It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy or a mental condition? Can anyone help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would like to discuss telepathy and any mental disorder that could make someone believe they are telepathic. For the past three years I have relapse memories (almost like a form of ptsd) of past events in which I feel like people can hear me in the past. (Meaning that in my head it feels like my thoughts from my present time are heard in the heads of these people years in the past) This experience has left me with deep depression and major panic attacks, I don’t know if it’s the possibility of realizing that something supernatural is happening to me or whether I’m loosing my mind and hearing voices. My goal is to get a clear thinking space where these voices go away. I also would like to hear anyone’s experience with telepathy or if you believe it could be a mental condition. I’ve never sought help before, I’m terrified of being put in a mental hospital and drugged up. All input is welcome, I can provide more details if that will help with the responses I receive. Thank you all in advance

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Andres0892

Hello, Andres! Welcome to ATS!

I don't think anyone here can tell you for sure what is it that you're experiencing. Many people believe in telepathy and/or paranormal abilities, and many people don't. It's all just a matter of who you are asking to.

But since we don't know, or can't prove if it's real or not, I'd recommend you seeing someone and seeking for professional help, and don't worry, you won't be put in some hospital unless you're a danger to other people, which I'm sure you are NOT.

Do you mind if I ask, have you ever used any kind of drugs or something like that?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Let's not discuss personal drug use on this site as it will get you banned.

What sort of voices do you hear?
In your op you explained your memories of people hearing your present thoughts.. That's all taking place in your own mind so of course its all capable of interacting.

You cannot be held against your will if you ask for help. Basically you have to be dangerous to be held somewhere.. and no one will force drugs on you either.

But maybe if this is causing depression and anguish its time to work it out with some help.

Welcome to ATS by the way.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Beware the advice you receive on line. Contact your county or state mental health administration now! Imo you need personal contact with a professional.
edit on 3-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I agree with vinifalou

No one here will be able to tell you what you are experiencing.

I also second that you seek the help of a professional.
Break it down into simplest terms when telling them how you are feeling/thinking.

One thing I can tell you, is Anxiety does awful things to a persons mind.
It can and will make you think irrational thoughts.
I really dont think you would be placed in a mental hospital against your will.
Its only when you become a danger to yourself or others, that law enforcement steps in and has you placed in a hospital.
Other than that, your free to go when ever you want.
If anything you will be asked to stay for a day or 2 for an assessment - depending on the severity of the condition.
However, I strongly encourage you to stay for the full duration it takes them to make a recommendation.
Who knows, perhaps it will help you relax, the voices will stop and your mind will become clearer.
Sometimes, people just need a break.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Check your inbox please.

Go to the -> at the top of the page and select "messages".

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry I didn’t know that could get me banned, and it’s just memories of every day things except I am talking to them as the memories play in my head. And they end up hearing really personal things that I’d rather not share with anyone and that’s when the paranoia and panic attacks come then depression because I just feel drained and damaged. But I agree with all of you I will seek out some help, thanks again

a reply to: Reverbs

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You can get help online and it's simple, listen to reason, get help.
The more you hide things, close up, the worse it will get
Find a trusted friend, open up, get support and then go get professional help.

You can't help yourself, nobody can help themselves

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andres0892
Sorry I didn’t know that could get me banned, and it’s just memories of every day things except I am talking to them as the memories play in my head. And they end up hearing really personal things that I’d rather not share with anyone and that’s when the paranoia and panic attacks come then depression because I just feel drained and damaged. But I agree with all of you I will seek out some help, thanks again

a reply to: Reverbs

You don't have to listen to or engage with them. I had a friend was hearing voices, told him to ignore them, they eventually went away to bother someone else. He wasn't on any prescribed medication.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Or it could be someone putting voices in your head/gangstalking. Sounds like this is a possibility and there are a ton of websites and articles that try to cover this technology, but of course its classified info so its mostly speculation.

www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think its a linkup using nanos in you and emf gauss and thermal. Ive deducted how i hear voices by processes of elimination.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You can get help online and it's simple, listen to reason, get help.
The more you hide things, close up, the worse it will get
Find a trusted friend, open up, get support and then go get professional help.

You can't help yourself, nobody can help themselves
your right to a degree. But ive got mental control to shut the b#s in my area up.
Thats right no longer are they "in my head"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The best help I can offer is to express to our Creator that you are in need of additional attention. I will do so after this message. Have no fear, you will get through this. You are eternal and invincible. Much LOVE to you.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not exactly sure what your talking about maybe you could send me some links so I can read up on it thanks

a reply to: anotherside

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The answer is simple, yet ridiculously complex.

Find someone else who has received any sort of telepathic message from you.

If it happens, be prepared to be massively creeped out. I had something happen that 3 other people were witness to. We are all creeped the hell out, most of all, *me*, since I was the target.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Dont take ANOTHERSIDES advice, just dont, go read this persons threads, he has admitted he is diagnosed schizophrenic and refuses to take his meds or do any sort of ongoing therapy.

Hes going to give you bad advice that could possibly make anything that could POSSIBLY be oncoming medical condition, much much worse.
edit on 3-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It is probably that you are finally noticing what others were steering you to notice in the past. What we know is all learned from other. Our subconscious is somewhat based off genetic knowledge passed on from others, our conscious is learned from what we observe.

You are just waking up, becoming aware of hints you were given in the past. At least you are not getting alzheimer disease, you probably are sorting out real memories that you were not aware that you had not made.

I believe we do have a link to other people, but it does not go back in time. If we are friends or relatives with someone, we start to think alike, I think a subconscious link could occur. A gut feeling of a sort. This link could be with someone who is confused, we have to make sure that we are not sucked into it if it is too far off normal. Other animals and even microbes have this link, they say humans don't, I question their determination. The thing is that we have little control over this link, most people cannot comprehend it exists yet train themselves to use it. How many times have you thought you had to go see someone only to go to the store and run into that person shortly after thinking about it. I have done that way too often to consider it coincidence.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I’ve thought about doing that, but it freaks me out way too much to think about what might happen if this could be real. Honestly I just want it to go away, it’s become way to much for me to process, to the point where it feels like my heart is going to explode. I’m going to seek professional help, it’s time for this chapter in my life to come to an end.

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I do not condone what so ever asking the Internet advice on mental or psychic powers, it’s not a good recipe at all. Nothing personal but allot of people are mean and hurtful online can make matters worse. My advice would be to contact someone who is a professional of the mind a doctor etc. maybe it’s something that can be solved clinically. Does not hurt, they are better prepared to give you answers, if you do not like them, well those are things we have to deal with, just maybe you have psychic powers who knows.

Keep us informed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join