds like the agent was absorbed transdermally. That's the route of administration that will take the longest to reach the brain. About 30 minutes. Because it takes so long to reach the brain it's also going to take longer for the effects to reach their peak.

I'm guessing after being exposed to the Novichok the Skripals felt fine at first but then slowly throughout the day they started feeling worse and worse until finely their CNS was so flooded with acetylcholine that their bodies shut down.

Thank you, I was going on what I'd found online and it was gaseous form that would kill quicky, i see my question on your thread about this is a waste now...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh... thats good!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: djz3ro

Here we are, I have done some research for you. Bailey did initially attend the Skripals and then went to their home which is where it is now believed he was exposed. It was initially reported that he was exposed as the first responder. These stories have a way of evolving over time as new facts emerge, as is always the case.

Daily Mirror

Yes, I know, its the Mirror, but the same is reported elsewhere all over the place.

Why ask questions and remain in ignorance when a quick Google can put you straight? No need to boggle.

Thank you, I do research things myself but my phone is broken, my laptop is rubbish anbd it's been a jectic day.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Fuggit.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Fermy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Thats strange? They have kicked out diplomats and stirred a second cold war...and they dont even know for sure if it was Russia!

Gasp.

I am shocked. I cant believe that we would be lied to and our safety and security would be put at risk for a climate that is highly conducive towards arms sales.

We are the good guys. This is a movie. Insert Deus ex machina to make us into the victims /champions of the downtrodden.

We just want to have sham elections and Russia keeps using facebook. Its just not fair...!

We cant compete with "likes" from Russian bots. Our bots are honest and too kind to lie to us for likes.

We need to kill some Russians to make this right.

If nothing else lets demonize them based on our xenophobic suspisions.

edit on 4 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'll take the word of England any day, over Putin and Russia....if you people are so trusting in Putin, move to Russia...don't let the door hit you in the ass.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
double post

edit on 6-4-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That is wonderful news! I am so glad for him, and for his daughter, that they appear to have come through the worst of the immediate effects of the agent they came into contact with.

I hope with all my heart that the knock on effects of exposure will not do for them both later, as it has with other people exposed to weapons of a chemical nature.

On the News yesterday they were saying there was an alleged recording of Yulia and her Cousin talking on the phone, Yulia said her and her father were both going to be fine with no lasting effects. Her father was awake (yesterday morning mind) and they were being allowed to leave soon. Her cousin asked if she'd get a Visa to come see her and Yulia said "No, they won't issue you one."

There is no recording of Yulia on file to compare so it was unconfirmed.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No. You need people like us to keep you from sounding intelligentđź‘Ť

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I'll take the word of England any day, over Putin and Russia....if you people are so trusting in Putin, move to Russia...don't let the door hit you in the ass.

So you support making definitive statements about another country's guilt without having sufficient evidence to substantiate those claims?

While I am surprised you didn't push some racism angle in this story, your form is still poor.

You can't accuse a country of doing things without having the necessary evidence to implicate them. England jumped the gun BIT TIME by accusing Russia and dispelling diplomats without having any solid evidence.

edit on 6-4-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes, but there was an assassination attempt in a public place on our soil using a nerve agent. That much I trust you will accept. So, a bit more concrete than supposed WMD's in Iraq?

Yes but proof of what? There's a possibility it was carried out by UK agencies, or allied agencies....

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"the west" hasn't done anything right in a while, so it is no surprise that there is another mess up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join